Dr Bob Says Alakazam While Eating Delicious Caramelo in the Northern Lights

Re: Dr Bob says "Alakazam" while eating Delicious Caramelo in the Northern Lights.

hi Dr, these babes are gorgeous, ya have a green thumb it seems.......:thumb:
i wish you a nice day Doc.

E.D.

Hey E.D. I think the green you see if just from forgetting my gloves when trimming. How do you get this stuff off? ;)

I think our girls would look great next to each other. We are in just about the same place. Should be some fun flowering around May with a bunch of great journals! I am learning the way of hydro from you that's for sure.

Have a fantastic day my friend.

Re: Dr Bob says "Alakazam" while eating Delicious Caramelo in the Northern Lights.

Hey E.D. I think the green you see if just from forgetting my gloves when trimming. How do you get this stuff off? ;)

I think our girls would look great next to each other. We are in just about the same place. Should be some fun flowering around May with a bunch of great journals! I am learning the way of hydro from you that's for sure.

Have a fantastic day my friend.

ha ha ha, i mean you have a greenthumb because your plants are clean and healthy not because your finger thumb is colored ,
and if ya need to learn hydro, yes i can help and guide a bit but i need more experience as i ran coco a few runs and just start hydro this run, it is my first try at it.
hydro is a basic easy thing and if we follow the rules everything goes on sweet and healthy.
the harder for me is not to forget to re-connect anything like electric-pump connectors or fans.
they may die in 24h if something is missed, for me it is the hardest thing.

i dropped 5 T.D. in soil yesterday...they should show their heads soon.
i wish you have plenty of fun and pleasure with your girls Doc.

have a green day.

E.D.

I have been wanting to try coco as a hempy 2 liter setup some time. Just the idea of a hedge of green sounds like a lot of fun. I am watching your journal close to learn as you go. I think it would be good for me as I have to leave at times and I think I could make it self running. I am big into aquariums and other large systems like that so I think I could figure out a good system over time. But there is a lot to learn first.

Thanks for the green thumb compliment, I am just afraid I will show how rough I can be with my plants too and it may undo my green thumb status.

Tangerine Dream is one seed I may get on the next Herbies run. Can't wait to see how those do for you. They sound yummy.

Best wishes as always.
Bob
;)

Well the deed is done and I played around a bit for this one. I cut back all my plants whether topped, FIMed, LST, or defol they all got to participate in the fun. Lets start with the plants in the journal and go from there!

Here is the Alakazam that was topped. She got the top at the 5th node (leaving 4 leaf sets). This one should be rather straight forward.
AlakazamTopping.JPG

Now I decided to FIM the others for a reason likely related to the name FIM, I missed. Except before I came to :420:, I would have just finished the job so to speak. This time I thought I would show you all pics and see what you guess might happen. 2 Tops? 3, 4, 6, or just 1 with severely damaged leaves.

Here is the Caramelo. She got it at number 4 leaving 3 sets. As a Sativa dominant, I wanna make sure she doesn't get ahead of her friends.
CarameloFIM.JPG

And the Northern Lights Blue. FIMed at the 5th.
NLBFIM.JPG

Please let me know what you think. This is my first shot at real FIMing and LST so please provide any thoughts you may have. For example, I see many of you at this point would be stripping some leaves to get light where you want it, see a leaf that should go?, let me know!
So here is the LST fun. All girls were bent over with some wool yarn and clothes pins.
Group shot
GroupLST1.JPG

From the side
GroupSideShotLST1.JPG

As per King and Joe, plants have been pushed in very tight to the lights, about an 1 or so away at closest. I should have my LEDs anytime now and if it is today, you will see some change here in seedling land!

Again, please give me feedback if you have any. I am new to the world of cutting and bending our girls. Truth is in all my years I have only topped 1 plant now that I try to remember. Kinda hard to believe but I guess height has never been an issue until tents came into play.

Peace all. ;)

I see cfl's DocB, no LED's in the mail this week? Guess it takes a while for the huskies to pull the mailsled to Alaska, lol.

Your girls are thriving :goodjob:

Yep, still the CFLs until UPS knocks at the door. I was sure hoping they would be here today cause it will be Monday if not. We will see. Do you think the tops and fims were ok?

Well Doc your babies are looking very nice. You're off to a nice grow. :high-five:

Hey Doc, i second Trichomes, they are thriving for sure.

in my opinion, your fim try is good as "to fim" is to top plant un-completly or not fully topped if ya prefer correct English:cheesygrinsmiley:.
i mean that you need to leave something otherwise you really top it and not fim.
i can clearly (even if ya pic n°2 is outrageously blurred in the exact part you want to show...:bravo:) see that you left roughly a quarter or a fifth on each top you tried to fim (i do so too) and i believe by the pics that you've done it well for me.

The strain i told about in my previous post is DutchPassion "Think Different" and is an Auto strain which produce nice for an auto if big Sun is above, and the Sun arrived yet there.
the tangerine dream sounds like an old group i like so much of the same name.

about the aquarium experience it willbe a huge benefit for you as you already know what a water PH mean and you understand (may already know too) what mean dissolved salts in a given amount of water.
if yes you already have the Basics for Hydro , in my own opinion.
i used to run a big soft hot water aquarium and a smaller but not small sea-water aquarium for years and i can tell you that hydro is easier even in medium scale (less than 20Sq Meter) equipped with hydro-systems or Coco with drippers in run-to-waste (the one i love more than the rest until now), all these systems are lot easier to understand and maintain than aquarium of more than 300liters.

once more it is just my own experience and opinion but i think you'll soon think like me Doc.

about your young plants, don't defoliate even a little before the end of veg, defoliating is nice but a few weeks after flow flip and not to rough, a bit at a time, but we could talk about it when time will come.

i just come back from work and will sleep as a dog now.

greenest vibes from the south.

E.D.

When I fim I know exactly where to cut but im always afraid of cutting to much or even perhaps a bit more afraid of cutting to little. What are the effects of cutting to little as all mine have been the right amount but it still scares me. My thinking is if you cut to little then you get neither the top since you cut it but you dont get the 2-4 shoots either. Is this correct thinking?

yes S.J. think so but depends a lot of the strain Imo.

Well Doc your babies are looking very nice. You're off to a nice grow. :high-five:

Thanks Bill! They do seem happy this go around. :thanks:

Hey Doc, i second Trichomes, they are thriving for sure.

in my opinion, your fim try is good as "to fim" is to top plant un-completly or not fully topped if ya prefer correct English:cheesygrinsmiley:.
i mean that you need to leave something otherwise you really top it and not fim.
i can clearly (even if ya pic n°2 is outrageously blurred in the exact part you want to show...:bravo:) see that you left roughly a quarter or a fifth on each top you tried to fim (i do so too) and i believe by the pics that you've done it well for me.

The strain i told about in my previous post is DutchPassion "Think Different" and is an Auto strain which produce nice for an auto if big Sun is above, and the Sun arrived yet there.
the tangerine dream sounds like an old group i like so much of the same name.

about the aquarium experience it willbe a huge benefit for you as you already know what a water PH mean and you understand (may already know too) what mean dissolved salts in a given amount of water.
if yes you already have the Basics for Hydro , in my own opinion.
i used to run a big soft hot water aquarium and a smaller but not small sea-water aquarium for years and i can tell you that hydro is easier even in medium scale (less than 20Sq Meter) equipped with hydro-systems or Coco with drippers in run-to-waste (the one i love more than the rest until now), all these systems are lot easier to understand and maintain than aquarium of more than 300liters.

once more it is just my own experience and opinion but i think you'll soon think like me Doc.

about your young plants, don't defoliate even a little before the end of veg, defoliating is nice but a few weeks after flow flip and not to rough, a bit at a time, but we could talk about it when time will come.

i just come back from work and will sleep as a dog now.

greenest vibes from the south.

E.D.

Ah The Think Different! I shoulda known that from your journal. Didn't realize you had put in 5 though! That is a bunch of autos. That was an auto I wanted to try this year but didn't order yet. Dutch Passion is good stuff and I just was reading about Tangerine Dream (Barneys) and it popped into my head when I saw TD.

Thanks for your encouraging words on the FIM attempts. (Funny to be trying to MISS something) And Hey, my hands are shaky for macro pics!

Yep, I know aquariums and water systems. PH, salts, hardness, minerals etc. And all the plumbing to make it work. Sounds like a lot of fun so I will be watching closely as your plants look incredibly happy. Those huge fan leaves almost look the size of lettuce leaves. Very nice indeed.

Thanks also for the tips on defol. I was planning on waiting but I see some major stripping going on in some grows. Information is what I need on the whole idea. I should go study trichomes and Light Addict's stuff (among many others) to get the whole idea better. It just seems you would need more veg time than I have for this go around.

I hope when you are reading this it is with a good cup of coffee after a long nights good sleep! Cheers my friend.

Bob ;)

When I fim I know exactly where to cut but im always afraid of cutting to much or even perhaps a bit more afraid of cutting to little. What are the effects of cutting to little as all mine have been the right amount but it still scares me. My thinking is if you cut to little then you get neither the top since you cut it but you dont get the 2-4 shoots either. Is this correct thinking?

That is exactly what I was afraid of; not cutting enough and it just tries to keep growing up all damaged and sad. My thought was if I saw that after a few days, I would just top it, and give it an extra few days veg to make it up. At least that was what I was telling myself.

yes S.J. think so but depends a lot of the strain Imo.

Now that there is interesting. Is this a Sativa vs Indica kinda trait?

Good discussion! Thanks guys :thanks:

Rizza's 1st Grow Journal Indoor 400W 3x3x6 is growing tangerine dream in the journal I just posted in actually. What fortune. Go check it out

(pulls up a chair and squeezes in) little late but im subbed, Lookin real nice!! :goodjob:

Welcome to the party! In fact, just for the new guy, it's time for a photo update!!!

Let us take a trip back into flower land and the plants that just wouldn't finish. They have instead decided to push on and get bigger! The LA Woman is fox tailing everywhere while the Fruitilicious was more conservative and put all its fox tails into one very strange side bud that has no real bud, just a bunch of fox tails.
Here they are after final yellow leaf and bottom crud removal.
FlowerGroupLabeled.JPG

And how is this for a foxy LA Woman? This is right on the tippy top.
FoxTailLAWoman.JPG

Welcome M1DRAGONACE and enjoy a brownie. LEDs are in the same town as me now (dang no ground delivery on Sat), the plants above are moving towards the chop and life is good.

;) Bob

Shoot Bob, with those pics you've got my palms and forehead all sweaty. I'm coo-coo for coco buds..

nice stacked plants :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom