Endive's "Chance Um!" Bubblelicious - LED Grow - 2010

Re: Endive's "Chance Um!" Bubblelicious, LED Grow - 2010

Well the girls came out of the 36hrs darkness and are now beginning day 3 of 12/12. Surprisingly they still grew a bit taller and bushier in the darkness, only S-3 showed obvious signs of stretching.

Week 8.5
2010-09-13_07-55-41_857.jpg

I had to throw a little bend & LST on S-2, her growth is so dense, with little node spacing at all, the leaves are smothering the profuse branching and I had to open her up a bit, she's taken to it very well.

S-3 is throwing branches up like crazy. I'm now having to tie down the inner branches that have shot up, as their growth is surpassing everything else. I really have to look to find the original top of th eplant.

Bel is Bel. Tempermental, sensitive, moving at her own pace, but so help me I love her. Just the fact she survived my first attempt at sprouting and turned out female, tells me she is worth keeping.

- e.

Oh - Just got my tracking # for the new light! Don't have the ETA yet, but WooHoo!!!!!

good luck with your grow im considering buying this light myself (2010 cree)

As far as the 2010 model 90w HO Cree LED 6 Band, it is an excellent light for a single plant, or 3 lights for two plants would be killer. The coverage is very narrow as the LED light angle is 60º, but being so focused the penetration is good.

Now I see they've listed a new - 2010 Model PRO-GROW 90 Watt Featuring 9800 Lumen + Cree HO Chip-Set, much brighter, but still a 60º lens.

If you think you want more coverage, I'd suggest either 2 90W HOs, or a Pro-Grow 140 Watt LED.

It veges very well, and from seeing another grow here @ 420 Forums, they flower just fine too!

I only wish they were a 420 sponsor (hint, hint).

I have the PG250 and am on day 24 of flower and it is performing amazing! I am very impressed with the series of lights and the response from my girls

At about the 9 week point, Day 5 of 12/12.

Group shot
2010-09-16_08-08-01_602.jpg

Bel
2010-09-16_08-08-28_811.jpg

S-2
2010-09-16_08-08-20_754.jpg

S-3
2010-09-16_08-08-43_248.jpg

Bel and S-3 are nearly identical in phenotype; Lighter green tips, softer leaves, green fruit like aroma. Size & growth rate being the only differentiator. Bel's dwarf-like size, I believe, is due to the jiffy/peat cup being left on when I transplanted her.

S-2 (and S-1 male) is the other pheno. Short, dense, bushing out & up like crazy since LSTing. I can only get in one bend as her main stalk node spacing is so tight (Less than a cm on the main stalk, 2.5 cm at most on lowest branches). She exhibits a coffee-skunky yet sweet aroma, it is thick and quickly spreads throughout the room when the tent is opened.

S-1 was removed @ the 12/12 switch. He has gone to stud. Once I can collect some pollen, he will be chopped.

140W ProGro Cree LED on schedule to be here tomorrow... (fingers crossed)

Thanks for droppin in smokinweedgi, Welcome! The girls are coming along, lots of trial and error, but it's become easier with all the knowledge available here @ 420!

Picked up my new Pro-Grow 140W LED, if it works as well as it's brushed metal case is sexy, I'll be doing fine! :slide:

If I can get back to the ranch before the lights switch off, I'll post a shot of it in action.
PG-140.jpg

(The sharpie is just there for a size reference.)

New light is in...
2010-09-18_18-52-25_234.jpg

Moved it up a couple of inches from this and I'm really happy with the coverage and penetration.
2010-09-18_18-37-35_407.jpg

S-1 The lone male... Sequestered and ready to drop pollen any day now. Hoping to get a few seeds at the end of the main grow.
2010-09-18_07-43-20_57.jpg

Briefly off the topic of the grow... Sensi Star - Medically, it is one of, if not THE best I've ever tried for neck & nerve pains. Was fortunate enough to get a sample.

sensistar3.jpg

Meanwhile the girls are blooming along
2010-09-20_07-26-53_342.jpg

Thank you j6s6u6!

Did a 36 hr dark period prior to switching, but we're on day 9 of 12/12. I've begun the hard part of trimming lower branches & shoots that are too small, or just lost under the canopy.

Lots of LST and bending branches to spread them out and let light penetrate better. Not quite a sea of green, but maybe a pool, or pond of green if I'm lucky!

2010-09-20_07-29-03_685.jpg

Ok I see:)
So the 36 hour dark peroid before putting them in 12/12...does it help the plant prepare for 12/12 or what? I have heard of this but not sure as to how it helps ect...
I was thinking about this for my current grow but ya,my last plants turned male,and what dident turn male my cat ate everything,lol....but Iv got like 7 or so seedling up again and this time I am praying I get females,lol..

I've heard that between 24-48 hours of dark prior to 12/12 hastens the transition from vegetative to flowering by a week or two.

Unfortunately my method of implementation wasn't too scientific, as I have nothing to compare it to, but the ladies are exponentially showing more white hairs daily since day 2 of 12/12. I've heard it sometime takes up to a week or two after switching the lights before you see any drastic flowering.

Bubblelicious is supposed to be an aggressive bloomer as well, so considering they all declared their gender during 18/6, it may just be the genetics.

I also am running the lights at 13/11. Seeing as how they began showing flowers at 18/6, an extra hour of light shouldn't disrupt the switch. I wanted to find a sweet point in maximizing the length of the grow day, yet not disturb the flowering cycle. This also gives me room to begin reducing the light later in the grow to 12/12, then 10/14 to promote maximum growth in the last 2 weeks, then 24 hrs dark prior to harvest.

All in theory of course, time will tell.

Thanks for the info,
Sounds like you hot a plan anways,thats good....
Right now my seedling are a couple days old and I am kinda thinking about waiting untill they get there second set of leaves to begin flowering,
Right now though they are getting 24 hours of light just to get them going and everything is looking good,so it might be a good idea for me to give them a full 24 hours of darkness before I start 12/12?

Another thing is I read if u start 12/12 to early,like when there little seedlings...they stretch and take even longer to start flowering ect...last time it took like 9 days before I saw I had males,lol...but ya
Im also thinking about maybe giving them 13 hours of darkness and only 11 hours of light,might help with flowering?

I'd say, if you can, let them vege for two weeks before 12/12. Try the 24-48hr dark period.

I heard the 11/13 light cycle might speed up flowering, but you lose quantity due to the shortened light cycle.

Flowering - Day 11

Bel
2010-09-21_17-09-15_913.jpg

S-2
2010-09-21_17-09-28_571.jpg

They are consuming about a quart and 1/2 of water every 2 days, and have been adding supplemental P and K once a week

Nice pics!
They looks very green and healthy,and the white hairs are popping up now,good job!
Quick question,how hot do the led lights get?

They don't get hot, but they are warm. In my 3x2x5" tent running the 140W + the 90W raises the interior air temp about 8-10º F. My room temp averages around 72ºF, without CFLs I can keep it at 80-82ºF with just running the oscillating fan. With the vent fan running (and 12 - 23W CFLs) it will hang at about 76-78ºF

While LEDs don't burn like a HID or CFL, it is very easy to "over-light" younger seedlings, or bleach out newer growth if the light is too close, each LED lamp I have has slightly different tolerances, I can go no closer than 6-10 inches from top of plant to the glass lens on the light right now. As flowering advances I may see how close I can get.

Back
Top Bottom