Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

I guess I am officially back on the horse again!! :D These are 6 of the Mephisto Double Grape auto seeds I made recently. Really top shelf nuggets and a decent sized plant with a respectable yield. I've got these on a seedling heat mat and the 4 that strike me as the healthiest will get planted into 3 gallon fabric pots and grown out. These are untested so I'll have my fingers crossed they sprout.

I'm tickled to report that all six of the Double Grape seeds have put out a tap root already. I'll select the four strongest plants for my grow and cull the other two.

Late last year I purchased a Lux meter to help me better adjust my @Mars Hydro lights so my plant were getting enough light but not too intense. It worked great and I definitely saw an improvement in quality at the top of the canopy.

I'm just getting ready to plant my four autoflower seeds and wanted to ask is there an ideal Lux light intensity for autoflower seedlings? I think I researched this at one time and 5,000 - 7,000 Lux is what I'm remembering but now when I need it I can't find that article. So if anyone knows and would care to share it would be appreciated.

Oh, also do photoperiod seedlings require the same light intensity as the auto seedlings or different?

Hope everyone is having a good week.

I don't think there's a difference between autos and photos here.
Thank you very much @InTheShed ! I have four autos I just planted this morning I'm hoping sprout in the next few days and I'm wanting to get the environment as nice as I can make it for them. This is the meter I have. Did you not tell me you had the same one? In this photo below it shows 337 as the reading and has a X100 below that. So what is the actual Lux reading in that picture? 337 or 33,700? I do not believe it would be 33,700 as the dimmer is turned nearly all the way down.

I have that same lux meter and have used it for my autos, works great and I reference the same RQS chart as Shed.

The meter in your picture shows 33.7k lux (if my memory is serving me correctly!). Though, the funny part Beez is that I ask myself that same question each time :rofl:

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but is there a cheat sheet for this thread? I'd love to get the chunks of information regarding making the seeds without having to go through 115 pages of comments, congrats, etc. If not, I'll start making my way through the thread, but if there was a "See posts xx, xx, xx & xx" for the main meat of the thread, that would be awesome.

That's 33,700!
I don't know if this has been asked yet, but is there a cheat sheet for this thread? I'd love to get the chunks of information regarding making the seeds without having to go through 115 pages of comments, congrats, etc. If not, I'll start making my way through the thread, but if there was a "See posts xx, xx, xx & xx" for the main meat of the thread, that would be awesome.
I actually did that a while back! You can find that here.

Yesterday I took the 4 best looking seeds of the 6 I had soaked for 18 hours and planted them. I took the two leftovers and put them between moist paper towels and this is them this morning. It's a shame to toss these out but I did want to see how they would do in the paper towels.

None have sprouted last I checked but I have high hopes they'll all come up. I think I have the little seedling tent dialed in. With the all zipped up the temp is 76 degrees and the RH is 71%. I Lux reading at the top of the pots is 6,000.

The wait is over!! :yahoo: I peeked in this morning and all four have broken ground and should be standing up this afternoon. Something I started about 6 months ago is placing the seeds with tails (1/4" long or better) into the hole sideways instead of root down. This was suggested to me by a friend on this site. It does slow the sprouting time by a day or so but 95% of the seedlings emerge from the medium with no helmet or membrane to mess with. This is attributed to the extra distance the seedling has to push through to reach the surface which gives more time to work the shell and membranes off. No scientific data to back this up just my personal experience.

Back
Top Bottom