Coloradokid's First Grow!

Just a little update… My seed had been germinating for 14 hours( went in water at 4:20 P.M. yesterday), and so at 6:20 I took the seed from the bottom of the water and planted her in the soil. I know most people put it in a paper towel first, but you can't ever mess up the all naturaaal way lol:laughtwo: Anyways, hopefully shell pop up here in a few days. Ill be sure to keep you guys updated… Until then, Im off to smoke a bowl:roorrip:

Sounds like a good method! If the seed cracks then plant the crack down. If the seed hasn't cracked then plant the "light" part of the seed down. This germination looks a lot more stable than the first couple!:thumb:

Sounds like a good method! If the seed cracks then plant the crack down. If the seed hasn't cracked then plant the "light" part of the seed down. This germination looks a lot more stable than the first couple!:thumb:

Thanks man I appreciate the tips!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So day 11 for Mary and 10 for Jane. Nothing to really update, but here are some pics.
420-magazine-mobile1321268885.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1595084143.jpg

6/8/16

Ok guys I made a very hard choice but it had to be done in my opinion. I down potted. I know I know, you're probably thinking "what a terrible idea" but I did what I thought was necessary and here's why... First off there's the faster growth because of more oxygen and I check the pots they were in and they weren't getting that much. 2 the low temps at night in my garage are slowing the growth so they are in the humidity dome in my closet under a t5 24/7

420-magazine-mobile2136578245.jpg

I would look at bumping your humidity up as well. In veg stage it should be between 50-70%. You can use a simple setup of just a damp towel and setting in a tub or something. That's what I did if you want to look at it in my journal.

I would look at bumping your humidity up as well. In veg stage it should be between 50-70%. You can use a simple setup of just a damp towel and setting in a tub or something. That's what I did if you want to look at it in my journal.

Thanks man it's been sitting at about a constant 80 percent RH but I watered them this morning after the transplant. If it starts to want to play games and drop I will be sure to use one of those to get my humidity back up:)

Ahh I was just going off what your meter said in the picture

Yeah i took the picture right when I put the meter in there, which probably wasn't the best time to take the picture lol. I think my plants are doing good though because Mary was kinda droopy after I transplanted and watered, but now she's reaching for the light more than I ever saw her reach for the LED.

Yeah I do that all the time as well as far as picture taking goes. I should have thought of that! It looks like you are on the right track. This is pretty much what I did and I feel like I got solid results to my start! Anxious to see these guys take off

Yeah I do that all the time as well as far as picture taking goes. I should have thought of that! It looks like you are on the right track. This is pretty much what I did and I feel like I got solid results to my start! Anxious to see these guys take off

Yes! I'm waiting to see how much better they do under the t5 for 24 hours a day. I think i might only keep them in there until like Friday though. It kinda also depends on how fast they start to grow considering the smaller containers and more light, so I might have to move them back under the LED.

And so my other seed is born, but I'm not counting day 1 til tomorrow. Here is a family shot where if you look closely, you can see her barley propping out of the soil. I'll post a better pic tomorrow

420-magazine-mobile1373731837.jpg

Down potting isn't always such a bad thing. If the plants are too small you are just using a lot of water so makes sense bru. When do you plan to put them in the bigger pots again?

I'd say probably a week or two depending on how they look. Do you think I should go to 3 then 7 gal pots or straight to 7 gals after this? I don't know if I want to transplant two more times. I would like to only have to do it one more time with them.

I'd say probably a week or two depending on how they look. Do you think I should go to 3 then 7 gal pots or straight to 7 gals after this? I don't know if I want to transplant two more times. I would like to only have to do it one more time with them.

For me I had it in my small pot and just went straight to the final container, you could do it twice but it all depends on you bru. Did you have them in the 7gal pots?

For me I had it in my small pot and just went straight to the final container, you could do it twice but it all depends on you bru. Did you have them in the 7gal pots?

They were in 3 gals before but we're going to be up potted to 7 gal smart pots. So I might just transplant one more time so I don't have to worry about stressing my plants anymore than they will already get.

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

They were in 3 gals before but we're going to be up potted to 7 gal smart pots. So I might just transplant one more time so I don't have to worry about stressing my plants anymore than they will already get.

I doubt doing two transplants would give them any serious stress, just do it right and they will only be droopy for a day or so. Then pop back up right afterwards. :cheer: I heard standing next to them cheering like a crack head for the whole day would also help :goof:

I doubt doing two transplants would give them any serious stress, just do it right and they will only be droopy for a day or so. Then pop back up right afterwards. :cheer: I heard standing next to them cheering like a crack head for the whole day would also help :goof:

Haha I may have to try that one day lol. They'd probably love the CO2 id be breathing on them.. I'll end until must waiting though and contemplate my options. It'll prob be into the 7 gals because that's what my gut tells me but then again maybe they will go into 3 gals. Only time will tell...

So it's been 24 hours since I down potted my two plants, and it's day one for my new seedling that was born over night pretty much. Thought I did see her kind of popping out yesterday, I didn't count day 1 until today. So she will be 1 week 5 days behind my two other girls. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if she caught up to them growth wise just because she's starting her life in a way smaller container and I'm not watering any of these girls til Friday at the earliest. I need them to start searching for water with their roots lol.

Anyways as for my two plants I down potted, they're looking like they love this environment a lot more right now(75 F 80% RH). Mary especially, she is reaching for the light a lot than when they were under the LED. Overall, I am very glad I down potted and never again will I start a seed out in a big container. Ive learned my lesson, and I hope anyone looking at this that is considering starting one has learned from my mistake as well.

Alright well that's about all for now... Here's a family pic of my 3 girls.

420-magazine-mobile700271091.jpg

Technically you didn't make a mistake. Lots of people plant a seed right into its final pot. It just takes longer to get going. Pictures on these forums make you think the plants should be huge by week 3 but really those are ideal grows!

Back
Top Bottom