Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

Would love to try cloning in vitro. You can grow a plant from a few cells. You could even store thousands of strains in a cryogenic freezer. Sadly they cost a fortune. I wanna build a lab and get myself one of those. Will just require some years of saving money

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

If i see one more person asking for seeds joking or especially not im gunna lose it!

Ill be the first to say id love some of those original seeds but can we let him grow them and build his stash first!

Its starting to take away from the awesome potential this journal has once he gets the seeds to finally pop! Ijs

Not So Rookie Anymore

I'm here for my free seeds! I'll trade you a cow lol only joking..... I don't have a cow but jack does . good luck bruda

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hey guys. Remember the single seed that popped open in the paper towel the other day and I was debating on just what to do with it? Well, I decided since I have an extra tube of the tissue culture gel maybe its best chance would be in there so if it needed some extra energy to get the job done it would have access to it.
Its early but looking promising.
420-magazine-mobile1550731935.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Ill be the first to say id love some of those original seeds...

Bwahahahaha! A backdoor seed request!

Does joking about all the seed requests really detract from the thread? I mean, all we're doing is sitting around staring at seeds that are stubbornly refusing to cooperate.

Don't count your seeds before they hatch!

Re: Fanleaf Tries To Germ & Grow A Stash Of 42 Year Old Acapulco Gold Seeds!

Bwahahahaha! A backdoor seed request!

Does joking about all the seed requests really detract from the thread? I mean, all we're doing is sitting around staring at seeds that are stubbornly refusing to cooperate.

Don't count your seeds before they hatch!

Lol no that wasnt what i was just trying to do!

I left it alone when he said that it would be a possibility earlier in the thread.

Ive just been checking the thread lately and thats all i see.

I guess it doesnt really take away from the journal except for like 4 pages of talk about receiving seeds when that was answered very early on.

I get the whole joking part, poking fun...

but its still funny??

Not So Rookie Anymore

So let's talk about seeds. :)
As a life-long entrepreneur I see these seeds as an opportunity. To bring back an unmolested classic landrace is huge. I wouldn't be giving away seeds. I'd be negotiating an exclusive offering to a professional seed company. I'd be trademarking a name. I'd have the genetics mapped.
I'd make money. $$$

As a life-long entrepreneur I see these seeds as an opportunity. To bring back an unmolested classic landrace is huge. I wouldn't be giving away seeds. I'd be negotiating an exclusive offering to a professional seed company. I'd be trademarking a name. I'd have the genetics mapped.
I'd make money. $$$

I don't really see pounds signs to me it's all about being triumphant .

The triumph of success is sweet. But how much more sweet is triumph when celebrated with a good bottle of Armand de Brignac, a fatty rolled with Acapulco Gold '74, and a few close friends (like all of us!).
Better make it a couple of cases of champagne! LOL

I'd make money. $$$

This does sound rather tempting. But who do you think would actually be willing to help him. I feel like if he went to a seed company like green house. Or the like. They would take his stuff maybe give him a couple thousand and shove him out the door. Not how I'd want it to go down. If it were me and I had the resources. I'd have a few people grow out some stuff and breed from the stock I have. Fully document the whole thing. Than go to someone with a strong stable strain. By that time he could get everything done like your talking about. Strain mapping, trademark. But that's a chunk of money I know I don't have to throw around.

So for now. Just getting and keeping the genetics going is all we can do.

Dirt Man Dan

Realistically, I think it depends on the quality of the smoke. He would probably be wise to first build up his seed stock before approaching any seed banks. I think the business of genetics is very tough. I would honestly hate to see this exploited. I honestly don't expect this to be anything too spectacular. I would think it will be a nice heirloom stain and nothing more. I would love to smoke some out of curiosity, but doubt I would pay much premium for it.

I'm rooting for you, but I'm not going to jump on the hype train just yet.

Ya know CookieMan, if weed was like it was back in the '70s (when dinosaurs still roamed the earth) I might still smoke. This new stuff we're growing kicks my butt right to the couch and then some.
:drool::surrender::surrender::surrender:

And yes, I was sad when my pet dinosaur died. :(

There's no comparison between hybrids thst modern breeders churn out with their elite clones, and what there was back in the day in terms of THC content or overall quality. However most of stuff that's around is boring in long-term, and landrace sativas have something that new school bud simply doesn't have... let's call it character for the sake of argument, but it becomes clear when you say wow, this stuff is not that potent but is so cerebral that I'm way higher than smoking another OG or Skunk#1 knockoff.

There's no comparison between hybrids thst modern breeders churn out with their elite clones, and what there was back in the day in terms of THC content or overall quality. However most of stuff that's around is boring in long-term, and landrace sativas have something that new school bud simply doesn't have... let's call it character for the sake of argument, but it becomes clear when you say wow, this stuff is not that potent but is so cerebral that I'm way higher than smoking another OG or Skunk#1 knockoff.

Amen brother. Character is perfect and you either get it or you don't :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom