Coloradokid's First Grow!

Doubt it would be anything bad though :high-five: No negative vibes allowed here

That's what I'm sayin! Stay positive and positive things come. I'm going to just sit back and observe and everything will be alright:)

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

For sure my man. LoL I was thinking now of GTA5 where the dude on the radio is like "Just keep telling yourself every day gets better and maybe you will believe it" :laughtwo: Screw him it is getting better!!

Haha it is always getting better, you just have to look at it the right way.. I've honestly found myself in many different situations, looking back now that they were all blessings in disguise. And I wouldn't be where I am today without all of that shit going down exactly how it did, good or bad.

Colorado is one of the few places I really want to visit. I've heard Colorado and Oregon are very similar in a lot of ways! I would like to be on that property though... Reminds me of where I grew up!

You'll find that every once and a while a rogue leaf may end up with one tip that is burned or a leaf will have a little residue on it. These tings are minor my brotha! :cool: Looks like everything will be A-OK!

How do I fix the sidewaysness? Any tips?
The trick is to turn your phone so the volume buttons are down. Then take the pic. Idk why it's like that, but it works. Lol

Also :welcome: to the forums. There is so much info here AND you have Sweet Sue's plethora of info. You'll do just fine.

If you have a chance, click on my name, then go to my posts I started. My journal of there and there is a ton of info there too. Nobody expects you to read it all, so feel free to ask us questions there too. We don't mind one bit. Hope to see you soon. Have a great day CK!

Colorado is one of the few places I really want to visit. I've heard Colorado and Oregon are very similar in a lot of ways! I would like to be on that property though... Reminds me of where I grew up!

You'll find that every once and a while a rogue leaf may end up with one tip that is burned or a lead will have a little residue on it. These tings are minor my brotha! :cool: Looks like everything will be A-OK!

Thanks for watching out man. Yeah, Colorado is lovely, but I've never been to Oregon so I couldn't really tell ya if they're similar. Oregon is a place I definitely want to make my way to one day. All the pictures I see from anywhere in Oregon are beautiful!

The trick is to turn your phone so the volume buttons are down. Then take the pic. Idk why it's like that, but it works. Lol

Also :welcome: to the forums. There is so much info here AND you have Sweet Sue's plethora of info. You'll do just fine.

If you have a chance, click on my name, then go to my posts I started. My journal of there and there is a ton of info there too. Nobody expects you to read it all, so feel free to ask us questions there too. We don't mind one bit. Hope to see you soon. Have a great day CK!

Thanks Canna, I will definitely go check it out! I am excited to see how all of this turns out and I already know I will have many more journals on here. This community is amazing and I'm definitely lucky I found a place like this with such amazing people.

Haha come to think of it, I'll probably end up reading through a good chunk of your journal just because all I do these days is read read read lol. Just trying to expand my knowledge I guess.

Thanks for watching out man. Yeah, Colorado is lovely, but I've never been to Oregon so I couldn't really tell ya if they're similar. Oregon is a place I definitely want to make my way to one day. All the pictures I see from anywhere in Oregon are beautiful!

Yeah yours is one that I am watching pretty closely. I want to gauge where my plants were at that point and figure out why they might be different! The only few differences I have seen so far is that I'm running a tent twice the size and two lights instead of one. My lights are only 450w so you should have a little bit better light per ft than i do. I also used Roots Organics soil instead of Fox Farms. What brand light is it if you don't mind me asking? Only other difference is strains. Will be fun to see which variables seem to have the best impact. Ok enough nerding out...

I think yours have taken just a bit longer to show true leaves because they are in their final containers to start. Nothing wrong with this at all as you won't have to transplant and risk stressing the plant out early but I have read that starting them in smaller containers first does promote early growth. I also have been running these lights 24/7. Judging by our pictures at Day 8 I think one of these 2 variables might be a factor. This is why I'm really excited to see your journal. You do a good job with pictures and updating! Keep it up!

Yeah yours is one that I am watching pretty closely. I want to gauge where my plants were at that point and figure out why they might be different! The only few differences I have seen so far is that I'm running a tent twice the size and two lights instead of one. My lights are only 450w so you should have a little bit better light per ft than i do. I also used Roots Organics soil instead of Fox Farms. What brand light is it if you don't mind me asking? Only other difference is strains. Will be fun to see which variables seem to have the best impact. Ok enough nerding out...

I think yours have taken just a bit longer to show true leaves because they are in their final containers to start. Nothing wrong with this at all as you won't have to transplant and risk stressing the plant out early but I have read that starting them in smaller containers first does promote early growth. I also have been running these lights 24/7. Judging by our pictures at Day 8 I think one of these 2 variables might be a factor. This is why I'm really excited to see your journal. You do a good job with pictures and updating! Keep it up!

So I'm actually going to move my plants into a 5x5 thats 6.5 feet tall, because i plan to clone and have 6 to 8 plants or so in there give or take. Also I'm running a viper spectre 600w and I'm also getting another 300w mars hydro to go in that tent with it. So 900w for 6 to 8 plants seems fair enough. And for containers, those were going to be the final containers but now those are going into 7 gal smart pots because i will have the space and height. I also have two 5 gal smart pots that ill end up putting 2 clones in once they root and then ill put 2 more in the 3 gal pots I'm using now. Hopefully i got to all of your questions without rambling too much lol. Im still trying to get used to writing on here, i have always been an amazing typer, i just can't write that well. In time though ill get used to it lol

Sounds like we will be very close in our setups then once you have all that going!

Yes we sure will.. I actually was looking at your thread to see how your girls looked around day 8 and 9, and i definitely think the smaller pots were the way to go. I will be sure to use smaller pots at first in the future. And who knows maybe your soil was better for seedlings as well and that could have been a part of it.

I normally start my photo girls in solo cups then on to 1 gal then to either 3 or 5 gal. Same with clones.

Yeah, next time I'm gonna do it that way forsure. Looking at other peoples plants at day 9 they already have their first true set of leaves. But oh well we live and we learn and isn't that what this is all about?

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So guys I've been sitting on this idea for a few days now, and I decided if I'm thinking about another seed then should just go ahead and germinate one. So here she is number 3.
420-magazine-mobile430478987.jpg

This time I will start her out in a way smaller container and compare how fast she grows compared to the two I planted in 3 gal containers right away.

One more thing, I'm starting this seed in a 1 QT container and she will go under a t5 in a humidity dome with 24 hour light for her first 3 days or so
420-magazine-mobile973597308.jpg

Back
Top Bottom