Critical 47

JiggiLotus

First off-
Im big on growing roses of all kinds! I'm a native Texan, so I grew up growing dirt and cactus, we couldn't splurge our water on plants. So I didn't ever get to garden or plant anything ever. An when I did the heat usually killed the sh¡t outta it fast.
2019 was traumatic for me, I can't really discuss it without getting emotional. Let's just narrow it down to losing my family to death, death and more death.
So as soon as the COVID gates were lifted, I moved to Illinois to have a new beginning. Where I found my green thumb and my absolute love for growing stuff and things!!

💎Life is a gift in any form, cherish it.💎

I hadn't thought about growing my own til this winter, everything is frozen and dormant and sucks. In the gloom I decided to try my hand at this, plus I don't know anyone in this state to buy from. An the despinsary bud is overpriced and lacks. It just doesn't do it for me.

So Lady's and Gentlemen!
Allow me to introduce my grow diary.

Critical 47, planted 12/20/2023
Wild Thai, planted 1/24/2024

New420Guy Seeds
20240129_144309.jpg

Wild Thai (auto fem)

20240129_144237.jpg

Critical 47 (auto fem)

I've got 2 different lights in my set up. One is all blue/purple looking, and then there's the wider one with all the white, blue an reds. However, I cannot help but notice that my girls tend to lean towards the blue/purple light. As well as the sides of the plant that are closest to that light tend to grow faster, lusher and all that apply. I've been experimenting with the placement of the bulbs and how the plants react to the change. They're silent movements speak volumes, It's quite noticable. I been thinking maybe I should discontinue using the white/blue/red and get another blue/purple.?. I just can't help but see how one side is doing it's thang the other isn't as doing as much.

I've got 2 different lights in my set up. One is all blue/purple looking, and then there's the wider one with all the white, blue an reds. However, I cannot help but notice that my girls tend to lean towards the blue/purple light. As well as the sides of the plant that are closest to that light tend to grow faster, lusher and all that apply. I've been experimenting with the placement of the bulbs and how the plants react to the change. They're silent movements speak volumes, It's quite noticable. I been thinking maybe I should discontinue using the white/blue/red and get another blue/purple.?. I just can't help but see how one side is doing it's thang the other isn't as doing as much.
Pics of the fixtures, names or brands would help. Typically those "blurple" lights are outdated, but they do work okay. The other light is probably just a bunk spectrum. Not very usable to the plant. How big is your area and how much CV an you afford? That's the real question to get a good quality light. You'll notice a hell of a difference.

First off-
Im big on growing roses of all kinds! I'm a native Texan, so I grew up growing dirt and cactus, we couldn't splurge our water on plants. So I didn't ever get to garden or plant anything ever. An when I did the heat usually killed the sh¡t outta it fast.
2019 was traumatic for me, I can't really discuss it without getting emotional. Let's just narrow it down to losing my family to death, death and more death.
So as soon as the COVID gates were lifted, I moved to Illinois to have a new beginning. Where I found my green thumb and my absolute love for growing stuff and things!!

💎Life is a gift in any form, cherish it.💎

I hadn't thought about growing my own til this winter, everything is frozen and dormant and sucks. In the gloom I decided to try my hand at this, plus I don't know anyone in this state to buy from. An the despinsary bud is overpriced and lacks. It just doesn't do it for me.

So Lady's and Gentlemen!
Allow me to introduce my grow diary.

Critical 47, planted 12/20/2023
Wild Thai, planted 1/24/2024

New420Guy Seeds
20240129_144309.jpg

Wild Thai (auto fem)

20240129_144237.jpg

Critical 47 (auto fem)
They look great.

I hope you do not mind me tagging along on your grow. I am taking a liking to your box. I think I could get my wife to go along with something like that and it would give me a good start before I move them outdoors. I am an outdoors grower, and my wife is set against me going indoors.

I hope you do not mind me tagging along on your grow. I am taking a liking to your box. I think I could get my wife to go along with something like that and it would give me a good start before I move them outdoors. I am an outdoors grower, and my wife is set against me going indoors.
Please do ☺️.
I wasn't able to finish looking at your grow from Sept. Did you lose that plant to the mold and cold? I hope you were able to save her.

Please do ☺️.
I wasn't able to finish looking at your grow from Sept. Did you lose that plant to the mold and cold? I hope you were able to save her.
I was able to save some but pretty much a loss. It was too rainy in my neck of the woods and mold got me bad, but April is almost here.

Nice little setup. if you can even cover the rest of the cardboard, you'll be doing a lot of preventive maintenance. it is fine that way if it gets air exchange well. Does it stay open? Good Luck and Safe Going! You got it going on ! Just my opinions, as I hope to help anyone I can.

I have to find me a box that size for my seedlings and once they get to the right size outside, they go. I have a good light.

Nice little setup. if you can even cover the rest of the cardboard, you'll be doing a lot of preventive maintenance. it is fine that way if it gets air exchange well. Does it stay open? Good Luck and Safe Going! You got it going on ! Just my opinions, as I hope to help anyone I can.
The top of the box is cut out so when I put the back cover back on its covered other than the top missing section. So there's cover and air flow. Plus I like to blow on her softly 😘 here in there to exchange any stale CO2 (carbon monoxide) that may be hanging around.

You can get much more outta that bulb by popping off the plastic cover. Even standard LED bulbs from the home will grow plants. I've always just popped that cover off to expose the chips. That other light is a light. Lol. Not trying to dog on your setup at all. We all start somewhere. If they like that bulb, pop that plastic off, and lower it a few inches. In the mean time, depending on how much cash you can spare, I would look into getting a better fixture. There's some sponsors here in the sight, but I've never used any of them, so I can't say, but mars has good budget lights, hlg is a bit more spendy, but a dyi can save some cash on those. If money isn't an issue, I'd go with an hlg. I have an 135, and it's good for 2x2 for veg and flower. Should rock that box out pretty good. Other wise, there are other options as well. If nothing else, those will work, you just might be a bit underwhelmed with the final results.

I have to find me a box that size for my seedlings and once they get to the right size outside, they go. I have a good light.
Check your local body shop. We always have boxes....any size you want. Lol my first grow was sound proofed by a Mercedes hood box. Damn right I put the symbol facing out! Low key sponsored by amg and shit. Lol

Check your local body shop. We always have boxes....any size you want. Lol my first grow was sound proofed by a Mercedes hood box. Damn right I put the symbol facing out! Low key sponsored by amg and shit. Lol
Good to know mate. Thanks

Thank you I was just saying I need a really big box in my journal and now I know right where to go.

Back
Top Bottom