Dr Bob Says Alakazam While Eating Delicious Caramelo in the Northern Lights

Re: Dr Bob says "Alakazam" while eating Delicious Caramelo in the Northern Lights.

It is an honor to have you along. Would you like a brownie?

I just noticed you have another journal I have not subbed in your sig, the Re-Up. Time to go get in there! Any feedback welcome on this end for sure.

:Namaste:

I'd love a brownie Doc,but I got a date with some Hydrofarm trimmer's and 6 girl's in flower that need to shed a few layer's.lol
It look's like you everything under control,but I'll be around to watch you operate.lol

Re: Dr Bob says "Alakazam" while eating Delicious Caramelo in the Northern Lights.

Doc you can come by my journal as well to you know

How's about some pictures and a note about what is holding up the tent right now. A Mandala Fruitilicious and a Delicious LA Woman as seen above are both really close to finishing. Going to try some labeling here. Group shot of the ladies...
Labeled.jpg

Fruitilicious Tops
SANY01662.JPG

Some close ups from a few days back.
SANY01331.JPG

Fruitilicious.JPG

I have had some heat issues here at the end of this grow and really noticed something about the heat. It seems to just stop my plants from growing rather than always showing specific signs of stress. I have had a few over the last year where heat was a problem and I see from my notes that they always went longer than expected. These two are now at 70 days and have a bit to go. They should have been a bit further along. Switched tents halfway in this grow so never got temp things worked out in time but this next run should be great!

:Namaste:

Looks pretty good to me. Plants perspire a lot more in the heat. The leaves will lose their moisture and the soil and plant will play tug of war for that water as it gets more scare it is call osmotic pressure (I dont know if the spelling is correct sorry) This is where if the soil is wetter then the plant the plant will take the water and nutrients from the soil but if it is the other way around then the soil will leach nutrients and water back out of your plant trying to create a balance. To help with this action you can use a drop of dish soap in your water.

Never heard of the dish soap idea. Interesting. My balance is definitely the other way though, low RH, my plants take up water and nutes really fast. So fast that I went beyond what I would normally have ever fed my plants and of course burned them on the very last feeding. So now all my leaf tips are a bit brown as I flush em out.

I can see where in places I have lived the balance could be opposite with high temps and RH. How does the soap help?

Very nice stat Dr. Bob! I'm in for the ride gonna be fun. I finished my last run with a MarsII 1200w and was pretty happy with the results. I have new seedlings under t5 for the first 15 days or so, then They will get the LED treatment! Good luck with your LED's:)

Very nice stat Dr. Bob! I'm in for the ride gonna be fun. I finished my last run with a MarsII 1200w and was pretty happy with the results. I have new seedlings under t5 for the first 15 days or so, then They will get the LED treatment! Good luck with your LED's:)

Welcome to the jungle! I hope it will be fun in here, at least if I mess it up everyone will see what NOT to do with LEDs, first time scrogs etc. I was so torn between what I did with the 3 panels and getting the Mars light. I take it you are liking it?

I love the theme of your grow and bean this time. Sound like cool strains. I just went over and subbed to your current journal as well.

:welcome:

Welcome to the jungle! I hope it will be fun in here, at least if I mess it up everyone will see what NOT to do with LEDs, first time scrogs etc. I was so torn between what I did with the 3 panels and getting the Mars light. I take it you are liking it?

I love the theme of your grow and bean this time. Sound like cool strains. I just went over and subbed to your current journal as well.

:welcome:

Well, I am pretty impressed with the light so far. My third auto got the lions share of the LED as the other two autos finished about two and a half weeks before her, and her buds came out much more dense than the first two. I am excited to see what it will do when the entire flower period + gets the LED. I am hoping to pick up a second unit around the time I flip the photo. Also, when I first set the light up, it was so much brighter than anything I've ever seen in an apartment I had the thought "I hope it's not too bright" :rofl:

I can relate to feeling if it is to bright in a apartment. I feel the same with my led and hps. Sometimes it makes the mrs randomly have time of paranoia.

Well, I am pretty impressed with the light so far. My third auto got the lions share of the LED as the other two autos finished about two and a half weeks before her, and her buds came out much more dense than the first two. I am excited to see what it will do when the entire flower period + gets the LED. I am hoping to pick up a second unit around the time I flip the photo. Also, when I first set the light up, it was so much brighter than anything I've ever seen in an apartment I had the thought "I hope it's not too bright" :rofl:

Fantastic. I can't wait for mine to arrive. This group should end up getting nothing but the LEDs for the whole period after flip and at least a couple weeks of the veg cycle. Should be cool to really see how bright it is. Of course, you are packing some serious light with that 1200w!

Fantastic. I can't wait for mine to arrive. This group should end up getting nothing but the LEDs for the whole period after flip and at least a couple weeks of the veg cycle. Should be cool to really see how bright it is. Of course, you are packing some serious light with that 1200w!

Yeah, it's a doozy alright! I cant wait to see what she can really do :)

Yeah, it's a doozy alright! I cant wait to see what she can really do :)

I bet it will be worth the effort that is for sure! I see purple tinted colas in everyone's futures around here it seems. :peace:

I like pretty pink lights.....:circle-of-love:

& I like Lady Dee...

To top, or not to top, that is the question—
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to cut
The leaves and colas of outrageous height,
Or to take light stress against a Sea of branches...

Which brings me to today's question for my fantastic friends here on 420. I have a bit of a conundrum with my current journal and grow. I need this to be done (dried, somewhat cured) by July 3rd. For the first time I have an MMJ friend coming and I want him to have some nice things to choose from while here. So, that puts me at this rather tight timeline.

All three varieties are supposed to finish from 50-70 days. The NLB is the shortest with a 50-55 time and the Caramelo is up to 70. So, yes I could have lined my variaties up better for the grow timing wise but what is done is done. The Alaskazam is supposed to be right at 60. So, guessing a time of about 70 days for all, and a veg time that started on March 1, what should I do next? It is important to note that quantity is not very important in this run compared to quality. But, I would like to get all the tops at least close to the same height.

How's about some pics to show where we are as of minutes ago. This is less than 4 days from the pics above of the transplants.
Here is Caramelo on top and the side shot too.
caramelo3-14top.JPG

caramelo3-14side.JPG

Then we have Alakazam!
alakazam3-14top.JPG

And Finally my Northern Lights Blue
NLB3-14top.JPG

NLB3-14side.JPG

So what would you do? I may not have the time to pull off a full scrog, but maybe tomato cages instead ala Vic? That is a very cool solution. Any thoughts? My current plan is to top right now (today) the 5th set and then let them go a bit and top again in a week or so, the main branches.

Let me know what you all think. Again, I am not trying to pull pounds off each of these, but I do have some goals.
• Meet my timeline closely as possible (maybe the Caramelo might still be running at the end)
• Keep as even a canopy as is realistic
• Have fun and learn something new

I may start this up as a caged grow with some topping, then along side start a plant under veg and really go to town on her. Then have follow this with a single plant maximizing grow. Fire away crowd! I have had my final smoke and I am ready for your shots.

;)

Sounds like they will line up nicely actually bob. Harvest at 50 dry for 5 cure for 5 harvest at 60 dry for 5 cure for 5 harvest 70 dry and cure that one for as long as you want up to july. Everything will be clean sanitized and put away and you are golden.

subbed. your plants look good.

hi Dr, these babes are gorgeous, ya have a green thumb it seems.......:thumb:
i wish you a nice day Doc.

E.D.

Sounds like they will line up nicely actually bob. Harvest at 50 dry for 5 cure for 5 harvest at 60 dry for 5 cure for 5 harvest 70 dry and cure that one for as long as you want up to july. Everything will be clean sanitized and put away and you are golden.

I sure hope you are right! That would work out perfect. I just need to treat these girls with love and respect.

subbed. your plants look good.

Glad you decided to join. Love your journal so I will be jumping back and forth. Stay real.

Back
Top Bottom