CFL - 590 Watts/41,700 Lumens - 3 Gal - Hempy - Coco - Northern Lights Feminized

Nice setup man! Im especially loving your CFL fixture. Plants looking great as well. Subbed.

Thanks GoneP! They used to be 2 different lights. One for veg and flower but I combined them and now have a mixed spectrum of high and low kelvin. The wiring was a pain in the ass and I couldn't get all the wires inside the PVC but it turned out okay still. Thanks for the sub!

Subbed, Plants look great :thumb:

Thanks cruizer! I was actually checking out your grow yesterday! Thanks for the sub! Hope you guys enjoy the ride :welcome:

Well they're 3 weeks old today! Here's some pics. There's really nothing major to report other than big buds are

Does anyone know what this is? Only was on about 3 leaves. It's not really a big deal to me as it doesn't affect the plants growth as far as I can see.
image29785.jpg

image29784.jpg

Got a little light burn. Oops!
image29782.jpg

image29781.jpg
image29783.jpg
image29779.jpg
image29778.jpg

image29777.jpg

I noticed the branches were split near the stalk from weight stress over time. Do you think this will be a problem? Maybe a portal for bacteria and infection?
image29780.jpg

Subbed. Looks interesting. :thumb:
Edit- ok now I've read the journal from the start. The plants look awesome and I love your light contraption.
The pictures of brown specks just above look like cal mag deficiency, but if it's only on a couple leaves...I dunno. Watch for it to spread and if it doesn't don't worry about it I suppose.
The scrogco setup looks cool. But since I live for diy, it also looks like a side of a steel cage, or a bit of mesh fencing, or a side of a crab trap... Figure out a few connections for some aluminum rods to attach and run through, and you're set. I do individual scrog screens, four to a 600w hps light. Originally I made some contraptions set in plywood bases which held my plants- screens supported by aluminum arrow shafts I had laying around. Now I'm using ten gallon pots which are big enough I can just jam the support rods in the pot so I don't need the base anymore. I found some four foot garden stakes at a dollar store which are basically 3/8" aluminum shaft material coated in green plastic, and cut those into 2' lengths. Things are still a bit of a jigsaw puzzle in my room but at least I can move the plants around

Weasel! Thanks man!

I agree about your scrogco comment. I think it's a great product but once tutorials start popping up on how to make your own, they will stop selling as many. But I think 4 steel dowels and a steel cage would work fine like you said. I'll have to pop inside the dollar store to see what they have! :thumb:
I prefer individual scrog screens too (not that I have a lot experience). I feel it gives a little more freedom to the plants and makes your life easier

UPDATE!

Well everyone... I turned to the darkside and purchased a Platinum P300 LED (100x3). I chose that LED because I wanted a good warranty, and I wanted an LED with 3 watt diodes. I've seen the P300 around 420Mag grow journals and I liked the results.

Now the reason I wanted to swap out the lights is simply to save on the electricity bill. My cfl lights are causing a little too much heat inside the tent and I'm venting that air into my bedroom. The A/C is battling with the hot air output of the tent and the A/C rarely shuts off now. This is causing high electricity bills so my hope is to reduce wattage used from 504 watts (CFLs) to about 180 watts that the P300 consumes. It should be in Friday so I'll be reporting back then with many questions for my LED users as I've never used one. Thanks for subbing everyone! You guys rock! :thanks:

Hey Grouchy, I made a scrog from what i picked up at the dollar store. Check out page 1 of my journal. I stopped using it because i move my plants around a lot, in and out of there home.

on the one i built, i bent the main metal piece and slid it down into the pot until it touched bottom. I did notice that it would lift up a little when the plant got bigger so I attached the scrog to the side of the pot. You can see in a few pictures how i kept it from moving I also noticed you need an even tie down because the plant will lift on side more than the other. Some things to make a note of :thumb:

Oh yeah- those stem splits -I tie up the area securely with pipe cleaners, also from the dollar store, so they can't split more. They won't hurt the plant though but you do need to not let them split worse.

Hey Grouchy, I made a scrog from what i picked up at the dollar store. Check out page 1 of my journal. I stopped using it because i move my plants around a lot, in and out of there home.

on the one i built, i bent the main metal piece and slid it down into the pot until it touched bottom. I did notice that it would lift up a little when the plant got bigger so I attached the scrog to the side of the pot. You can see in a few pictures how i kept it from moving I also noticed you need an even tie down because the plant will lift on side more than the other. Some things to make a note of :thumb:

Right on, man! That's ingenuity if I've ever seen it. That would be much too small for me though. My canopy is about 2'x2', but the same concept applies. As long as you have a way to anchor it down, it wont go anywhere. Even if that means it only has one leg (opposed to four) to stand on like yours. It doesn't have to be expensive or complicated to work as you pointed out.

Oh yeah- those stem splits -I tie up the area securely with pipe cleaners, also from the dollar store, so they can't split more. They won't hurt the plant though but you do need to not let them split worse.

Right on, man! thanks. I'll throw something on there to prevent further slitting.:peacetwo:

Dude, your grow looks very awesome. It is bigger than I want to have, but you are certainly getting really nice results. Thanks again for your comments on my grow journal. I'm hoping the extra four bulbs pushes me over the 50 gram threshold.

I'm subbed and looking forward to seeing the outcome!

Thanks robotic! Don't worry, your yield may not hit your goal but the good thing is that your next grow will have more than your previous. This seems to be the standard across the board. Grower's yields only go up as long as they make the changes from last grow's mistakes. My first grow was 16g. Second grow was 60g. I'm anticipating this grow to be half pound. As long as you're progressing, then good for you!

I'm subbed in, but gotta catch up on your journal yet...

As you know I'm a newbie, so mainly here to learn.

BTW -- nice DIY CFL bank!! Reminds me of some of the products cfl-growlight.com has.

Those plants are looking good too; nice work!!

Thanks for the sub, man! There's an overload of knowledge here at 420Mag. Great people growing great plants! The diversity of growing methods is astounding to me. You're gonna learn a lot here as I hope to (since I'm a newbie as well).

I actually saw those fixtures but anyone who buys them is insane only because the price. To reengineer that would be pretty easy at a fraction of the price. It may not be as pretty but looks aren't that important as long as it's functional. I got my eyes on your grow! Good luck, man!

I'm excited to see how that Platinum LED works for you! Congrats on a good purchase!

Thanks guam! I got it a few hours ago! The quality as far as material and how it feels, is amazing. It feels like it will last for a while. There's a reason they give a 5 year warranty. I'm guessing that is because they know it will last past that period. Im sure there are many great others but this one just fits my needs. Know what I mean?

Well I have my one P300... Aaaaand I ordered another. Haha! I will have 2 by Monday night and will use them to finish off the flowering. I wasn't planning on doing another grow until after I buy a house early 2016 but I will be doing one more grow that will finish by December hopefully. The average temperature went down from 85F to 78F. I'm very impressed by the heartless LED. Also, it's study as heck! Great quality. I'm sold.

Here's some pics I took last night.

Quick question... My lights are 12 inches from canopy. I'm worried about bleaching. I have no more vertical room. Is this going to be a problem? I really have no other choice.

image29982.jpg
image29987.jpg
image29988.jpg
image29989.jpg
image29990.jpg
image29991.jpg
image29992.jpg
image29993.jpg

This is a pic of the scrog screen I had before I took it off.ci really regret taking it off. It looked good but hindered my watering process.

image29994.jpg

Back
Top Bottom