Coco Scrog - Multiple Strains

Update: 5/10/12

I Transplanted Vortex, SLH, & Tahoe OG into larger square containers on the 7th. They were all fed BPN Veg 2 formula + Liquid Seaweed, along with a foliar I mixed up.

I've been making adjustments to my LST everyday. The C. mass, Snow White, & LA Con are moving slow for some reason, I'm not too sure why. The Vortex, SLH, & Tahoe have shot up in the last three days since their move outside. The LA Con is showing an awful lot of pistils as well, I trashed the other one because it started flowering, and I may do the same to this one. I don't understand why it would be flowering with 14 hours of light

On to the pics

Lets start with the Critical Mass, it has been kind of idle since I tied it down about 3-4 days ago but it has lots of tops

2012-05-10_09_33_41.jpg

Next we have Snow White, which has also been a slow mover the past few days

2012-05-10_09_34_55.jpg

La Confidential, pushing out lots of pistils unlike the others

2012-05-10_09_30_07.jpg

Here we have the Super Lemon Haze, which has a bunch of new tops reaching up. It also has a wonderful smell

2012-05-10_09_36_03.jpg

Next is the Vortex

2012-05-10_09_36_49.jpg

Last but not least we have the Tahoe OG

2012-05-10_09_37_18.jpg

Heres a little group photo to finish this update! (This is not how they are situated, I just threw them next to each other for a quick pic

2012-05-10_09_38_59.jpg

Enjoy! :peace:

I agree. Perfect LST there. Where and how many times did you top that plant? Looks like you topped the main stem once, then let it grow a bit and topped the 4 remaining shoots once each. Is that right? That is a perfect top/LST. I am in the middle of flowering my scrog and was just looking for how I cold do it better next time. This is definitely it. Great Job.

subd mate, soz for the late entry but i check on that many its hard to decide which to have a read of, but you was on teSmp's so i thought id come over and have a quick flick through to get caught up,
great journal and great plants, did you find the same as me that cfls tend to keep the plants small and very bushy, i thought my problem was over watering which i was at first, but now ive not done that i still found my plants didnt want to gain height even when the plants where a foot away from the lights, usually the lights where withing an inch or 2, anyways cfls got me well into flower but i was using around 400 actual watts with cfls so in the last week i switched to a hps to flower them off, and ive noticed my plants are stretching now im using the hps, not sure why but its what is happening, be good to know why.

i lst and topped mine, and my plants ended up looking like they are under a scrog, mine are well into flower not but not under scrog they just look like it, pop over and have a read when you want and have a look at what i got going on, got plenty of strains and different types of grows,

Lookin good. I like the LST-- but why will you kill the flowering LA Con? Just let it flower and reap the rewards of budding during longer lightperiods...

IMHO, that may be why people use shorter nights like 18-6 20/4 or 24/0 or GLR to veg... some plants will just start flowering earlier in the fall than others.

subd mate, soz for the late entry but i check on that many its hard to decide which to have a read of, but you was on teSmp's so i thought id come over and have a quick flick through to get caught up,
great journal and great plants, did you find the same as me that cfls tend to keep the plants small and very bushy, i thought my problem was over watering which i was at first, but now ive not done that i still found my plants didnt want to gain height even when the plants where a foot away from the lights, usually the lights where withing an inch or 2, anyways cfls got me well into flower but i was using around 400 actual watts with cfls so in the last week i switched to a hps to flower them off, and ive noticed my plants are stretching now im using the hps, not sure why but its what is happening, be good to know why.

i lst and topped mine, and my plants ended up looking like they are under a scrog, mine are well into flower not but not under scrog they just look like it, pop over and have a read when you want and have a look at what i got going on, got plenty of strains and different types of grows,

:welcome: Donpaul and :thanks:

This grow my plants have been staying pretty small but I don't think it is the CFL's as much as my mistakes! My last grow I vegged with CFL's and I had some monsters. This grow I'm definitely having some issues I'm not too pleased with, but this is only my second grow with seeds. I've grown with seeds once a few years back but they were just bagseed and I was very inexperienced, my last two grows were with clones so I have some learning to do as you can see! I've noticed they stay shorter with tighter internodes with 6500k (daylight) CFL's, similar to MH. The 2700k (soft white) tends to cause more stretching in Veg because of the more red spectrum similar to Hps.

Very nice that you upgraded to an HID, I'd like to get a 600w sometime in the near future. How many weeks in flowering are you? Stretching is common in the beginning of flowering, around the first 2-4 weeks depending on strain

I'll head over to your journal when I get home tonight, Thanks again

Here is a few photos from my last grow, these were all vegged under CFL's

2011-10-21_13_19_01.jpg
2011-09-22_14_36_33.jpg
2011-09-22_14_37_41.jpg

2011-10-24_14_05_04.jpg
2011-10-24_20_57_05.jpg

Lookin good. I like the LST-- but why will you kill the flowering LA Con? Just let it flower and reap the rewards of budding during longer lightperiods...

IMHO, that may be why people use shorter nights like 18-6 20/4 or 24/0 or GLR to veg... some plants will just start flowering earlier in the fall than others.

:thanks: Surfbuddy

It wasn't really established enough to yield anything. If the second one continues flowering I guess I will let it finish, it might actually yield like an eighth Lol. I didn't want to connect my filter for the exhaust just yet either which is why I culled the first one, but I noticed after the second one developed some trichs that it has hardly any smell. I guess it is actually living up to it's name

Update: 5/16/12

They were all given a feed + foliar of EWC Tea along with liquid seaweed & BPN Farmers pride line Veg 2 formula

The C. Mass, Snow White, & LA Con are moving at a snails pace compared to the rest. I think I have been over watering these three, I'm just getting used to this coco, it definitely seems to retain more moisture then my promix but then again it is cut with quite a bit less perlite.

Here are the stubborn three, they also seem to be very deficient while the rest are as green as can be

Critical Mass

2012-05-16_09_37_43.jpg
2012-05-16_09_37_52.jpg

Snow White

2012-05-16_09_36_34.jpg
2012-05-16_09_36_54.jpg

LA Con

2012-05-16_09_30_48.jpg
2012-05-16_09_32_21.jpg

Here is a deficiency I've encountered on my LA Con, if anybody has any tips they would be much appreciated

2012-05-16_09_35_55.jpg

Here are the other three that seem to be doing much better

Tahoe OG

2012-05-16_09_38_51.jpg
2012-05-16_09_39_27.jpg

Vortex

2012-05-16_09_40_52.jpg
2012-05-16_09_41_08.jpg

Super Lemon Haze: So far this has been the best grower, I'll be LST'ing all the tops tomorrow

2012-05-16_09_43_54.jpg
2012-05-16_09_44_12.jpg

And Finally a group photo to finish this update

2012-05-16_09_49_26.jpg
2012-05-16_09_48_40.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality pics, it wasn't too sunny today while I was taking them. I'll try my best to provide better pics from here on out

id say by looking at it its some kind of def, could be root problem, possibly to much water like you mentioned, any chance you could fill up the same size pot with dry potting mix then you could compare dry weight and wet and then only water when its dry, that way you will have a good idea when to water,

great results with the last grow mate, it just shows cfls do work,

:thanks: Surfbuddy

It wasn't really established enough to yield anything. If the second one continues flowering I guess I will let it finish, it might actually yield like an eighth Lol. I didn't want to connect my filter for the exhaust just yet either which is why I culled the first one, but I noticed after the second one developed some trichs that it has hardly any smell. I guess it is actually living up to it's name

Isn't that what autos are? Not yet established plants starting to flower? I know it's probably better with a little sativa for upward growth and longer finish, but... I just started my first one and it had hairs on like the 4th node and started budding from there. Some of those can get large (I think someone pulled 5z's of an auto?) so let her grow!

ive heard that as well, seemed very slow as if dormant in veg but now its in flower its growing more in days than it has in 7 weeks so think they must do their growing under flower and not under veg,

Hey whats up my friend. I am here for your grow now.

When it doubt, Flush it out. I would recommend a flush and possibly a transplant. Before restarting on your nutes I would run a few days with strictly Ph'd water . I usually stray away from foliar feeding as well. BPN is awesome on its own and will show almost no issue when used properly. Those are a few of my suggestions. Also make sure your air circulation is up to par. you know the one of the most important thing for your plants is environment. most problems can stem from two things. Substandard air flow and PH imbalance. Correct those(If not corrected already) and work from there.

hey bro, nice journal just got caught up :bravo:

Im thinking light burn on that L.A. Con. Is it close too the lights, and is it the only affected area?

If its not from those extra lights, maybe a recovered mg deff?

It could possibly be light burn but several leaves are affected, I would say about 3 look like the picture! I also sprayed Azatrol & BT Thuricide earlier this week, that combined with the light could of caused burns I suppose, just odd no others are exhibiting symptoms.

id say by looking at it its some kind of def, could be root problem, possibly to much water like you mentioned, any chance you could fill up the same size pot with dry potting mix then you could compare dry weight and wet and then only water when its dry, that way you will have a good idea when to water,

great results with the last grow mate, it just shows cfls do work,

I will transplant in 1-2 weeks. They were transplanted a little over two weeks ago and I want to be sure they develop a nice root mass. I've had much larger plants in the same one gallon pots so I don't think that is the issue. Probably more of my over watering issue, it's because I brew aerated teas and my larger plants that are in smaller pots are drinking a lot quicker but I went ahead and gave them all a feeding because my tea was done brewing & I thought a small feeding while they where still moist would be more beneficial then skipping them. I guess I thought wrong, won't be making that mistake again!

Isn't that what autos are? Not yet established plants starting to flower? I know it's probably better with a little sativa for upward growth and longer finish, but... I just started my first one and it had hairs on like the 4th node and started budding from there. Some of those can get large (I think someone pulled 5z's of an auto?) so let her grow!

They have very little time to get established. Most autos start flowering after 10-20 days, and they still have the stretch period in flower to gain bulk. My LA con was only a few inches high and the internodes were packed insanely tight, I figured it wouldn't have much of a stretch period to bulk up during flower since it is a 100% indica but I'm no expert! If it was the SLH or something then I probably would of kept it because I've heard shes a real stretcher in flower. Yes some autos can definitely yield! I saw Xlr8 pull I think 4oz's off a Big Bang Auto, he said it was awesome smoke too and it looked great

Hey whats up my friend. I am here for your grow now.

When it doubt, Flush it out. I would recommend a flush and possibly a transplant. Before restarting on your nutes I would run a few days with strictly Ph'd water . I usually stray away from foliar feeding as well. BPN is awesome on its own and will show almost no issue when used properly. Those are a few of my suggestions. Also make sure your air circulation is up to par. you know the one of the most important thing for your plants is environment. most problems can stem from two things. Substandard air flow and PH imbalance. Correct those(If not corrected already) and work from there.

Thanks for joining along TOG! I can tell from your journal you've been quite busy, your grow is looking great. What are you possibly gonna use 54 clones for though? You going SOG next grow?

I appreciate your advice however I'm trying organics for the first time this grow. I'm not too sure a flushing would be beneficial in my case, since it looks hungry and I really doubt I've been overfeeding what purpose would a flush serve with organics? I'm pretty sure flushing is mostly used in non-organics (synthetics) to leech the salts out of the medium since synthetics are dissolved salts. When using organics, you're not dumping dissolved salts into your medium so I'm wondering what it would benefit?

I don't ph, it is toxic to the beneficial microbes and will kill off the microherd which is one of the main focuses with organics because they are essential to break down the organic matter into food for the plants.

I've never foliar fed before this grow, but I was very interested in trying it myself after seeing Docbud use foliar's with much success! If I do foliar again, it will only be the ewc tea & Azatrol + BT for preventive pest purposes, I have some really nasty caterpillars in my neighborhood Lol

I've made sure I have good air circulation as I now how important it really is, especially when growing outdoors in a non-airtight greenhouse. I'm only running my exhaust right now for Veg with passive intakes, for flower I will also turn on my intake fan which blows right in the middle of the canopy. I have an oscillating fan running constantly and another that can be added if necessary, I will also clean out the undergrowth day 21 of flower.

Thanks a bunch, all criticism/advice is greatly appreciated!
:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom