Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

I used a 1qt spray bottle.

Used half the first day, then added water to that and sprayed day 2 and 3.

All gone today. We have had a very very rainy June. We were a few inches over average as of a few days ago, with a few more to go, and it's STILL raining.

I hear you. Raining now. Rain forecast for later. Feeling quite moist here. :straightface:

Thanks Doc. I cant use a dunk cuz im I'm outta rain water so its back to well. It's kinda high in ppms but its working well so ill leave it alone.
From my understanding, they like moist humid conditions. I guess ill wait til it gets real dry out here and see how they persist. Ive never had bugs except for actual spiders so it had me freaked out a bit. Oh, I took my soil bin out and gave it a good mix on the tarp so we'll see if that helps :)

I think it was Pakalolo (tavovso) who thought he was infested with mites a while back...turns out they were beneficial insects. You might not a problem at all.

Guys I didn't want to suffer the shame of a whole thread about my mistakes so I'm putting up a few pics here to get some quick advice and let it soon be forgotten.

Standing up : Hello my name is Luweed VonDankenhookah and i am a sloppy gardener.

These ladies were clones growing under cfl 16/8 back in May. I moved them outside when the days were like 13.5 hours ~6 weeks ago. They started flowering.I figured eventually they would get over it since the days are lengthening. Well they sort of got over it. They went to single bladed leaves, then three blades now they are throwing a few 5 bladed leaves. However they still have flowers in varying levels of development. They are as robust as all get out growing in 2x used HB soil that aged 1 year. Any ideas? Should i let em go, hard prune, trash?

hot_mess_4.jpg
hot_mess_3.jpg
hot_mess_2.jpg
hot_mess_1.jpg
hot_mess.jpg

@DOCBUD, "I'm not at all interested in which boards, how many watts, and all that. I'm not saying that info isn't important, but I look at these things from a practical point of view: Can they grow plants that I'm proud of? Yes? Then I like 'em! No? Well, I'll put my HPS back in duty then."

Completely disagree with you bro. Just as calcium and potassium, soil biota, foliars are the science that makes your kit work great so does efficiency, spectrum, and quality components make for great lights that grow excellent plants. I think its analogus to all the zany, advanced, magical bloomtastic bottled ferts. The re-branded imports mentioned here, though highly promoted and attested to, are in no way the latest tech, the best value or anywhere near the most powerful. That's science not opinion.

I'm happy to discuss defend my statement over in "The basics of Plant Lighting". But guys please give your thoughts on my confused ladies first.

Thanks Doc. I cant use a dunk cuz im I'm outta rain water so its back to well. It's kinda high in ppms but its working well so ill leave it alone.
From my understanding, they like moist humid conditions. I guess ill wait til it gets real dry out here and see how they persist. Ive never had bugs except for actual spiders so it had me freaked out a bit. Oh, I took my soil bin out and gave it a good mix on the tarp so we'll see if that helps :)
Crumble up some dunks and sprinkle them onto the surface of your soil before you water sometime. I'll bet that does it.
:Namaste:

Hey Luweed -

In the emerald triangle, when a noob makes an amateur mistake like that, he has to eat the plants. What they're good for unless you have unlimited space/resources and like slow producers. Bon Appetite.:yummy:

ps. No girls outside before summer equinox (June 21 this year....noobweed).:rofl:

If you've got the room and the plant count, let them go. It's like re-veging a chopped plant. They look far enough along now, and healthy, so I'd keep 'em.

Lester Freeman (Relaxed Lester) knows all about these outdoor photoperiod issues. He'll give you the best answer. :thumb:

Guys I didn't want to suffer the shame of a whole thread about my mistakes so I'm putting up a few pics here to get some quick advice and let it soon be forgotten.

Standing up : Hello my name is Luweed VonDankenhookah and i am a sloppy gardener.

These ladies were clones growing under cfl 16/8 back in May. I moved them outside when the days were like 13.5 hours ~6 weeks ago. They started flowering.I figured eventually they would get over it since the days are lengthening. Well they sort of got over it. They went to single bladed leaves, then three blades now they are throwing a few 5 bladed leaves. However they still have flowers in varying levels of development. They are as robust as all get out growing in 2x used HB soil that aged 1 year. Any ideas? Should i let em go, hard prune, trash?

hot_mess_4.jpg
hot_mess_3.jpg
hot_mess_2.jpg
hot_mess_1.jpg
hot_mess.jpg

@DOCBUD, "I'm not at all interested in which boards, how many watts, and all that. I'm not saying that info isn't important, but I look at these things from a practical point of view: Can they grow plants that I'm proud of? Yes? Then I like 'em! No? Well, I'll put my HPS back in duty then."

Completely disagree with you bro. Just as calcium and potassium, soil biota, foliars are the science that makes your kit work great so does efficiency, spectrum, and quality components make for great lights that grow excellent plants. I think its analogus to all the zany, advanced, magical bloomtastic bottled ferts. The re-branded imports mentioned here, though highly promoted and attested to, are in no way the latest tech, the best value or anywhere near the most powerful. That's science not opinion.

I'm happy to discuss defend my statement over in "The basics of Plant Lighting". But guys please give your thoughts on my confused ladies first.

Photoperiod stress. It'snot gonna get better. You could try pruning 'em back.

RE LED tech: I fully agree with you, but just like a lot of gardeners don't want to become soil scientists and prefer to use a product designed by a pro, I feel the same way about LED.

Notice I only test the really good ones.....All that info IS important, just not as important to me as the final result.

Hey fellow hb crew.......Had a learning lesson and wanted to share it with the community.

It all started with a plant that didn't get up potted to a big enough pot for bloom so I tried to up pot again half way through bloom, and as it was mid bloom I didn't want to score the roots and cause any more stress........well here is proof that it ought to be done, once again she was in her final home for 5 weeks.........
IMG_20150626_204820249.jpg

Once again guys and gals plan big for big enough pot and SCORE YOUR ROOTS!!!!!!

Hey fellow hb crew.......Had a learning lesson and wanted to share it with the community.

It all started with a plant that didn't get up potted to a big enough pot for bloom so I tried to up pot again half way through bloom, and as it was mid bloom I didn't want to score the roots and cause any more stress........well here is proof that it ought to be done, once again she was in her final home for 5 weeks.........
IMG_20150626_204820249.jpg

Once again guys and gals plan big for big enough pot and SCORE YOUR ROOTS!!!!!!

Damn baby thats some roots. I had a problem like that a few months ago. Zig suggested cutting the bottom out of the pot. I did that and then i placed it inside of a lager grow bag with same HB soil in tbe bottom, about 2-3 inches. Itworked to a pretty good degree. i used roots and disturbed the bottom rootsa little bit.

Damn baby thats some roots. I had a problem like that a few months ago. Zig suggested cutting the bottom out of the pot. I did that and then i placed it inside of a lager grow bag with same HB soil in tbe bottom, about 2-3 inches. Itworked to a pretty good degree. i used roots and disturbed the bottom rootsa little bit.

Von, you can score them if they're not blooming. :)

Back
Top Bottom