Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

Today I relocated my four Double Grape auto plants into the 3x3 tent as they were asking for more room then they had in the 2x4 tent. I almost always top my autos above the 4th node. These four I did not top. The three taller plants are au natural with just some leaf tucking and bending the side branches outward. The short plant I bent over when it was small and have been tying down the side branches since then as needed. If that one doesn't gain any height this will most likely be the last time I try that method of training. I hope everyone has something fun and/or exciting planned for this coming weekend.

Those are some happy plants! Not sure on the trained one but the right two look like the same pheno, but back left has a whole other thing going on. :)

This confused me:
The short plant I bent over when it was small and have been tying down the side branches since then as needed. If that one doesn't gain any height this will most likely be the last time I try that method of training.
You're training it flat but saying if it doesn't gain height you won't try LST again? That's like measuring your kid's height off the bed when lying down and saying if they don't get taller you won't have another!

You're training it flat but saying if it doesn't gain height you won't try LST again?
I am not expecting it to achieve the height of the natural ones but wouldn't mind seeing it reach 16-18" in height.

Seem like an unfair burden to place on one plant. :)
I'm pretty sure the plant doesn't have the brain power to understand that it will be used to judge and potentially eliminate a growing method from my repertoire.

Here are a couple pics from today of the three Golden Tiger plants I am growing. These again are from regular seeds so I am hoping for at least one girl from the three plants. All three were topped about a week ago. I am slowly ramping up the grams/gallon of the MC. I rarely grow sativa strains but my understanding is they like less nitrogen. Learning as I go. The plant in the fabric pot is an autoflowering plant I am growing.

The DG autos are doing well. I think they are at sprout +58 days today. I took these photos yesterday. This strain is usually ready to harvest between days 75 and 80 so less then three weeks to go on these.

This is the tall pheno. It hasn't really stacked up and not looking like it's going to this far along but I've seen it happen down the stretch.

I have two of this pheno but only photographed just this one. Shorter then the tall one by probably a foot but it is stacking up nicely.

This is the one I bent over and tied down and tied down all the side branches as they grew.

The Golden Tiger plants are proving to be a PITA as they are 100% ready to be up-potted and still have not shown me their sex. So I GUESS I have to re-pot all three of them and go from there. The pots they are in are only about 1/3 gallon in size so I'm thinking of moving them up to 1 gallon size pots. Because my space is so limited I can't really go into much bigger pots until I have (hopefully) found a female. A female will likely end up in either a 5 or 7 gallon fabric pot. They have all been topped once and I anticipate I will top them all again. Here are a few pics from this morning. The medium needs to dry out some more before I'll up-pot them. I think at this point with their congested roots they are looking pretty nice.

Back
Top Bottom