Thanks HG!
Happy to have you here!

Welcome Carcass!
Yeah, so far we're 2 for 5 seeds planted in perlite that were able to shed the helmets on their own so far. I am thinking the jiffy pods are my best bet.
Lol, yeah a dome, autocorrect strikes again!
So far Barney's and Seedsman are the two companies I have a 100% sprout record with! (Knock on wood)

:hmmmm:

So, I wasn't planning on putting any more pics up tonight, but since I'm here...
Do si dos had loosened her helmet enough that it didn't take much to get it off, and DSD #33 had gotten it off on her own, although she hadn't dropped it yet.
I'll give Gelato a chance to get it off by herself overnight.

hey Mel a couple of my sprouts this grow seemed to have a hard time getting rid of the shell/helmet i just put a drop of water on it & it shed it by next day & one took 2 drops 12 hours apart & it dropped off shortly after that

hey Mel a couple of my sprouts this grow seemed to have a hard time getting rid of the shell/helmet i just put a drop of water on it & it shed it by next day & one took 2 drops 12 hours apart & it dropped off shortly after that
Yep, that's what I usually do. I have been wetting the helmets when I drip some water down the stems to lead them to res.
Keeping humidity up helps too, which is why Gelato is still under the dome.

Day 1
I've removed the dome now that the helmets are off, and I started trickling some 20% nutes down by their stems to lead the roots down.

Do si dos
She's doing fine, nothing to report.

Do si dos #33
She's got a bit of white at the base of her stem. Guess that part is supposed to be taproot. I've got some rinsed perlite ready to go. I'll probably just add it to the top later.
What has me a little concerned is the colour of her first true leaves. Not sure what's going on there, but I'm watching it.

Gelato
Still getting some colour.

Nice! Hempy it up!
Welcome Stone!

Day 2
I think I'll stop taking the overhead shots until they're bigger. The camera just keeps focusing on the perlite.

Do si dos

Do si dos #33

Gelato

:cheer:
Other than those pale first leaves ( :popcorn: ) they're off to a great start with your TLC!
Thanks Shed!
They're sorting the leaves out now.
I must say the sight of the seedling breaking out against the white perlite background is beautiful
Thanks Nile!
I agree. Now to keep the algae from growing on there!

Day 2
I think I'll stop taking the overhead shots until they're bigger. The camera just keeps focusing on the perlite.

Do si dos

Do si dos #33

Gelato

Thanks Shed!
They're sorting the leaves out now.

Thanks Nile!
I agree. Now to keep the algae from growing on there!
You could change the AF mode to Spot

Day 3

Well, I couldn't find the autofocus settings, but the overhead shots turned out all right.
I'm still trickling diluted MC down beside the stems, but I've upped it to a half dose.
I'm not seeing any sign of the roots having reached the res yet. When I do, I'll give them a full fertigation at 1.5g per litre, and 1g mag nitrate.

Do si dos
She's looking the most vigorous so far.

Do si dos #33
This one's giving me the most problems in the pics.

Gelato
Doesn't look like she took longer than her sisters to germinate...

You could change the AF mode to Spot
I'll keep looking, but it might be easier to do what I did today and hold the camera further away and just crop the pics tighter.

Day 3

Well, I couldn't find the autofocus settings, but the overhead shots turned out all right.
I'm still trickling diluted MC down beside the stems, but I've upped it to a half dose.
I'm not seeing any sign of the roots having reached the res yet. When I do, I'll give them a full fertigation at 1.5g per litre, and 1g mag nitrate.

Do si dos
She's looking the most vigorous so far.

Do si dos #33
This one's giving me the most problems in the pics.

Gelato
Doesn't look like she took longer than her sisters to germinate...

I'll keep looking, but it might be easier to do what I did today and hold the camera further away and just crop the pics tighter.
looking good Mel, Nube question i keep seeing ppl talking about MC whats the full word & thanks

The pics are sharp enough to know the sprouts are looking sharp! :thumb:
Thanks Shed!
looking good Mel, Nube question i keep seeing ppl talking about MC whats the full word & thanks
It's mega crop. A nutrient made by a non-sponsor. There's a (locked) thread about it somewhere. It got popular enough that for a while the site would automatically change it to "420" in posts.

Day 4

Do si dos

Do si dos #33

Gelato
Why are you leaning?

Day 5

Do si dos

Do si dos #33
Now she's droopy :hmmmm: 🤔

Gelato

Day 5

Do si dos

Do si dos #33
Now she's droopy :hmmmm: 🤔

Gelato

they look good Mel, the DSD #33 a bit droopy but hopefully just a phase

they look good Mel, the DSD #33 a bit droopy but hopefully just a phase
Thanks con!
Yeah, I know it's not a watering issue since it's a hempy, so we'll see how it plays out for now.
Or it might want a bit less light.
Maybe.
I've neglected to mention so far that they're under a 2 bulb 4 ft t5 HO light right now. I didn't want to deal with opening the tent multiple times a day looking for roots in the res, and trickling water down the roots.
I'll raise it a little and see how she reacts. They'll be moved into the tent as soon as they reach the res.

Back
Top Bottom