Dr Bob Says Alakazam While Eating Delicious Caramelo in the Northern Lights

Re: Dr Bob says "Alakazam" while eating Delicious Caramelo in the Northern Lights.

:ciao: R. Bob

I'm finally here. LOL
Looking forward to those LED pics. I'll go back and read through the journal a bit later. (I'm at work....SHHHHHH)

I have been trying to stay caught up while at work the last few days too. Great to have you here and if you have any suggestions, don't think you are going to hurt my feeling. The LED pics are coming soon. :thumb:

Bob ;)

Re: Dr Bob says "Alakazam" while eating Delicious Caramelo in the Northern Lights.

Hi everyone! It is time for a big update in Bob's world. I have new lights, questions on training, questions on fimming, harvest soon, and darkness now. Lots of pics to go take now that I am home. First up will be LEDs, and questions, then harvest tonight.

Pic time! Now where is that camera...

:Namaste:
Bob ;)

just kidding Doc,
so, i would love to see those led panels.
:cheer:

Alright lets see some led action already

hey Doc, i think you'll like it, one of my blue widow(the indoor one) has 5 leave on some nodes, weird no?
DSC_12211.jpg

sure you'll like it.

we wait for leds pics and we kill time with what is available Atm.............:smokin:

hey Doc, i think you'll like it, one of my blue widow(the indoor one) has 5 leave on some nodes, weird no?
DSC_12211.jpg

sure you'll like it.

we wait for leds pics and we kill time with what is available Atm.............:smokin:

I surely do like it. That is kinda crazy looking. I assume that is heading to be a clone?

EDIT: Uploading LED fun now....

Hello everyone! Sorry for the long wait after I tell everyone I have this stuff then dissapear but the phone rang, it was life and I had to answer. And in fact, life is doing great and we had an awesome time together this afternoon. Sun shining, thoughts turning to spring and things that are green. And on that note, I had three new green things show up for me on Monday! Lets take a look...

To recap, I had decided to replace my 400 HPS/MH with LEDs of about the same wattage (not draw), so to that end and after reading many great journals that all seemed to be loving LEDs I went with Sara at TOPLED. I decided to buy 3 of the 48x3 watt reflector series instead of one larger unit. I wanted the flexibility of the three lights for height and location control. In fact it has already helped tonight as you will see!

First the open box experience. In the box there is the unit itself, stainless wire hanger, powercord, a card with instructions and coupons.
TOPLEDOpenBoxExp1.JPG

My flower garden is currently occupied for just a few more days as we are in darkness now, and I will use the tent to dry out this batch as other house project currently are occupying the normal drying spaces. But this means I wanted to come up with a way to use my new LEDs, or at least one of them. So, here is what I am calling,
The Seedling House
SeedlingHouse1.JPG

This will be the place for single plants or small veg opperations from here on out. I may need to get one more panel since I like this so much.

And it gave me an excuse to play with the light. Here is how it is hung. I used the wire and clips but not the carabiner that come with the light.
TOPLEDHangingSeedHouse.JPG

Gotta have the closeup. I really like the hangers.
TOPSLEDFRONT.JPG

These units seem to be very well made. The fan moves a lot of air and this one is cool to the touch hours later. It will be interesting to see what it is like to have 3 of them in the tent together. I feel very happy with this purchase and can't wait to see how the girls take to them.

Lots going on here though. I will have two more updates coming soon as I have FIM pics to share and take a look at what is happening in the flower room.
Darkness1.JPG

Thats right the girls have been in the dark for 24 hours and are about to get the chop. That is a real pic of the inside of my tent, scouts honor.
So I am off to do that right now! Soon I shall be covered in sticky! Yum.

Peace to all of you. See you soon!

Bob ;)

so nice for the leds Doc, they really look smart and well designed.
So,Today is the first SPRING day Bro' !!!
we will grow monsters with all that sun man, like a 10000000w hps / leds or whatever. but more powerful.
i dream to be able to buy one 435W "lush lighting" which should replace and overpower my 600w grolux easy in a 4X4 groom.
i'm sure you will have tons of fun and save lots in electric bills with these new units.
yes the cut i shown you is for cloning and keeping a mom. this B.W. is a true monster grower.
one of the most vigorous strain i've ever seen.
can't wait to see the frosting on your babes Doc!!
and also, as you took a pic before to drop them in the dark; i would be very interested to see if the 24hours of darkness/light-stress
gives more resincoverage in the end.

thanx to share all this Doc, it is very helpfull for people like me who need to swich to a better and wiser light source.
i'm sure you love them yet for their cool-operating abilities and will love them more soon...
today i'll have some nice time on the terrace this afternoon for sure, with my new friend-bird and some well-rooted-clones
i have to take care of.
i'll upload pics.

Ciao Doc.

Just finished trimming. Sticky and tired. Guess that's not so bad right? 2 and a half hours for the LA Woman and Fruitilicious to become a tent full of drying.

Pics to come later. Sleep soon now.

Bob ;)

Doc check out the new pics I posted. First thing when lights come on Im gonna train another one but cant train them all out like I want not enough room well.. we will see I can space them a bit yet but theres still a lot of flowering time left so maybe I shouldnt space them. Dont want them exploding out of the room and down the hall or anything haha well I wouldnt mind but a few others would so..

Doc check out the new pics I posted. First thing when lights come on Im gonna train another one but cant train them all out like I want not enough room well.. we will see I can space them a bit yet but theres still a lot of flowering time left so maybe I shouldnt space them. Dont want them exploding out of the room and down the hall or anything haha well I wouldnt mind but a few others would so..

Just did and everything in your garden is looking beautiful, if a bit bent and twisted! Great job on showing what you do. Us visual folks need pictures. Thanks!

Bob ;)

Very Nice Doc.I cant wait for the drying shot's.:thumb:

I have now taken my rest and it is time for bud shots. I will get right on that! Gotta put up some veg pics I uploaded last night and then I will take some better bud shots. You should see the blurry pitiful ones I took last night while trimming. Horrible. :yikes:

Cool lights Doc!

I have a feeling your gonna love em!

Truth is that I already do. Just the change in temp is incredible. I have them running near each other and did a 3 versus the 1 MH just on the feel test and it was no comparison. And the light just looks purdy. Makes everything all purpley good.

Be over at your pad in a second as I need to catch up. For a site full of a bunch of us MJ lovers, things sure move fast around here.

Bob ;)

Need some opinions folks from those with FIM experience. Because, well I think I missed in my missing. Take a look.

Here is Caramelo's top after the FIM. Just looks like she is recovering to me, not changing into a more branched structure.
CarameloFIM5days.JPG

I think the same is happening here with the Northern Lights Blue but she is bushing at the top like crazy.
NLBlueFIM5Day.JPG

And then finally the Alakazam was simply topped and looks as such.
AlakazamTopped5Day.JPG

The girls all posing together under a purple sky.
VegGroupLED.JPG

PLEASE if you have thoughts let me have them. Currently I am thinking that I will just finish the topping on the FIMs and call it good. I have some fudge time to play but not lots in my veg/flower/cure schedule for this lot. The Doc needs your help to make up his mind.

Bud pics to come next! Gotta go get pics. Seems the flowering girls have stolen the stage from the Journal Queens. Oh well, not for much longer as they are chopped, hung and drying.

Bob ;)

Topped it right. As for your fimms I cant really say for certain. How many days ago did you do it? The reason I cant say is because there are new branches forming well but I dont know if they were already there

Back
Top Bottom