Dennise - No Longer The Newest Of Newbies - Not Growing In MG - Perpetual

Re: Dennise, Newest of Newbies growing in MG in the closet with LED bulbs and CFL's

Hi everybody!! Finally got everything done in my box and got the new babies in dirt. Added a few lights in the closet. I put a couple of 6500k 1640 lumen 23 watt cfl's in there just because I can. :yahoo: I only have 1 LED bulb (6000k 1400 lumen) in the box and wasn't going to put in there yet but I am going to put the plant that I did not replant yesterday in the box too. I will replant it tomorrow but it is still working it's way back so it will fit into the box nicely. I really hope she ends up being a she cause she has worked so hard to survive and actually if you notice her top I think she will have 2 colas on top instead of the natural one. I'm posting a few pics of the box and a few of the closet. Let me know if you see anything I need to tend to please........... The ones that were put in soil today were all supposed to be female seed so we shall see. Man it's howdy dobey time :tokin: Oh d@#% I forgot to upload the pics. Be back in a minute....:headbanger:

Re: Dennise, Newest of Newbies growing in MG in the closet with LED bulbs and CFL's

Let's try this again...........
DSC016506.JPG
DSC016517.JPG
DSC016527.JPG
DSC016539.JPG
DSC016546.JPG
DSC016557.JPG
DSC016563.JPG
DSC016573.JPG
DSC016583.JPG
DSC016596.JPG
DSC016603.JPG
DSC016613.JPG
DSC016621.JPG
DSC016632.JPG
DSC016646.JPG
DSC016654.JPG

I worked my butt off making and finishing that box today and I used all stuff I had laying around. Even the wood to make the box.... Not bad for a girl huh!!!!!!! :yahoo: Let me know what you think?????????? :peace:

My goodness, this is starting to sound like home. I said the same thing on my thread when I completed the home made CFL lighting. LOL
You're right, not bad for a girl! Nice job, it's great to see another DIY gal around. :high-five:
Rock and Roll newest of newbies!:)

Well Jimmy6000 can only say you were DEAD on. I thought there was enough gap in the top that it would be OK until I could get the fan in there today. As you will see I was wrong. I had put the stunted plant that had been fighting since birth and I think she has now lost the battle. I have put her back in the closet and yes it does have an attic fan running on the top of it. You just can't see it because the closet is very tall and I did not put the silver stuff up as high as it goes and it is dark. Any how I also keep the door open with a heater fan for 18 hours a day. It's radiant heat with a nice fan and it seems to make them smile. As for the morning nightmare with my box my biggest concern is that the babies I put to dirt yesterday and put in the box have been fried. Is there anything I can to do maybe help them????:yikes: They have not busted through yet of course but now I am afraid they won't. Is there anything I can do????? Feeling like a murderer here. Going to try and safe my fighter anyhow. May not and doesn't look good but I'm gonna try. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated or do I just need to play taps???????????? My friggin aloe vera even died last night!!!!!!!! :oops:What happened???? Help!!!!!!!!!! :help:

Oh no totally my bad :oops: Obviously I put the hurt plant back in the closet but you think it is possible that it will revive?? And you think my seedlings will still make it? Is there anything I can do to help them. I think the 5 that have been in the closet look beautiful. Any suggestions there??? :sorry: Freaking here!!!! Feel so bad for hurting them :circle-of-love:

Hi Dennise, thanks for the PM
I think you will be okay, as jimmy6000 said too. The only one that looks really rough is the first pic.
Important for you right now to get them in a stable proper temp with air circulation and cooling. ;-)
I use very small desk fans, cheapy from walmart and point them toward the lights a bit to cool down the hot air from the bulbs.
Your babies will be fine, and so will you. :high-five:
Take some pics of how you have rigged up some circulation there so someone can check them out and make sure it's going to help ya.
Take a deep breath.... and smile!. :thumb:

Thanks guys. I think for now I am just going to use the box for a incubator and just leave the one LED on which keeps it warm enough but does not put out the heat like the cfl's do. The 5 that look good never left the closet which does have the attic fan up above it which I had to put a regulator on to slow the fan down so it wouldn't be toooo strong. Makes the humidity a little higher but manageable. i just tried to install the fan in the box and broke the d@#* lid so I think I am going to fix the top and go do as you said and just get a little fan from Walmart. This is Sat. I can't go to Walmart!! :headbanger: Well I am just going to have the brand new babies in there and will keep a close eye on them and the temps and will find a way to keep airflow thru there. Jezzzz...... Send good karma please :peace:

Back
Top Bottom