First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

thanks for all the kind words, its my first attempt and i think it went ok, got loads of advice on how to grow these and gave it a try n thats how its turning out, i just got back and had a look at the plant and it really is getting fatter each day, the pistils are now 50-50 orange and white so not sure how long left, ill check with microscope in a few days and see what its saying, but im so chuffed i ended up with a plant looking like that, im hoping it can only get better from here, ill do another 2 x 2ltr hempie with this next grow but it wont be 12-12 from seed it will be using 2 clones that have veg for a few weeks, so i will be doing another 2 pretty soon, as soon as that ones out the room ill switch to veg and do 2 more of them as the results are amazing, i can tell just by looking at it that im going to get more of this than i did off my first 2 plants i had veg, im even thinking ill get more off this than i did with both of the other 2 put together, the buds are huge and its really top heavy, thinking need to tie the pot because when its drank all the liquid it is not stable so thats what im doing, im tying it down for its own safety, i think its got a drinking problem, has to much then goes all wobbly, 100% bpn goodness,

thanks miwa, im super chuffed with the 2ltr hempie, its amazing how good a hempy grow turns out, i never expected to get anything as good as that, most hempy grows are done with clones but this was 12-12 from seed so im thinking if i had vegd it for a few weeks before going 12-12 then i could of got bigger plant, but then i run the risk of having big node spaces and smaller buds, where as now the plant has produced 1 big solid bud on the main stem, i cant wait till its finished

thats what i am aiming for 1 solid bud...going to do a compare ..i got 3 sprouts under 10/14...1 gets growed straight up..1 gets topped and LSTed..the last one just gets LSTed..all pineapple express seeds from hermie ferterlization..we'll see if these are all female and see if they hermie...and see which procedure produce the higher yield..watching my 5 gal bubbler and the 5 gal with spray nozzles..the spray is the best...roots seem to grow faster...

looks like you got a nice test going mate, keep us informed of the results, the problem i have got is, would i have got more off this plant if i let it grow as normal in a bigger pot and not the hempie, also would a short veg time say 3 weeks make an even bigger 2ltr hempi or do these plants have a limit, i am going to do another 2 x 2ltr dwc hempie this next time round, but they will be from clones, the best part is the clones are monster cropping so the nodes are really crazy and loads of them at the stem, so im thinking if i veg them and let them get taller and grow more nodes at the stem then they should give me a longer bud, so ill do a kush and nl x bb as a 2ltr dwc hempie, and see how they do as a hampy grow, im pleased with the results from this ak47 cross uk cherry cheese so i wonder how other strains will compare to this

i just clipped 3 sugar leaves from the hempie, i took one from the top, one from the middle and one lower down, the 2 taken from top and middle contained id say about 95% cloudy trichs, the lower leaf had about 70%, looking at the plant im getting 50-50 orange and white hairs, now just by looking at the plant when would it be best to harvest, i mean is it best waiting till the pistils have died and turned 100% orange or is it best to do it before then, im not wanting a huge couch lock from this plant, but its mostly cloudy now, i have not seen even 1 orange trich yet, im thinking its best to wait till i see around 50% orange pistils, i dont want to harvest early but i also dont want to run the risk of having bud rot like i did with the kush, and been as the buds on this hempie are packed in then i bet the chances are high for pm issues, my humidity is down real low like in the 20's, so im thinking that will prevent any mod building up, i can raise the humidity if needed by having a bowl of water in their, i just dont want to run the risk of mold,

Hey don sorry I don't have any advice on when to cut them.

But I just have to say, I am absolutely going to do the 2l hempy next! You definitely have me convinced. Just to be clear, you have it in perlite topped with soil, and you only water/feed through the roots in the bottom? And not through the soil?

i really don't pay the pistils much attention...i watch the trics...the more amber the more down the smoke..i try for all cloudy...when i see the 1st amber i cut...i don't like couch-lock...you have to experiment on the different strains and find out how many cloudy with how much amber
to see what you like...on the longer veg for 12/12...you will get more but you also get branching...the idea behind 12/12 from seed is one cola no branching..

Def, for me the only way to know when to harvest is the trichs, the hairs turning orange I don't even pay attention to. Its hard to say about the couch lock thing too. I think if a strain is supposed to couch lock you it will at 100% cloudy, From everything I have ready Cloudy is the mature ready to rock, so if you harvest at first signs of amber with no clears the plant should be at top potency....more amber just adds a sedative/crash effect, but I think if couch lock is in the strain not just the the degrading of THC to CBN from going cloudy to more amber.

thanks tesmp, i got the biggest clone going crazy, its bigger than the plants that i vegd for 7 weeks, so thinking its going to be a nice plant,

below is my 2ltr hempie, its drinking a full res of liquid a day, the hairs have been turning orange over the last few days so i am giving it just water now with no nutes as i think it has about 10days left, if its any longer or after a couple of days it dont look like its finishing then ill give it a nute feed then back on water, im hoping these pictures work, been having problems with getting on the site, saying its to busy or site might be down for maintenance, so if they work they work if they dont then ill try again later
PICT2082.JPG

PICT2081.JPG

Very nice, looks like some soon to be killer smoke!

thanks for all the kind comments, im feeding blue planet nutrients, since the first time i used it my plants grew like crazy, it seems plants love bpn.

im going to read up on the strain before i harvest to see what thc levels are so i got better idea when to harvest, id say its got like 60% orange hairs now, when i looked yesterday most to all trichs are cloudy so it should be done any time soon.

@canukgal, all im using is compost in the top, no perlite just basic compost, now this is how i water, withing 24 hours the res is empty and im using a big res most people use a smaller res but my res is a whole 2ltr pop bottle with the lid cut off then it is filled up about 3/4 of the way with nutrient solution, so say its empty, ill fill the res up most of the way, then i water from the top as well so the compost gets the nutes as well, so i fill the res so its nearly just below the neck of the top bottle, then i put the 2 pieces together, i then water about half a cup full through the top into the compost, this then flushes anything out the soil and also gives the roots in the growing medium some nutes, i didnt use perlite just used compost on its own and it works perfect,

i hope i answered all the questions, im using 400watt hps for flower now not cfls, i still use the 30watt cfls for veg while these are finishing off,

i have also made a co2 generator as well and thats now in the flower room, and its working so should improve things slightly,

bpn is the way to go these plants love it, the ak47 cross uk cherry cheese is what the hempie is, so i either got lucky and found a strain that loves a hempy grow or all strains will produce results like this, my next 2 x hempies will be a special kush and northern lights cross big bud fem, they are the clones i took from the plants i harvested, so i can see how they like the hempie, but if i can get results like that from 12-12 from seed then i think its worth doing, plus i can try new strains and even take clones from the hempie, so i think thats what ill do as it requires no veg time, i can go 12-12 from seed with fem seed then if i like the strain then i can veg the clones and grow a bigger plant, but i know im getting more off the hempie than i did from the plants i vegd, so im hoping this time ill get decent results off the veg plants as well.

say my pistils are 60 to 75% orange, and my trichs are cloudy would these still be ok to harvest or would it be best to wait till the pistils have all changed colour, at the moment the trichs are all cloudy with the odd one been orange, but not loads so ill wait till i got say 10% orange trichs,

In my opinion, I'd say your good to go. As the plant will continue to develop after you cut them. Are the trichs supposed to turn brown? I thought pistols were supposed to get over half brown and the trichs get like 80% cloudy.

But I haven't gotten to that point yet, so I don't know.

as far as i have red the pistils will turn from white to orange/ brown as they die and shrink back onto the bud, the trichomes are the crystals you can see with microscope or mag glass, now from what i can tell for less of a couch lock affect you want mostly cloudy trichs, but if you wanted more of a couch lock affect then let it go longer and wait for the trichs to start turning orange, now this also varies from strain, so sativas are more day smoke and indica is more of a couch lock, so not sure what the hempie is as its ak47 cross uk cherry cheese,

but by looking with microscope i have got pretty much 100% cloudy trichs with hardly any orange or wilting trichs, i think i found 1 or 2 across the whole of the plant so not many but its pretty much all cloudy, so the pistils are about 60% orange and falling back onto the buds, so as the trichs are cloudy is it time to harvest or should i leave it and let the pistils change more orange first, im in no rush but dont want to risk powdery mildew issues like i had with the kush, and as the buds are more packed in on the hempie im getting concerned, i have seen no signs of pm and the plant looks amazing, its covered in trichs and looks like its been painted on, the leaves are so thick with trichs, theirs going to be loads of trim to keep for hash from this plant, it seems every leaf is covered in trichs, so im super chuffed about that, it has way more than the other plants i did,

so the ak47 cross uk cherry cheese has got pretty much 100% milky trichs, the pistils are 60% orange/brown but their is also still loads of white ones that looks like they are still growing ok, so is it time to harvest this in the next few days or will it go longer, i have not started to flush the hempie yet with clean water so thinking ill start doing that after today as it wont take so long to flush around 3 days im told, so it wont need much flush time, i think what ill do is tomorrow feed it with pure water and see how it goes over a day or 2.

G13 poisen dwarf, this is showing 75% orange pistils, but the trichs are not cloudy and all clear, the trichs on this are alot smaller but well packed in, looks really frosty and smells real citrus like smell, so thinking thats not got long left either, buds have stopped getting bigger and leaves have started to die off so think its coming up to the end of its life, so this will be getting flushed tomorrow also as its pretty much done, not sure why the trichs are still clear though when the pistils are turning orange/brown and leaves are starting to die,

greenhouse seeds auto bomb is now in flower and is starting to form buds, ill put some pics up tomorrow for you all to see,

any ideas on the hempy people, is it done or has it gone more to go, i done see any clear trichs at all, possibly the odd one under a leaf is clear but everything on the buds and tops of leaves is cloudy/milky, im not getting much orange trichs though, if any, all cloudy, im ok to leave it longer i need to flush it so that will be done over the next few days, the buds have stopped putting on weight as far as i can tell, the bigger fan leaves are starting to yellow, so is this hempie nearly done, to me it looks like its nearly done, i want to see a few orange trichs though before i harvest so i know i have left it as long as it needs and the plant is at the end of its flower stage, but this should happen soon i think as all are cloudy now, what do you think, ill try and take some pics using the microscope and let you decide

my co2 generator is going crazy, not sure why, i used a 2ltr pop bottle, filled it 3/4 with hot to warm water, poured in a cup full of sugar and a heaped tea spoon of yeast, i put the lid on while i sorted grow room out and when i undone the lid it fizzed away like a pot bottle that has been shaken up, now i have left the lid on loose so the pressure builds up then is released ive put this by my fan that blows on the plants, and i can see the bubbles going like crazy, coming from the bottle as if it was fizzy pop, wonder how long it will stay like that for, it can only benefit my grow room, plus it would mean i can let the temps get slightly higher, im hoping this increases yield and plant health, i got a big tub about the size of a can of pop for £2 and i only used a heaped tea spoon so ill see how long it lasts, is it best if i take it out when the lights off or can it be left in,

soz about the 3 replies but it wont let me post one big message it keeps telling me something about security is missing to contact admin what ever that means, here is the msg, i got it again when i tried posting this last bit of msg

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.
If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Back
Top Bottom