Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

All this love for fem seeds, gosh wouldn't be my style if I didn't pop my head in here and say fuck those things!

When using fem seeds you won't find nearly as many phenotypes. I'm not into the incomplete DNA package. Say you have a single pack of seeds of a rare strain and you don't find the girl you were looking for. If the seeds are fem, you've just bust and your search is over. But if they are reg, and you find a nice boy, pollinating the best female you have will give lots more chances to try to find the plant you were looking for.

Idk, no big deal to me to cull a few boys. Just plant a more seeds!

As well as the fact that fem seeds will have a significantly higher chance of throwing pollen sacks.

Not saying I don't have fem beans, or I won't grow them (ok, they are at the very end of the list of beans to pop), I'm just saying I don't think they are as good, with the exception of a few certain strains.

All this love for fem seeds, gosh wouldn't be my style if I didn't pop my head in here and say fuck those things!

When using fem seeds you won't find nearly as many phenotypes. I'm not into the incomplete DNA package. Say you have a single pack of seeds of a rare strain and you don't find the girl you were looking for. If the seeds are fem, you've just bust and your search is over. But if they are reg, and you find a nice boy, pollinating the best female you have will give lots more chances to try to find the plant you were looking for.

Idk, no big deal to me to cull a few boys. Just plant a more seeds!

As well as the fact that fem seeds will have a significantly higher chance of throwing pollen sacks.

Not saying I don't have fem beans, or I won't grow them (ok, they are at the very end of the list of beans to pop), I'm just saying I don't think they are as good, with the exception of a few certain strains.

That's some great info.

my .02

first grow was 5 regs; 3 males, 1 herm, 1 female

3rd grow 5 reg Querkle, all males.

20 grows of 4 fem seeds; not a hermie.

as for phenos. of 5 Barneys Vanilla kush; 3 no sprouts, 1 fatest Indica I've grown so far. the next one was the skinniest indica so far, actually looked like sativa with the thin leaves and thin buds. not even any sativa in the plant. go figure

Hey Doc, can you tell me what the deal is with this leaf? The plant is 3 weeks old and has only gotten 1 transplant the feed and 1 watering
20141214_104643.jpg
20141214_104633.jpg

It looks like it's going to be fine. What kind of lights are you using? I've seen this kind of thing when plants go from CFL's to brighter types of lighting. It could be they just needed to get hooked up. New growth looks excellent so you've got nothing to worry about.

Hi Doc and others...I could use some quick input.

I started a bale cooking last Feb with amendments and conditioner...put it in a huge covered tub and forgot about it in the shed.

So obviously, its been warmed, now cooled, and dried out as well.

What would you suggest to get it back up to speed for planting?

Thanks in advance,

CC

That's good news! I was very worried when that developed over 2 days. By the way, I am using a brand new P300 that we had made with a double set of veg spectrum leds. It could be that having both switches on at the same time so suddenly caused that plant Alot of stress. In fact I'm almost certain. I was stepping up from a MarsII 400w unit. I'm going to turn off half the leds. Went roo hard too fast! This is a first for me is all regards.

All my other plants are wonderful by the way, the light is performing great, and my plants love the high brix soil!

I started a bale cooking last Feb with amendments and conditioner...put it in a huge covered tub and forgot about it in the shed.

Thanks in advance,

CC

If it was me id dump it out on a tarp, give it a half cup of ROOTs maybe 15lbs of ewc and a few gallons of transplant water and let it get to around room temp and have at it :)
Thats just me tho! Maybe wait for Doc to chime in cuz ive not heard of this happening with kit users before :)

Doc, 2 questions

I noticed what I thought might have been some sort of fuzz or mold on the out side of my fabric bags.
Upon closer examination with a loupe, I am leaning more towards some salt residue. It appears more like it is almost painted on or embedded in the fabric.

Question is if it is salts, is this normal in a supersoil (3rd run used) to leach out some salts, or could it be from the water?

you mentioned in a post about seeds not to use any sort of domes when sowing seeds.
I noticed I have a better success rate when I place a clear plastic cup over the seed till it cracks out of the dirt.

Why don't you like the dome type method?

If you don't mind a third question;
I am starting 4 clones in rockwool cubes for a hydro grower friend.
Is it ok to spray them with some destress?

1, The salts are normal for soil soil like that. Yes.

2, You don't want all that humidity when you start seeds....leads to damping off, males, etc. If you find yours do better with the dome, I'd look to your environment, especially night temps.

3, I don't think you'll harm them with a couple sprays.

Thanks in advance,

CC

Wet it down, turn it over, keep it warm for about a week. It should be just fine.

That's good news! I was very worried when that developed over 2 days. By the way, I am using a brand new P300 that we had made with a double set of veg spectrum leds. It could be that having both switches on at the same time so suddenly caused that plant Alot of stress. In fact I'm almost certain. I was stepping up from a MarsII 400w unit. I'm going to turn off half the leds. Went roo hard too fast! This is a first for me is all regards.

All my other plants are wonderful by the way, the light is performing great, and my plants love the high brix soil!

I also had some twisted leaves the first few days under the P1200's.....they'll get used to it.

Hey Doc,

I have a few questions about the recharge. How much should I put in each of my two 7 gal pots? Also should I put in on 3 weeks from 11/13 or 3 weeks from bud set? Thanks.

Hey Doc,

I have a few questions about the recharge. How much should I put in each of my two 7 gal pots? Also should I put in on 3 weeks from 11/13 or 3 weeks from bud set? Thanks.

The kit has enough recharge for the entire bale of promix.....so you're using about 1/4 to 1/3 of the bale with just two plants.....so mix up the recharge (it settles) and take roughly 1/3 of it and divide that between the two plants.

I have to say, Doc, your growing technique is so consistent; it really stands out grow after grow no matter what seeds you are using. Besides the kick ass kit, soil and superb LED lighting, all your plants look the same......perfect specimens. They are standing at attention....so shaped and bushy....loaded with buds and flowers from top to bottom and seemingly needing no support whatsoever.

How do you accomplish that Doc? Do you FIM, flux, top, LST or what? Curious minds want to know. I just think you grow the most attractive plants, for sure. So symmetrically pleasing and the picture of health representing the best of cannabis genetics. You rock.

I use my kit.

Because my kit includes minerals, microbes and magic.....plants needs very little in the way of stakes or trellises. The high calcium content in the soil makes stems strong like fiberglass. These Grape Ape's and Purple Cadi's do not need any staking up.....Champagne and Lemon Paki might need a bit of help towards the second half of bloom, but that's about it.

I top in veg to get 3 or more main colas.....no LST, Flux, FIM or anything fancy like that.

All my practices are documented on "In the Lab with Doc Bud." The "how to use the kit" link takes you to that journal.

If you want to do this.....get a kit! (or pay for you own soil test, amendment and products.....all of which can be gotten from me at the same or better price than anywhere else.)

Doc,

I have read all of your journals, am using your kit, and growing my first grow under 3 Platinum P600 LED's, so I'm on the right track. I have been a copious student and have just now taken the plunge for myself. I just want to fine tune and get better. You are an inspiration, truely.

:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom