Exodus Cheese, Dream Factory, Vanilla Creme Pie, Chem 91 Sk Va: 2nd Photo Journal

End of the first week for the seedlings. Things I did differently on this one. I put a heater in the room and have the temp higher. Instead of misting the leaves and spraying the top of the dirt I've been leaving them alone and I've only watered once last Friday and I barely gave them anything maybe a shot glass full.
20220314_213658.jpg

All 4 looking good. The vanilla creme pie is the tallest but the first leaves are growing slowly and weird looking. Gonna try to ride it out in the solo cups for a few weeks and then go straight into 5 gal pots.

20220309_211007.jpg

20220309_210826.jpg

20220309_210821.jpg

20220309_210814.jpg

20220309_210810.jpg

20220309_132356.jpg
Less is more, eh Costanza? Nice. Are you getting a touch stretchy on them or is it just the camera angle?

Yeah they were getting stretchy so I turned up the dimmer to 50%
Gotcha. I like the Dixie to 5. I've done it that way many times, works great. Just gotta water carefully for a couple weeks.

Gotcha. I like the Dixie to 5. I've done it that way many times, works great. Just gotta water carefully for a couple weeks.
Yeah I've been thinking about how I'm going to water them going from the solo to the 5s. Also debating when I wanna start feeding them, leaning towards first feeding this weekend

Yeah I've been thinking about how I'm going to water them going from the solo to the 5s. Also debating when I wanna start feeding them, leaning towards first feeding this weekend
I had the same questions. I found one method that worked well was to dig a little trough with your finger that roughly mirrors the circumference of the plant, and water from the trough to the outside only for the most part. As the plant increases in circumference, you simply widen the trough. For me it worked well to target my watering, and it didn't take long to fill the container this way. I even started one of those big autos from earlier in my grow from seed directly into the 7 to test my skills and filled the pot using this exact same method.

For what it's worth!

I had the same questions. I found one method that worked well was to dig a little trough with your finger that roughly mirrors the circumference of the plant, and water from the trough to the outside only for the most part. As the plant increases in circumference, you simply widen the trough. For me it worked well to target my watering, and it didn't take long to fill the container this way. I even started one of those big autos from earlier in my grow from seed directly into the 7 to test my skills and filled the pot using this exact same method.

For what it's worth!
Yeah that's how I did it last year when going directly into 3s with autos. Was gonna go into 3s and then 5s but I'm just gonna go to the 5s and water like that

10th day above ground. Just gave first feeding today at 1/4 strength 2ml each of Veg a and veg b along with 1ml mammoth p, 8ml voodoo juice and 5ml b1 kelp supplement. Environment is set at 70rh 78to80 f with light set at 50% on dimmer so its roughly 220watts right now.
20220316_110318.jpg

Day 12 I decided to transplant these today instead of waiting until monday, were fed 2 days ago and solo cups were light as a feather this morning. Took them out of the solo cups and all 4 have roots shooting out the sides and bottoms.
20220318_124806.jpg
20220318_124759.jpg

Ok so I need some help here. Plants looking droopy after transplant 3 days ago. I always struggle to identify over and under water symptoms when the plant is this young. I'm thinking they are hungry and thirsty right now and just fed them. Please tell me I'm right and I didnt just water these plants and they're over watered.
20220321_100009.jpg
20220321_100006.jpg

Ok so I need some help here. Plants looking droopy after transplant 3 days ago. I always struggle to identify over and under water symptoms when the plant is this young. I'm thinking they are hungry and thirsty right now and just fed them. Please tell me I'm right and I didnt just water these plants and they're over watered.
20220321_100009.jpg
20220321_100006.jpg
Is that leaf tips starting to yellow a bit in the last picture? And are the tops of these pots dry in these pictures? They look to me like they need to not be watered for a few days and when next you do, include a shot of CalMag. Doesn't seem to be anything worse than that to my relatively inexperienced eyes.

Is that leaf tips starting to yellow a bit in the last picture? And are the tops of these pots dry in these pictures? They look to me like they need to not be watered for a few days and when next you do, include a shot of CalMag. Doesn't seem to be anything worse than that to my relatively inexperienced eyes.
Wow fast reply Jon. That reply was faster than when I thought I had covid 2 months ago and called for an apt with my doctor. The pots were a little dry on top and yeah that lower leaf is yellowing

Wow fast reply Jon. That reply was faster than when I thought I had covid 2 months ago and called for an apt with my doctor. The pots were a little dry on top and yeah that lower leaf is yellowing
Lol. I follow you silly. I get a notice when you post. In real time pretty much. And since you have more class than me and tend to post with appropriate frequency, (lol) I usually go right to you when I see a Costanza notice pop up cuz I figure you have something to say. As you did today.

So...

You have one of these?

If you don't, I strongly suggest getting one ASAP. In soil, imho, this thing is extremely accurate on the moist setting, where you stick the tines into the dirt and can visually see the needle move as you get deeper and such. They're like $13 on the Zon. Once you get one you will NEVER overwater again.

We all do it Costanza. I have already cost the Watermelon WeddingCake auto two or three days just from the simple, one time, third watering, OVERWATERING. Even in coco you can overwater a tiny seedling as I have now learned. No big deal, she's fine now, just saying, I know how to water, and I screw it up sometimes. It is what it is. I would just wait til you pick those pots up and they're light as a feather, or the meter is reading way dry.

If that helps!

Lol. I follow you silly. I get a notice when you post. In real time pretty much. And since you have more class than me and tend to post with appropriate frequency, (lol) I usually go right to you when I see a Costanza notice pop up cuz I figure you have something to say. As you did today.

So...

You have one of these?

If you don't, I strongly suggest getting one ASAP. In soil, imho, this thing is extremely accurate on the moist setting, where you stick the tines into the dirt and can visually see the needle move as you get deeper and such. They're like $13 on the Zon. Once you get one you will NEVER overwater again.

We all do it Costanza. I have already cost the Watermelon WeddingCake auto two or three days just from the simple, one time, third watering, OVERWATERING. Even in coco you can overwater a tiny seedling as I have now learned. No big deal, she's fine now, just saying, I know how to water, and I screw it up sometimes. It is what it is. I would just wait til you pick those pots up and they're light as a feather, or the meter is reading way dry.

If that helps!
I do have one of them I just never used it before. I'll have to give it a shot

I do have one of them I just never used it before. I'll have to give it a shot
Lol! No wonder you responded like this: :laughtwo:

Dude....lmao. Why the heck not? Do you use your Phototone app to measure light? Do you use your Ph pen to Ph your water? Do you use a small tsp/tbsp set to measure your nutes? Do you use your environmental sensor to measure your RH and temperatures?

You see where I'm going with this?

:rofl:

Lol! No wonder you responded like this: :laughtwo:

Dude....lmao. Why the heck not? Do you use your Phototone app to measure light? Do you use your Ph pen to Ph your water? Do you use a small tsp/tbsp set to measure your nutes? Do you use your environmental sensor to measure your RH and temperatures?

You see where I'm going with this?

:rofl:
I never used it because it was a cheap one that came with my first tent and I tried using it for ph and it didnt work well so I just threw it aside to collect dust. Had no clue when I first started hence using a fucking soil meter to measure ph lol

I never used it because it was a cheap one that came with my first tent and I tried using it for ph and it didnt work well so I just threw it aside to collect dust. Had no clue when I first started hence using a fucking soil meter to measure ph lol
Lmao. Well, the skinny on these things is that they're USELESS on the other two settings, but I guess due to the tines and the simplicity of the measurement they are EXTREMELY accurate on gauging water in the soil. You can slowly stick it in deeper and watch the meter go from left to right, ie, drier to wetter. Once the pots get too big to lift I use it all the time. It's one of my go-to, absolutely must have, tools.

Lmao. Well, the skinny on these things is that they're USELESS on the other two settings, but I guess due to the tines and the simplicity of the measurement they are EXTREMELY accurate on gauging water in the soil. You can slowly stick it in deeper and watch the meter go from left to right, ie, drier to wetter. Once the pots get too big to lift I use it all the time. It's one of my go-to, absolutely must have, tools.
Thanks for the tip as soon as I get a break in the day I will dig it out and test the soil. My assistant at work decided to get pregnant and take maternity leave so I'm up to my eyeballs in work but I will make sure I remember to search for it. Dreaming of the day I can tell my boss to pound sand and start a weed farm.

Thanks for the tip as soon as I get a break in the day I will dig it out and test the soil. My assistant at work decided to get pregnant and take maternity leave so I'm up to my eyeballs in work but I will make sure I remember to search for it. Dreaming of the day I can tell my boss to pound sand and start a weed farm.
:laugh::laugh::laugh: You just inspired two one-liners!

1. Who refers to their wife as their "assistant?"

2. Ah, I see... the old, my assistant mysteriously got pregnant trick. Bravo.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: You just inspired two one-liners!

1. Who refers to their wife as their "assistant?"

2. Ah, I see... the old, my assistant mysteriously got pregnant trick. Bravo.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
That's hilarious. I dodged that bullet 4 years ago, was engaged to get married and like an idiot took the girl to vegas for vacation and it was the most boring vegas trip ever. We got into a huge fight when I came out of the dispensary with a bunch of weed and edibles and the second we got back home we split up. I'm much happier now living with my dog and there Is absolutely no way I would be able to grow weed if I was still with that buzzkill

Back
Top Bottom