Chaos ridden 2nd indoor bagseed grow

Yah i didnt read to good of things about LED.

when they say 150watt mini hps system i assume they mean small? 16,000 lumens isnt too bad. due to some situations with vehichles its now or never for the lights and i have like 80 bux and i just need MORE LIGHT. so i was thinking the mini 150watt hps system from HTGsupply for $69.75. none of the floros are enough lumens that i can afford. but at least its something for now and maybe i can order some extra floros after christmas time. 150watts shouldnt get too terribly hot right? and it is mini so i should have at least the room needed to grow. im going to get another fan to add to the circulation too...

those pink pistils are turning red... it looks so sweet!

I'd save up and get at least a 400 setup.

I'd save up and get at least a 400 setup.

I would love to go with the 400watt but I live in an apartment and i have no way of exhausting the hot air. I am just going to hope the 150watt doesnt get too hot.im not going to be growing any more than 2-4 plants at a time.

I would love to go with the 400watt but I live in an apartment and i have no way of exhausting the hot air. I am just going to hope the 150watt doesnt get too hot.im not going to be growing any more than 2-4 plants at a time.

A 400w is not that bad. Most pc power supplies run at 500w. So a 400w bulb would generate less heat than an average desktop pc. A 1000w would generate 2/3 the heat of an average blow dryer and would be overkill. I've seen people use a 600w in a small 9 square meter grow room in an apartment with no problems at all. 400w is good enough for 4 -5 square meters.

Another good choice if you want lots of light and less heat is to substitute a 4 foot 200 - 250 watt 4 x T5 cfl fixture. These can be bought for $100 - 200 and produce about 20k lumens. that's on par with a 400w MH or HPS and you can easily switch between 3000k for blooming or 6500k for veg. Try searching ebay for "T5 cfl" or "t5 grow light" for some examples.

^ why you say that?

rage- I thought a 400watt hps is 50k lumens.

By the way i transplanted ms.pheobe today. She wasnt really growing at all the past 2 days. Her pistils are getting more red every day.its not the red like end of flowering red..much brighter. Its hot! her bud is going to grow up right? theres no other buds. just a top bud. It started the main cola at like the 3rd node. i better not end up with like a 1 gram bud or i will be very upset.

pics when i get up in the morning if i can get the camera to stay on long enough.

A 400w is not that bad. Most pc power supplies run at 500w. So a 400w bulb would generate less heat than an average desktop pc. A 1000w would generate 2/3 the heat of an average blow dryer and would be overkill.

Thats why I say that

^ why you say that?

I have a high output 400w HPS that claims 55,000 lumens. It's in a 4x6 tent and requires a 6" inline fan to cool properly. I have the fan venting at the top and two 4" intakes at the bottom. I'm running a high output MH in there at moment and it's been peaking at ~78 degrees.

:peace:

Harry

^ why you say that?

By the way i transplanted ms.pheobe today. She wasnt really growing at all the past 2 days. Her pistils are getting more red every day.its not the red like end of flowering red..much brighter. Its hot! her bud is going to grow up right? theres no other buds. just a top bud. It started the main cola at like the 3rd node. i better not end up with like a 1 gram bud or i will be very upset.

pics when i get up in the morning if i can get the camera to stay on long enough.

I think it depends on the bulb. Some bulbs like agromax can output double.

Thanks for all the info everyone!

Update: DAY 26

ms.pheobe at a whopping 3.75 inches tall. i hope she grows.
picrsamsphebday26.jpg

picrsamspheb2day26.jpg

Lola (10 inches tall)
picrsalola2day26.jpg

picrsaloladay26.jpg

the white widow is a boy i think. I see balls so its at least a herma. Now my question is.. how long (and how do i know when to) until i can shake him in a trash bag for pollen? and do i leave him in there with the girls until then?

You need to separate him fro the females or you are going to have a room full of seed..

It just depends on the plant, the two males I just milked took 10 and 14 days before they started dropping pollen. You will know when they start dropping. Little yeelow splotches will start appearing on lower leaves from where a flower fell off and hit the leave realeasing it's load... once you see it, you will know it...

A 400w is not that bad. Most pc power supplies run at 500w. So a 400w bulb would generate less heat than an average desktop pc. A 1000w would generate 2/3 the heat of an average blow dryer and would be overkill. I've seen people use a 600w in a small 9 square meter grow room in an apartment with no problems at all. 400w is good enough for 4 -5 square meters.

Another good choice if you want lots of light and less heat is to substitute a 4 foot 200 - 250 watt 4 x T5 cfl fixture. These can be bought for $100 - 200 and produce about 20k lumens. that's on par with a 400w MH or HPS and you can easily switch between 3000k for blooming or 6500k for veg. Try searching ebay for "T5 cfl" or "t5 grow light" for some examples.

hey bud I think you are comparing apples and bananas here. a 400w or 500w PC power supply generates DC from AC power not light. It is far more efficient at converting electricity from AC to DC than a bulb is at creating light. There is more "energy" put into electrical current then into heat. A bulb on the other hand is far less efficient so it gives off a great deal of its energy as heat rather than light.

1 400 will get a room warm but is not that bad to manage if you have a window or AC

Mago- do i need a lot of pollen per bud?

Well... If i wait until january 3rd i can get the 400watt HPS MH conversion system from htgsupply and I personally wouldnt have to pay one penny. I think i would be a complete moron not to take that deal ey?

another quick question. do i even need to take the male out of the cup? cant i just let the sacks develope and just shake it in like a grocery bag? im not tryin to waste expensive soil on a male. its only about 3 inches tall if that. but its got 2 nice sets of balls. I just want like 5 or so seeds from each girl. do you think that is reasonable?

It will be ok. Did it torch a budsite?

no i wouldve been much more upset.right now its pretty much only one budsite really. i hope it fills in and gets to be one really fat bud tho. she is still only like 4 inches tall at best. 5 or six nodes tho.. you think she will get fat?

Back
Top Bottom