CFL - 590 Watts/41,700 Lumens - 3 Gal - Hempy - Coco - Northern Lights Feminized

wish u the best of luck man :grinjoint:
I wanted to ask u something if it's ok , how is it going with the new 5 plants ? they r in veg but were for a while in the same tent with the flowering plant right ? how did u manage that with the 12/12 light period ?, I mean wouldn't they flower early in that way ? , i'm asking because i'v also made few clones today and i have only one tent , i'm afraid the 2 old plants will move to flowering time in like one more month while the clones will be still very young and not ready to flower , is there a way to fix that ?
Cheers

wish u the best of luck man :grinjoint:
I wanted to ask u something if it's ok , how is it going with the new 5 plants ? they r in veg but were for a while in the same tent with the flowering plant right ? how did u manage that with the 12/12 light period ?, I mean wouldn't they flower early in that way ? , i'm asking because i'v also made few clones today and i have only one tent , i'm afraid the 2 old plants will move to flowering time in like one more month while the clones will be still very young and not ready to flower , is there a way to fix that ?
Cheers

Kat- if you are trying to veg and flower at the same time, you will need to get a box or tent or maybe even a closet to put the vegetative plants in to grow. Use 23 watt cfls. They veg plants pretty good. I used a closet for the longest time for my veg room and it worked fine. Good luck!
GB80

what he said Katatonia.

But a plant wont flower just because it has 12/12 light. There are conditions to it even if they are miniscule. One of those conditions is the plant must be at maturity. This means that plant will need about 3 weeks (sometimes 4) of vegging before it will be mature enough to flower. So for the first few weeks of their life, they can be kept at 12/12. Clones might be different. I don't know if they are considered mature right after they are clipped or if they revert back to juvenile. I'd guess the same rules apply because the clone doesn't meet all requirements for flowering like energy potential. They lack the energy to get pushed into flower.

I just used the MB2 to make some cannabutter with the trim I had. The trim came to a total of 91 grams. And that trim was mostly small buds. So, I'd say this is going to be some strong butter seeing how I used only 4 cups for 91 grams. I'll try it out tomorrow and get back to you guys. I might also have the second harvest weight in on Wednesday.

I just used the MB2 to make some cannabutter with the trim I had. The trim came to a total of 91 grams. And that trim was mostly small buds. So, I'd say this is going to be some strong butter seeing how I used only 4 cups for 91 grams. I'll try it out tomorrow and get back to you guys. I might also have the second harvest weight in on Wednesday.

Damn son that will be some fine butter!

Clones will root in about 7 days under 12/12. If kept in for another week, they will start flowering. Usually 10 days or less under 12/12 will be fine for most plants. I stick mine in there for 3 or 4 days just to get some stretch sometimes..:thumb:. shhhhhh. LoL

Thank u guys for these great info , I still haven't started flowering with my first 2 plants yet , they r like 26 days of veg now , what i'm gonna do now is let them veg for another month , in this way the clones will root and get 3 weeks of veg , and then i'll change the light and timing to 12/12 for all the plants together , 3 weeks of veg for northern lights seems to be fine because they seem to grow fast and bushy , and i have alot of space in height in my tent , not width though , so the old 2 plants can grow taller now , in this way i should get the max out of the old and new ones i guess
anyways i'll be posting what happens in my journal , thanks again :thumb:

Thank u guys for these great info , I still haven't started flowering with my first 2 plants yet , they r like 26 days of veg now , what i'm gonna do now is let them veg for another month , in this way the clones will root and get 3 weeks of veg , and then i'll change the light and timing to 12/12 for all the plants together , 3 weeks of veg for northern lights seems to be fine because they seem to grow fast and bushy , and i have alot of space in height in my tent , not width though , so the old 2 plants can grow taller now , in this way i should get the max out of the old and new ones i guess
anyways i'll be posting what happens in my journal , thanks again :thumb:

I'm watching yours man! Looking good.

FINAL WEIGHTS

LED power draw: 180 watts average

Plant 1: 79.15 g
Plant 2: 84.02 g

Plants 1&2: 163.17 g

Gram Per Watt: 0.9

Trim (mostly popcorn): 91 g

Conclusion: Northern Lights is a very hardy, bushy, short plant as it is known for. I had almost no problems with this grow despite the mistakes I made as a new grower. I see why it is a favorite for small grow cabs. The smell was very mild while growing and is a good stealth option. There was a slight slink but it wasn't so skunky that it smelled the whole house up. The smoke was a very good evening time smoke option because of its couch lock effect. Also, I believe the psychoactive part is very medicinal because it turns you into a zombie and gives you the 'I don't care about anything' mindset, including pain. I would recommend this strain for sure at least one time.

I want to thank you all so much for the ride through this fun time. Please stop by my new grow and tell me what you think and give me some pointers or just grab a chair and watch the grow unfold! I really appreciate all your help!

-Grouchy

grouchy, i really like the cfl fixture at the start of the grow. do you have a tutorial for that by chance?

Unfortunately I don't! I'd be happy to answer questions about it though. If you need a wiring diagram or any information about it, ask away and I'll answer as quickly as possible

Back
Top Bottom