Colombian Gold Grow: Come Learn With Me How To Produce Your Own Seeds!

Well I've grown much too impatient waiting for this last GT to show it's sex. I am pretty sure it's going to turn out to be a boy and honestly I wouldn't be all that disappointed because I am needing the space in my tent already.

Today I got the known female GT up-potted into a 10 gallon fabric pot in promix with extra perlite and some @DYNOMYCO mixed in and a little sprinkled in the hole for the roots to sit on. I'll give her a day or two and then see what I want to do about training for her. I think in the 10 gallon pot she would be in the lights in no time if she wasn't trained a bit at least. Here is a pic of the GT girl after her up-potting and then a group shot. GT girl front right with a Granddaddy Purple behind her. Back left is a Divinity Remix from IHG and front left is the suspected GT boy. My plan is to start treating the Golden Tiger girl with the colloidal silver in a couple days and on the 10th day of treating her flip the whole tent to 12/12 lighting and see if I can't make some feminized Golden Tiger S1 seeds.

At least you kept them well-fed and happy while you waited! This is one of those times that cloning and flipping to determine sex would have been a lot faster.

A GT in a 10 gallon pot is going to be huge! This was mine in a 7g on harvest day:
full

Well I've grown much too impatient waiting for this last GT to show it's sex. I am pretty sure it's going to turn out to be a boy and honestly I wouldn't be all that disappointed because I am needing the space in my tent already.

Today I got the known female GT up-potted into a 10 gallon fabric pot in promix with extra perlite and some @DYNOMYCO mixed in and a little sprinkled in the hole for the roots to sit on. I'll give her a day or two and then see what I want to do about training for her. I think in the 10 gallon pot she would be in the lights in no time if she wasn't trained a bit at least. Here is a pic of the GT girl after her up-potting and then a group shot. GT girl front right with a Granddaddy Purple behind her. Back left is a Divinity Remix from IHG and front left is the suspected GT boy. My plan is to start treating the Golden Tiger girl with the colloidal silver in a couple days and on the 10th day of treating her flip the whole tent to 12/12 lighting and see if I can't make some feminized Golden Tiger S1 seeds.

Wow! Looking good there :cool:

All three of these plants......Granddaddy Purple back left, Divinity Remix back left, and Golden Tiger in the front all got their last pre flip haircuts. I removed enough cuttings to start a clone factory. I'm real pleased with how the GDP and GT are looking at this point. I want to give them about 5 days or so to relax and recover from what was a heavy defoliation. Here is a quick pic for proof of life.

My Method of Cloning

If this tutorial teaches at least one person to successfully harvest cuttings and turn them into rooted clones then this will all be worth it to me. Right up front I need to say that there are quite a number of different and similar methods for making clones. I have had great success and produced many healthy clones using this method. I'm confident that if you closely follow the instructions and use the same materials I do that you too will have great success cloning. So let's get started. I'll do the best I can with still photos since I can't upload a video from my computer files.

Saturday night I harvested two cuttings from Colombian Gold plant #1 as she has already shown herself to be a female. They have been in a cup of well water since Saturday night. This is the cutting I'll be working with in the tutorial.

This picture shows the cutting laying on the counter. From the bottom up there are three (3) sets of side branches. I cut them off as close to the stalk as I can. BE SURE YOUR CUTTING TOOLS ARE VERY SHARP!!

Here the branches are removed and I have cut half of each leaf off. This encourages the plants to grow roots more quickly.

Next step is shaving the stalk. Use a sharp, sterile razor knife for this task. Keep the blade at a 90 degree angle to the stalk. Lightly shave it from high to low. I am usually shaving about the bottom two inches or so. You can see the fibers of the skin which I pluck off with my freshly washed fingers.

After that is completed I dip the stalk back into the water and shake if off a bit. Then I dip it into the rooting powder. When removing it gently tap off the excess powder.

Now, who is old enough to remember the game "Operation"? What you're trying to do here is slide the cutting down into the hole without touching the sides. Will you touch them....sure. But your goal is to knock off as little powder as possible.

Finally the cutting is in the ProMix BX. What I do now is take the clear cup out. I hold it by the sides and gently push in as I turn the cup slowly. My goal is to bring the ProMix into contact with the stalk as much as possible. While doing this use the medium to "straighten up" the cutting the best you can.

PART TWO COMING SHORTLY
Do u wet your soil before u set ur clones?

Not a wiz, but the cloninator seems to be working better in the cool weather as Norcaliwood said it would. At least with the AK-47. Sour G seems to be a tougher nut to crack.

I've also used your method (modified to use what I have on hand and the fact that I haven't retired yet ;)) and got an AK to root directly in ProMix HP first try. I'm still waiting on roots with a Sour G in the same soil/method. Still alive and it's been 24 days, but no sign of roots yet. Time will tell.

Thanks again for all your help!
24 days! And here I'm worrying for nothing mine's only 10 days. Haha

Back
Top Bottom