Colorado High - Soil - LED/CFL - Easy Rider Redux - 2015

As promised, here is the first photo of the babies -

IMG_010840.JPG

The left two RR plugs contain the free seeds, the middle two RR plugs contain the original seeds and the right two RR plugs contain the hermies. The left hermie sprout was literally pushing it self out of the RR plug exposing far too much of it's root so I split the RR plug down the middle and gently inserted the sprout deeper into the plug and closed the plug back up. I've checked each of the seeds in the 3 unsprouted plugs and the tap root is still in good shape but is taking its sweet time growing.

So far, only 3 of the 6 seeds have successfully sprouted and have entered the vegetation stage, 1 original seed and 2 hermie seeds. I've transplanted those 3 seedlings into the 2 gallon pots which contain the Soil/Soilless medium along with Growology Step 1. I've left the remaining 3 seeds in their RR plugs for a little while longer to see if they can overcome whatever it is that is impacting their growth. If all 3 seeds fail, then I will move forward with just the 3 plants for this grow.

Group shot of the seeds and seedlings -

IMG_010943.JPG

Close-up of O1 - Original seed #1 -

IMG_011042.JPG

Close-up of H1 - Hermie seed #1 -

IMG_011144.JPG

Close-up of H2 - Hermie seed #2 -

IMG_011239.JPG

During germination, they were under CFLs only for 24/7. Now that they've started vegetating, they are under LEDs and CFLs employing GLR.

All that they've received until now is dechlorinated tap water. Starting with the next watering they will also get Cal-Mag Plus with every watering. I plan on gving them Growology Step 2 every other watering so as to avoid any potential nutrient burn issues that can occur when using soil as the medium.

Day 6 of vegging and the babies are progressing nicely. They are only 2"-3" tall and they are already working on their 4th node. I've yet to feed them anything except for dechlorinated tap water with Cal-Mag Plus. They are starting to lighten up a bit so feeding time isn't too far off now.

Two of the seeds are DOA, unfortunately. The third, a free seed, is still hanging in there. While it has popped, either the tap root broke or did not form correctly and it is having trouble getting itself established. I'm still babying it along but I fear it may be a lost cause.

Group shot of the seeds and seedling on day 6 of vegging -

IMG_011342.JPG

Close up shot of the seeds on day 6 of vegging -

IMG_011440.JPG

Close up shot of O1 on day 6 of vegging -

IMG_011742.JPG

Close up shot of H1 on day 6 of vegging -

IMG_011539.JPG

Close up shot of H2 on day 6 of vegging -

IMG_011647.JPG

That's all for now! :thanks: for dropping by!!

Back
Top Bottom