Cheap Plastic Box Grow

Subbed.
Kinda in a hurry atm so will check in later. Re. the mites- it's very likely that all plants have them- unless you got very lucky. Neem oil works well as a spray to get rid of them. Failing that being available right away- botanical soap, or (I think) a few drops of dish soap and water, or even plain cold water will wash off the existing mites. Do a little googling on mite treatment with neem, and the methods I mentioned, (and verify that dish soap comment first please :) ).
Your plants look a bit overwatered. Have you checked out this area of 420? How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know It's essential reading. Read the watering section and the 'lift the pot technique'.

Good morning Weaselcracker! Thanks heaps for the sub! No need to rush the girls and I arnt going anywhere ;)

Mites: I haven't heard much of neem oil before thank you so much I'll do a search on that one. As for the dish soap, I've had two growers tell me this works. So I tried it and I'm going to vote yes too (I used an eco friendly one) I pulled the infected girls out, pulled apart and cleaned the box, put on some reggae and gloves. Made a mix with about 3 drops to a litre of waters, gave the girls a good spray all over esp underneath. It's been a week now, and touch wood, but there has been no signs. The little girls that had them bad I couldn't save the clones where to young and small, it was a sad day.

Yes totally guilty of a little over watering. In those smaller pots, I think I may have added a bit to much perlite (first time using it) to my mix, so when I was lifting the pot I think there was more water in there than I thought. I did a better mix with the new soil when I transplanted, and it's been 3 days since ive watered them and they have improved heaps.

That everthing you need to know section is flat out amazing, thanks for the link and keep the links coming , this site is so huge!

Thanks again WC, your time and help is so greatly appreciated.
Happy days.

Cool. You're welcome. Nice to be here. I subbed because where I live it would take me two days travel to get to the nearest grow store. I would have said three days but a store but opened up a bit closer. So I do lots of on the cheap/diy stuff as well.
Repeat that mite spray at least once or preferably twice more, about 4 days apart, just to be safe. Those bastards can really haunt you and are way easier to kill now than on bigger plants.
Ok I actually really have to run now...

Thanks for the kind words!

Please pay a visit to my journal. Everyone's welcome. Lots of great knowledge and tons of love pass through everyday.

You're girls aren't showing any signs of too much Nutes. So I would continue back at a regular feeding schedule. I like to water, water, feed. Throughout the week.

All the best!

Damn! I was so chilled last night I forgot to sub! I just fixed that then. Yeah man awesome journal, and one that I will be keeping up on the daily.

Awesome to hear. They seem to be loving their new pots so I'll jump back on the feeding soon, cheers heaps for the tip I'll get on that this week.

Cheers again ledgend!

:thanks:
Cool. You're welcome. Nice to be here. I subbed because where I live it would take me two days travel to get to the nearest grow store. I would have said three days but a store but opened up a bit closer. So I do lots of on the cheap/diy stuff as well.
Repeat that mite spray at least once or preferably twice more, about 4 days apart, just to be safe. Those bastards can really haunt you and are way easier to kill now than on bigger plants.
Ok I actually really have to run now...

Thats awesome I'm just about to go have a look at your journal, go the diy it's awesome we have a place to bounce around ideas! All design ideas welcome for a cheap flower box, that's the next project!

Yeah thanks heaps for that, I will give them another clean, and to be honest I didn't even think to do that! Dirty little bastards.

GO GO catch ya on the flip side

1442525068288.jpg
1442525171852.jpg
1442525239306.jpg
1442524896364.jpg
1442525008072.jpg
1442525037407.jpg
Good morning all you wonderful people. I hope your garden is doing amazing.

It's time for the girls weekly photo shoot. I'm pretty sure today is the start of week 4 (don't you judge me haha) so these ladies got transplanted 3 days ago into pots at least 4 times the original size. I already have roots coming out the bottom of the pot...

I've also noticed these yellow marks on the one of the girls, wasn't there yesterday. I put in two new cfl lights the other day. I'm wondering if that may be a burn or Hotspot or have I spoken to soon and the spidermites have come back? I can't see any webs anywhere. What do you recon? Soil is drying out, will probs give them a water and small feed today. Other than that all has been good. Thanks everyone that's taken the time to help my little garden out. As always all comments welcome and happy days.
WS

Subbed my friend. Sorry for the tardiness but was getting high out back... Thanks for the grow.

The yellow spots look like you may have spilled a couple drops of nutrient solution on the leaves, or something? Not likely since you probably didn't feed yesterday. Basically- don't worry about the yellow spots -I think they're nothing important ;).
The roots sticking out the bottom look great and that says volumes about your plant's health. I do think though from the color and sheen of the leaves that they are on the high end of safe nutrient levels.
Mites don't build webs till they get to quite high populations. The way to look for them is to study the undersides of the leaves closely. Any little specks of stuff under there should be treated with suspicion, and if they start moving... well....you know what to do.

The yellow spots look like you may have spilled a couple drops of nutrient solution on the leaves, or something? Not likely since you probably didn't feed yesterday. Basically- don't worry about the yellow spots -I think they're nothing important ;).
The roots sticking out the bottom look great and that says volumes about your plant's health. I do think though from the color and sheen of the leaves that they are on the high end of safe nutrient levels.
Mites don't build webs till they get to quite high populations. The way to look for them is to study the undersides of the leaves closely. Any little specks of stuff under there should be treated with suspicion, and if they start moving... well....you know what to do.

WC thanks for the return! Good to hear about the spots. I'm such a worrier. Yes!!! Nice and healthy roots and leaves to really, I've been keeping the feeds low. I'll be sure not to over do it!

Damn hate those little buggers. I gave them another wash today and pat dried with paper towel, nice heavy spray underneath with that week dish soap solution. I found a really cool magnifing app on the phone and gave them a good look today. Still nothing but paranoia at this stage. Haha

Have a mad one WC thanks again for your guidance!

20150921_101630.jpg
20150921_101626.jpg
20150921_101602.jpg
20150921_101536.jpg
Good morning friends!! So picture update and question time!!

So 1st question, there are heaps of tops coming out, should I start a low stress today or is it too early?

2nd question... my partner and I have decided to do this indoor grow on a better scale, as we have enjoyed this so much, so we are looking to get an led. So for now this grow obviously isn't going to yield us much... so my question is, when is going to be the best time to switch to bloom? My girls are 10cm tall at the moment and I have a bit over 30 cm grow room. All advice welcome. Thanks a whole big bunch. Happy days WS

Back
Top Bottom