FenderSuper's Greenhouse Kosher Kush Grow Journal - 2017

Ahhhh the old contact sheet loupe! That's what I use!

IMG_94203.jpg

Those buds are looking scrumptious. NYC diesel's one of my fave smokes.

Part of the fun, is learning from the plants, though sometimes it can be a bit of a pain. But it'll make future grows easier!

Those buds are looking scrumptious. NYC diesel's one of my fave smokes.

Part of the fun, is learning from the plants, though sometimes it can be a bit of a pain. But it'll make future grows easier!

Oh, I fully understand. Thanks, man! This was my year in college. If I get some killer smoke (KK is known for knocking you the fuck out) I will consider it a "B" grade for this year, given all the mishaps. Still looking for my second indica strain to grow next year (Afghani is ALWAYS is my first choice).

If you read the beginning of the thread, you'll know why. Trying to grow a year's supply so I can stop going to dispensaries, use all that money for the grow. OK, not all of it, I'm only growing five plants next year) and the fifth will be given away if I don't need it. The ideal number of 45-gallon smart pots in that greenhouse is four. So four it will be with one outside, again, to be given away if the plants in the greenhouse thrive.

I'll soon post a poll, asking the assembled whether I should grow from several different indica strains. NYC D was a freebie clone that was totally "failure to thrive" when first planted, and then it hit the hotter soil and took off like a rocket. Stayed short but monstrous colas and will be bigger in two weeks when the harvest is planned. I will chop sooner if trichomes tell me it's time.

I only grow for my own (and Sheila's) consumption. BTW, Sheila is not my sweetie's real name and I will call her different names, as the mood strikes me. Tomorrow, she might be Agnes. :D :D :D

I get that. I was a bit surprised by height the Critical Kush I grew last year, got up to about 6 feet before harvest (supposedly it usu. avgs round 4 ft high), kinda odd for a fairly fast finisher. But great yield & one of my fave grows yet. It's punchy has heck & produces a lot of resin--I got more than 2g of scissor/finger hash just in trimming the one plant.

I didn't let it go too long, due to both bud rot concerns during a rainy fall & I prefer not to have much sedation in what I smoke, but I've got zero doubts that if I'd let it go longer, it'd be a heckuva sleep aid. I'd grow it again, without hesitation.

Agree w/ ya, too, 'bout 'ghani kush. One of my faves on the indica side of things.

Congrats again, that NY Diesel looks like it's gonna be great!

The KK looks like it's supposed to. Doesn't make big colas but it's up to 29 percent thc and it makes a LOT of them. Next year will be better, I learned so very much. Will be my second time growing but my sister Linda (also not her real name) already says I don't really need her, any more, in terms of information, but I still need has a lot as my sister so she'll be mentoring whether she wants to or not. If I get a pound (kind of a stretch) it will be like two pounds of almost anything else, because of the THC content.

The colas are sticky as fuck, too.

Supposed to rain here, friday, but I'm in a greenhouse. I'll just close up.

Nice work! That's pretty darn successful!

There's $5000 cognac & you've tried it?

Yr tolerance's gotta be higher than mine and/or the dispensaries aren't great--I've gotten lots of 2 hit flower.

Thanks for the smoke report! Will def. put Kosher Kush on my to-grow list!

Yr tolerance's gotta be higher than mine and/or the dispensaries aren't great--I've gotten lots of 2 hit flower.

Be sure to manage its vertical growth and top-heaviness. I failed to and have paid the price in vastly reduced yield.

Thanks! I'll def. do that when I grow it!

Congrats again on the killer grow & thanks for the smoke rept. & associated info!

Yes, there is a $5000 cognac. Yes I got to try it once. It was like heroin. I knew I better never touch it, again.

Yes, there is a $5000 cognac. Yes I got to try it once. It was like heroin. I knew I better never touch it, again.

Yorcks! But yr a smart person. As Benjamin Franklin advised: keep your vices few, so that you can concentrate your energy on those that remain.

I get that. I was a bit surprised by height the Critical Kush I grew last year, got up to about 6 feet before harvest (supposedly it usu. avgs round 4 ft high), kinda odd for a fairly fast finisher. But great yield & one of my fave grows yet. It's punchy has heck & produces a lot of resin--I got more than 2g of scissor/finger hash just in trimming the one plant.

I didn't let it go too long, due to both bud rot concerns during a rainy fall & I prefer not to have much sedation in what I smoke, but I've got zero doubts that if I'd let it go longer, it'd be a heckuva sleep aid. I'd grow it again, without hesitation.

Agree w/ ya, too, 'bout 'ghani kush. One of my faves on the indica side of things.

Congrats again, that NY Diesel looks like it's gonna be great!

Afghani was the first strain I ever got from a dispensary, and so far, it's been the very best strain I've used. I want to try Blueberry so Afghani and Blueberry will be my two strains (a whopping four plants next season). I want to TASTE Blueberry. Also, next year, I'm planting from seed. My sister the gardener was so helpful; and I'm sure she will, again.

The NYCD clone was a freebie, and for a while, I thought it was "failure to thrive," and I was going to kill it. But all of a sudden, the roots must have hit the Subcool soil and taken off. I read somewhere it's the indica lovers sativa hybrid. I'm not a sativa guy, esp pure sativa, puts me in the corner in the fetal position, a quivering ball of paranoia. I stick to indicas.

But thanks for the kind words and the support. Next year will be a barn burner with me knowing so much more. Having gotten through my rookie season without the team cutting me. But I managed to pull in a decent crop. 12, one-quart mason jars, filled with mostly kosher and a little NYC in them, too. I have two jars of pure kosher, for my get to sleep requirements, and thankfully, I'm not giving away too many gifts. ;-) You should have seen the crystals. In the immortal words of Webb Wilder, the last of the full-grown men, "Frosty man, frosty."

It should be known, glass, Classico-brand pasta sauce jars are totally usable with a food sealer, you just have to wash them well and buy the two-piece lids for the jars. they're just specially-made Atlas, mason jars. Regular size, two-piece lids. Foodsaver seals 'em right up.

Whatcha planting, next year? All answers are welcome.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom