First DWC Grow

Got journals of those high THC grows? 30% and up is hard to come by around here, I fell in love with it. I had some Wedding Cake that was 38% and some Motor Breath that was 37%. You guys think 30s are possible in soil or only in hydro?
Either would work well. King Tut is supposed to get above 30% this is mine

If you dont want earwax/dirt tasting weed, boil it a few times to loosen up the chlorophyl, sugars and salts from the plant. Just change the water a lot of times (i do it at least three times) and you're good to.

If you want to achieve more than 30% thc with a regular strain just water cure it. The loss of cellulose in the plant will increase the thc concentration by weight, but your buds will get lighter due to lost plant material, so do it just for you because it wont make sense commercially.

Looking good @West Hippie !!

@HungDaddy i urge you to not select strains based on only high thc numbers. They are good but I’ve had some strains that were 10% that knocked them out of the park.

it’s an entourage effect. You need the right mix of all the good things not just high thc.

you don’t judge good wine based solely on what proof it is. Carry this over to cannabis.

happy Tuesday everyone

:Namaste:

@bebecillo

I’ve read about water curing on here a while back. They were doing it to get rid of the cannabis taste for edibles. Have you tried water curing?

@Silverfox125

I’m trying really hard, the tenders at the dispensary tell me the same thing. I won’t buy anything less than 30% but they tell me their personal favorite is, Forbidden Fruit, is only 16%. Do you have a strain you’d recommend?

Got a feeling dwc is gonna be a fun learning experience, so the sick girl has recovered and is about to pass her sister in growth and all I did was add the nutes 2 days ago. My next question has anyone ever used Botanicare? The big sister I noticed some seaweed looking stuff on the roots. Any idea what it is?

Attachments

• 28BEC068-902D-4BCE-81B4-FC61B5C375FC.jpeg
    28BEC068-902D-4BCE-81B4-FC61B5C375FC.jpeg
    424.7 KB · Views: 52
Thanks fox, I’ll look that stuff up. From what i been reading some say it’s algae from lack of air. I wasn’t planning on getting more pumps till later but I guess I’ll need it now. So some form of hydro guard is a must to prevent things like this?
What you think hippie?
I run them both , roots are very important to what comes out on top ! If your roots suffer so does the rest of the gal !
When you get the hydroguard in the bucket you need a Baster to get some of the water and nutrients and the hydroguard and flush the media from above , Because what’s on the roots are sure to be in the media.
Another thing I’m in MegaCrop nutrients at less than $20 a grow I can afford Z7 and Hydroguard! And to get our attention put a @Silverfox125 .

I run them both , roots are very important to what comes out on top ! If your roots suffer so does the rest of the gal !
When you get the hydroguard in the bucket you need a Baster to get some of the water and nutrients and the hydroguard and flush the media from above , Because what’s on the roots are sure to be in the media.
Another thing I’m in MegaCrop nutrients at less than $20 a grow I can afford Z7 and Hydroguard! And to get our attention put a @Silverfox125 .

@West Hippie on here I been seeing a lot of people using h202, instead of hydroguard, you have any experience with this?

@West Hippie on here I been seeing a lot of people using h202, instead of hydroguard, you have any experience with this?
I only use H2O2 to clean the bucket inside and out . I won’t ever put it in the nutrients ! Wiping tent down , cleaning only .

Update: Wednesday night ended up realizing I made a rookie mistake and never checked the PH AFTER I added the nutes. When I did PH was looking like 8.0! Those poor girls. I moved the girl with the brown looking algae into RO water, added a little more nutes, went ahead and added hydrogen peroxide from Walmart (I decided to test it myself) 3ml per gallon, then PHd the water to 5.5-6.0. The smaller girl never got any brown gunk, but just incase I added a couple squirts of hydrogen peroxide in there too then PHd the water. So the smaller girl is still in tap water with 1/8 nutes and a splash of hydro. The dirty girl is in RO water with 3ml/gallon hydro and 1/2 nutes. I took a closer look at the brown goo and it melt in my hand and looks like nutes, it literally looks like the nutes gunking up on the roots. Anyone use botonicare ever experience this? She seems to be growing quicker and greener then before. What do you guys think? The next water change ill be spraying the roots clean with h202 and water, then maybe lowering the nutes to the same as the smaller girl and seeing if that helps.

Attachments

• F2F73FD9-9AB1-44E0-8C1A-93A5E91F7C36.jpeg
    F2F73FD9-9AB1-44E0-8C1A-93A5E91F7C36.jpeg
    737.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 49E363EF-AAE3-47AF-AEB0-E1BB41E074F9.jpeg
    49E363EF-AAE3-47AF-AEB0-E1BB41E074F9.jpeg
    382.7 KB · Views: 53
  • 7D96516B-EACD-4277-9B0D-F2F0BDA6EDAD.jpeg
    7D96516B-EACD-4277-9B0D-F2F0BDA6EDAD.jpeg
    404.7 KB · Views: 59
  • AA5D44B4-3AB9-4B00-9E73-D0127A47D1B2.jpeg
    AA5D44B4-3AB9-4B00-9E73-D0127A47D1B2.jpeg