Chaos ridden 2nd indoor bagseed grow

Thanks Be!-gnat as in the ones where the babies eat your roots? that would blow. i have seen one more since and I vaccumed his ass up while he was on the wall..

question..Im only flowering with cfls. the yield wont be all that great with those. I think mlady is getting me a 400 watt hps for christmas tho. My due date (75days) is january 22. if i were to start using the hps on christmas would the buds get alot fatter by the 22nd of january?

picrswgroupday20.jpg

I would get something to wrap around that clearish container. Roots hate light! ;-) Otherwise, looking great.

I am sure it would increase your yield quite a bit, the last 2-3 weeks are when it puts on it's weight...

Suggestion, after seeing your grow area you may want to see if santa will get you a vented hood, not only that but try to get an HPS/MH that will take both types of bulbs...

the gnats, yes the babies will mack on your roots.... Make sure you keep stirring up your topsoil, this will kill any eggs, and get the adults as soon as you see them.. They are really easy to get rid of if you catch them early...:peace:

ms fox- under the brown tape on the bottle is black felt. is that good? tuesday the soil will be here.. i am pretty sure of it this time cause amazon is the shit! i will then transplant into my 4.5 gallon pots (they are acually planters)for the remainder of the grow.

Be- acually the system (from HTGsupply) comes with an hps and a MH conversion bulb. vented hood you say? is that due to the heat and are they expensive? i have no clue how hot hps and mh get or how high to hang them from the plants. I jsut hear that they dramaticly increase your yield. and growing 12/12 all the time i will need more than a cfl yield i think. of course my other grow was finished early due to rootbound so i didnt get to see the full potential of the plant. :-(.

stirred the topsoil thismoring and i will get flypapers sooon as i get out to get them.

one other question.. how do you know exactly when to transplant? i have just been guessing or waiting till the growing slows. but that causes unesseccary stress i would think?

HTG has great deals on light systems, just go through and look for the one with a vented hood, it will be some extra bucks but IMO it is well worth it. Heat issues are a pain in the ass and a ton of extra work.. I had so many fans that it sounded like I had a jet in the closet, now I have one exhaust fan ( for the light) and an intake and exhaust for the room. The room is quiet and my temps with the 400 4" off the canopy never has gone above 82f.. It will save you time, frustration, and your plants will love you...

Just be careful when transplanting, if you abuse it while transplanting then yes, it may stress out a bit. If you are good to it, it will be fine... It sounds like a good time, usually when they start to slow down in growth is when I will transplant. :ganjamon::peace:

UPDATE: DAY 23

Lola... she is budding :cheesygrinsmiley: her new soil is foxfarms ocean forest.. hope she likes it
picrsaday32lola.jpg
picrsaday32lola2.jpg

picrsaday32lola3.jpg

Miss Pheobe.. her pistils really are a pinkish color. cant seem to get the color to come out very good in a picture but i hope it keeps getting brighter.
picrsaday32mspheb2.jpg

picrsaday32mspheb.jpg

WW day 10.. still slow as molasses!
picrsaday32ww.jpg

ending with a group :yummy:
picrsaday32group.jpg

Enjoi :rollit:

Question. how much does a 400watt HPS system raise the electric bill? it cant be too noticeable. i may have to go with 250 watt for that purpose. anyone who knows about this please let me know soooon.

I think I jumped up about 50-75 bucks a month, that was ruuning 2-400's and a shitload of exhaust and intake fans... So, probably around 40 bones a month or a bit less.. Careful with the 250's, I actually read some articles that said they use almost as much as a 400. And they are inefficiant as hell..Do some looking around and see what you come up with..:peace:

thanks Be. i think im going with the 400watt. im only going to have that and some cfls. i cant really do exhaust so i cant get anything bigger. wish i could get the 600 watt tho. Im sure these ladies would love those lumens.. i have an a/c for summer. but right now its very cold where i live so all i have to do is open the window and it cools everything down. i hope it does the same with the hps.

If you are still working with the 4x3x2 closet you are going to have a tough time keeping that heat at a resonable temp. That window will be open most of the time you have lights on.Good luck with the new light, your ladies will love you for it..Just make sure you figure out any heat issues ASAP... :peace: and good luck..:ganjamon:

well the 4x3x2 is just a small portion i was using. the whole closet size is 3ftx4ftx5tall.
soo technically 400watts wouldnt even be enough lumens. i would be at a little less than 80,000 lumens and that would call for 120,000. but i hope its good enough!

another question. Lolas leaves are curling inward. I suspect the mg soil but i dont want to jump to that conclusion just because i know mg sucks. could it have been the transplant? if so ill give it a few days. but what are other problems that could be? i have looked for it a little and will continue to do so but in the mean time... what do YOU think it could be? you can kind of see it in the pictures from the last update. Its alot worse now.

It could be the transplant. I've had that happen before when I transplanted from MG to organic soil. Most of the leaves I had do that stayed that way, but the new growth looked good. You took her out of MG and put her in FFOF? Maybe she's adjusting. Keep an eye on her. You check your ph of the solution you add right?

where is the other 25,000 lumens you have coming from? That 400 is going to be tight in there when you account for loss of space due to container size, ceiling and the the airspace you are going to keep between light and plant.. You better think about some venting...Or atleast start figuring how you are going to keep the heat away from the plants.

ms fox- by solution you mean water and nutrients? if so it is 7. and the soil is 6.5.. well my ph meter goes from 6.5 to 7 no in between. so it could be anywhere between there.

Be- this is no good.maybe i should go with T5 flourecent? damn i want a HPS yield lol. I see people getting like 2 and 3 ounce per plant!

are there any other light sources other than hps? what if i ran ALOT of flourecents?

Search "Boss's poor man grow" It has excellent info about CFL's and how you can get a good yield with them. Other than HPS there is MH which are both HIDs and there are LEDs, Floros, and CFLs which you know about. most other lights dont provide the proper light spectrum for your ladies. Hope this helps they look really great.

Hmmmm going with FFOF Organic Soil, and what type of fertilizer were you going to use? In a soil condition as yours and just transplanting from NG to FF, water only 1-2 weeks with a light application of Earth Juice Rootstock, to help stimulate root development. You are using an organic soil base. This will help stabilize the transplanting. Immediate application of ? Nutrients as you say, can harm the transition. Easy going till they are back in full swing.
You will need great intake and exhaust for this using the 400w hps, and heat build up will become a situation. However you should be able to produce more crops a year going short grows I.e... 90 days start to finish.

thanks dr!

cherma- the nutes are FF big bloom and tiger bloom. I have grow big but i didnt use any due to the MG soil and the fact that i did 12/12 from seedling. looks like the 400watt is out of the question.

so my options for my price range are as follows: ( i am going with HTG cause i can drive there and not pay sales tax OR shipping :cheesygrinsmiley:
150watt HPS+2ft 2 lamp T5 flourencent. (26,000 lumens total)
or
4ft 4 lamp T5 (20,000 lumens)
or
2 2ft 2 lamp T5 (20,000 lumens)
or
50watt 112 light L.E.D panel (doesnt say the lumen output)
or
2 16watt 225 light L.E.D panel. (again no lumen output mentioned)
or
5 13watt 168 light L.E.D spotlights.

let me know what you think

:allgood:

Well, at least you have a ton of options.. For your situation, I would think you would want to stay with the floro's and the cfl's..I You can move them fairly easy, line the side wall, and heat shouldn't be a problem with a fan or two. It will let you grow closer to the ceiling.

Now the LEDS and some cfl's may work good for you too.. I wouldn't recommend any though as I have not used them and did not read good things about the panels..
:ganjamon::peace:

Yah i didnt read to good of things about LED.

when they say 150watt mini hps system i assume they mean small? 16,000 lumens isnt too bad. due to some situations with vehichles its now or never for the lights and i have like 80 bux and i just need MORE LIGHT. so i was thinking the mini 150watt hps system from HTGsupply for $69.75. none of the floros are enough lumens that i can afford. but at least its something for now and maybe i can order some extra floros after christmas time. 150watts shouldnt get too terribly hot right? and it is mini so i should have at least the room needed to grow. im going to get another fan to add to the circulation too...

those pink pistils are turning red... it looks so sweet!

Back
Top Bottom