FenderSuper's Greenhouse Kosher Kush Grow Journal - 2017

FenderSuper

Okie dokie, clones drop on Thursday. Have the greenhouse set up, lights installed, IAT installed, need to set up the tarp as a floor for the greenhouse (portable, see photo below).

Kosher Kush teens from CloneBros.com in Riverside, they deliver once a week to Norcal. Wanted Afghani but Strainbank lied and lied. So fuck them, I found some guys who had a truly heavy indica (sativas make me a quivering ball of paranoia and hybrids piss me off) that was heavily Afghani based. Next year I'll buy heritage Afghani landrace seeds and germinate. So far I've got the greenhouse built, but there will be a lot of activity because I need pallets to put the pots on, as the back yard is concrete. Can't let the bottom of the pots get that hot.

I've got amendments out the ying yang but the hot soil (and there won't be that much of it) will be on the very bottom of the pots so it can cook while the girls (named Pete, John, Roger and Keith) are small. I can do topcoats as needed. Essentially I'll be doing Subcool in smaller proportions because of the lateness of all this.

I have five pots from Grassroots Fabric Pots in Sacramento. The same as Smart Pots for half the money. I have a 12x7x7 greenhouse I finally got set up, today. If anyone has an idea on how to ventilate the top of a QuicTent greenhouse and make it so I can close it up again, I'd be infernally grateful, by Circe.

I have an aquarium pump for aerating water (I need a couple more buckets), a soil moisture meter for each pot, I have a good PH meter and I have a PPM meter but I don't know what I'd use it for on a soil grow in a greenhouse. I have four Bayco clamp lights with 100W equivalent LED bulbs, which I hope will be enough light at night to keep them in veg a little longer after the solstice.

Thrip and gnat strips, Kirkland dryer sheets ready.

First pic:

1661204440066.png

OK, progress at last. Got the pots all filled, teenagers transplanted and now waiting on the growing thang, but it they all grew a lot in the past week. Transplanted yesterday. One thing I can tell you I'm saving all this soil with the idea I can amend it back to life.

I'll break the photos into two posts just to make for easier viewing.

The domicile for yon plants.

1661202809248.png

Root balls
1661202820573.png
1661202846445.png

Kosher Kush
1661202862257.png

Looks like you're off to a good start. It's been the same for me. I had one person comment early on and then another after I engaged him on his grow.

Don't get discouraged. I have the attitude that I'm doing it for me because I assume it will always be here and a good resource to go back and see what results I got, the time periods it took, and can use that info to adjust in my next grows.

I recommend just being active and engage others on their grows. A great bunch of people here, all willing to give advice and encouragement.

Advice I got from admin is to put a link to your journal in your signature. That way when you engage with others and they like what you have to offer, they may go to yours to see what you're doing.

Good luck with your grow. I will be watching.

Thanks, Randoob

Nice setup, lots of space, very large smart pots. I've noticed that outdoor growing takes patience. In a tent you have far more control over environment and growth is explosive. I'll keep feeding and see what can be done outside.

Cheers

Nice setup, lots of space, very large smart pots. I've noticed that outdoor growing takes patience. In a tent you have far more control over environment and growth is explosive. I'll keep feeding and see what can be done outside.

Cheers
Thanks, man!!! I don't have the indoor space nor the inclination to attempt to keep the cats away from my grow. Greenhouse suits me more, philosophically (no chemicals) and logistically. I will indeed, enjoy the process (I take my acoustic out and sing to them) and I may even camp out in the back yard with them. Won't get to do any traveling this summer so I might as well camp in the city.

I also started my first batch of shit soup (compost tea), which indeed, looks just like shit soup. NO SOUP FOR ME!!!

I need another tube and aquarium stone so I can aerate both the shit soup and plain water. Looking forward to adding some shit soup to the plants later in the week. Looking for a growth spurt.

Shit soup...
1661202646362.png

Back
Top Bottom