Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I am looking forward to the Columbian Gold. That plant indoors would be amazing. Are you going to change or alter the kit directions for such a long flowering strain? I guess its not much longer than the Champagne.

I mean are you still going to recharge at week 2? and Cationic drench at week 3 and 4? Or will you bump that back a little?

Amazing as always Doc...

The champagne doesn't grow nearly as tall as the CG. I topped in veg, then bent the four main colas over and tied them down. I think I'm going to keep it under 4 feet tall. I'm going to hit it with the Cations when I see pistil formation ramp up....so far week 3 and I'm just starting to see them. I've sprayed once with Bloomit.

We shall see! This plant overruns the greenhouse.

Hey Doc, looking great! glad I stopped back in :)

thanks! I'm glad you stopped in too! I'll have some nice pics tonite.

The ones in full bloom are Herijuana. These have recovered nicely from the "force feeding" experiment and have brix reading solidly in the 14 range.

There are some clones: half strength Stress misted daily has produced roots on true OG Kush in 10 days! That's record for me. All clones now grow a set or two of leaves while rooting, since starting with the stress at 1/2 strength.

Also Colombian Gold, Adolescent Female Paramilitary Organization Cookie, Tahoe OG, and a Lemon Paki.
Picture_002204.jpg
Picture_003207.jpg
Picture_004200.jpg
Picture_005189.jpg
Picture_006176.jpg
Picture_007158.jpg
Picture_008145.jpg
Picture_009141.jpg
Picture_010141.jpg
Picture_011126.jpg
Picture_012128.jpg
Picture_013120.jpg
Picture_014118.jpg
Picture_015103.jpg

Picture_001207.jpg

I don't even know how to say how dank your plants always are Doc. Do you have any thoughts on the cookies and tahoe yet?

Tahoe OG is typical....grows very much like SFV OG. Nearly the same thing. GSC is also in the zone of high brix. They'll start to put on a show in a week or two.

The good news is I've got a clone army of each plant waiting in the wings. I'm going to need to cull some C99 and vegging plants....no room.

The C99 was my next question. I'm looking forward to both of those strains show.

C99 is a bit boring. It's not a good strain for 12/12, and that's how it's being grown. We are seeing pistils right now, and the plants are so/so as far as health. So in a couple weeks I'll show some bud shots.

Until then, the only plants still alive in bloom are this lackluster Herijuana. There are some trichomes, buds are kinda there now. 5 weeks to go on the Heri. Huge yield this time.

Picture_03738.jpg
Picture_03649.jpg
Picture_03545.jpg
Picture_03449.jpg
Picture_03359.jpg
Picture_03257.jpg
Picture_03158.jpg
Picture_03059.jpg
Picture_02955.jpg
Picture_02759.jpg
Picture_02663.jpg
Picture_02573.jpg
Picture_02368.jpg
Picture_02268.jpg
Picture_02084.jpg
Picture_01986.jpg
Picture_01888.jpg
Picture_01780.jpg
Picture_01680.jpg
Picture_015104.jpg
Picture_014119.jpg
Picture_013121.jpg
Picture_012129.jpg
Picture_011127.jpg
Picture_010142.jpg
Picture_009142.jpg
Picture_008146.jpg
Picture_007159.jpg
Picture_006177.jpg
Picture_005190.jpg
Picture_003208.jpg
Picture_002205.jpg
Picture_001208.jpg
Picture_015103.jpg
Picture_014118.jpg

Looking amazingly healthy like always Doc!!! Love seeing the updates of your finely grown garden goodness!!! Gives me inspiration to get my plants looking that good :)

Doc- it seems you prefer doing seeds 12/12, why is that and what determines if its a good strain for 12/12 from seed? I'm gonna pop a pack, trying to decide which tent they gonna go in. Never done a 12/12 from seed grow, lots of people seem to like it, I'd love to know more! Thanks!

Seeds grown with 12 hours of darkness tend to grow single colas. They are easy to manage in an indoor garden, save money on veg time, etc.

Many Sativa's need never be vegged.

Then there are strains that really should be vegged in order to get a decent yield.

Generally speaking the faster a strain grows, the more it will benefit from veg time.

Hey doc, I just had a question. Having hi-brix is all about the right ratio and type of nutrients in the soil, is there any possible way to do hi brix in a hydroponic setup? It would just be cool to see and that's all I have right now in my room is a hydro setup until I can get some cash to try out your kit.

Hey doc, I just had a question. Having hi-brix is all about the right ratio and type of nutrients in the soil, is there any possible way to do hi brix in a hydroponic setup? It would just be cool to see and that's all I have right now in my room is a hydro setup until I can get some cash to try out your kit.

High brix is about the soil activity not just right ratios, the ratios help keep the microbial life going to feed the plant. As of now hydro can't do it because of the microbial life.

Hope that's right Doc, otherwise I need to get back to your posts.

My kit only works in Promix HP myco right now. It's not something that would work in hydro. Do you have a journal?

Nah I can't really do a journal for it my partners won't approve. I run a 60 site Titan ebb and grow vegged under 10k about to flower under 18k. Got a few pics but idk it freaks me out putting too much on here or starting a journal that would attract a lot of attention.

Nah I can't really do a journal for it my partners won't approve. I run a 60 site Titan ebb and grow vegged under 10k about to flower under 18k. Got a few pics but idk it freaks me out putting too much on here or starting a journal that would attract a lot of attention.

No prob. I just like seeing well run hydro set ups. The buds can be so dense and huge.

At this point in time, I don't personally know of any high brix/hydroponic action out there. It sure would be interesting, however. I'm following a different path from hydro at present, but I'm sure there will be some hydroponics in my future at some point. Not for a while, tho. I'm growing some decent weed right now, and see some clear ways to making it even better, and my goal is to grow the best weed.......not the most.

In a fantasy world, where weed was as legal as wine, I'd farm about 10 acres, mostly in greenhouses, but some outdoor and some indoor too.

I'd want to be able to handle the farming with 2 or 3 helpers and farm labor on demand when needed.....just like with grapes. I guess I'm just stuck on the whole organic/flavored by the earth/soil vibe right now.

Yeah I feel you, I grow mostly for profit and where I'm at people don't really demand quality as much. I deft wanna get into the hi brix gardening for personals but hydro I can acquire the highest profit margins. I'm gonna do a 72 plant outdoor grow in a couple greenhouses next year. I'm up in Michigan so it's all legal.

Yeah I feel you, I grow mostly for profit and where I'm at people don't really demand quality as much. I deft wanna get into the hi brix gardening for personals but hydro I can acquire the highest profit margins. I'm gonna do a 72 plant outdoor grow in a couple greenhouses next year. I'm up in Michigan so it's all legal.

It must be nice being away from the city. We try to stay around 58 plants to keep any fed shit away. HB is my headstash :)

Back
Top Bottom