First Grow, First Journal & Hoping For First Harvest

Apparently I need a more powerful aquarium pump to run the irrigation setup. Me thinks me will just do hand watering for now. I have a bucket with water (bottled) in it and an air pump with oxygen stones in it. I will just use the aquarium pump to fill a bottle or two when I need to hand water. That way it's super oxygenated. I also cut the table legs shorter to allow for future growth height. I also changed the lighting to my DIY quantum lights. Anyone have any input on how far the lights should be from the plants

I have now set up a dehumidifying system. Bought an Inkbird IHC-200 to switch an exhaust fan on. Kicks in when humidity hits 60% and shuts off once humidity drops to 50%. It is user adjustable. I also have a switch for turning on another fan to extract air when temps get to 80 and will shut off at 70. Also user adjustable. And have a switch to turn a heater on when temps drop to 70 and turns off at 78. Again user adjustable. I am toying with the idea of fixing the watering system with less sprinklers to see if that fixes the pressure problem. For now, Hand watering is doing well. Problem is we take a week or so off in March so will need to figure it out soon.

Well 3 of 4 are doing very well. One PK was always a little slower, See pic at bottom. Not too sure when I should start adding nutes. I was told since it's in Fox Farms Ocean Forest it won't need nutes for a month. ??? I will be using C& B grow and Cocotek A & B bloom. Says specially formulated for Coco however at the last minute I went FFOF and it says it can be used in soil as well. Looking to get some koolbloom and diamond nectar. Advice on those ??? Reason for asking is the Cocotek feed chart list them as well. Lights are 46 inches away so almost 4 feet and I am seeing new growth every day. These pics were taken today. In fact all of the pics taken were taken minutes prior to when I posted them. That way you and I can see a progression every two days or so. Regards Ed

Fed them some more. I was wrong on the amount I fed yesterday. It was 1/2 ml of each grow bottle. Today I upped it to 1 ml from each grow bottle. I had to look at a new syringe to see the label. Did I mention I hate self injecting B12 but it has it's upsides in that I can deliver accurate dosing of nutes. The one PK is still looking rather sad but the other 3 are really beginning to shine. I see nodes coming in off the stems. I don't know why one PK would look great and the other not great since they came from the same package and have done everything the same for all plants.

So our plants are now 2 weeks old. PARTY. If anyone has an answer, I have Cocotek grow A and B. I know how to mix them but what about adding some Diamond Nectar to it. I picked up a bottle (1 liter) for 19.00 Canadian. Can't seem to find instructions on how to mix it with the A & B. Do I add it last, First or second. I think I may have figured out the problem with the PK, Old dumbass (me) had the heater aimed a little to near it with airflow. I have since moved it. Nice green coming up the center. Rest of the plants seem to agree with my feeding schedule.

today we are 15 days old. Came up with bottle watering and used 1 ml of grow A and 1 ml of grow B along with 2 ml of Diamond nectar. So far they seem to agree with that feeding. The bottle is a 2 liter Brisk icetea. lol. Got the water device from wish dot com and to look a head. I figure if I harvest 2 lbs. I am looking at 4 thousand cookies.

Nice learn on your own there regarding the heater! Sometimes in grows and life someone Gifts you the answer to your problem(grow) but we learn better when we learn on our own. A friend mentioned wind burn in a video log of his own grow, the next day I saw it in my own. But only when we have heard such things over and over do we simply get it! Cheers, nice work! They look great!

I'm really enjoying this thread, so I'm taking a seat.

I would offer two pieces of advice I'm starting my third grow and it's still a bit tricky in places.

Might start with nutes around week four as you planned. But disregard the the label instructions in the beginning. The best advice I ever got was to mix up 5% solution for the first nute watering. It's easy to calculate 1000ml water 5ml nutes and add 2% every two weeks. As plants grow they need little at first and more as they get taller and wider.

The second advice was drilled into me by members quoting @Emilya watering techniques. Which is great for establishing root ball and intense growing rates. I highly recommend reading it.

With all that said I'm still very much a novice grower and need help myself from time to time. Your girls look great, your lights and irrigation seem to be top notch. All in all very very good. I didn't see anything about fans in your setup, maybe I missed it. It's worth mentioning moving the air enough to shake the leaves a little promotes strong stems and trunks as well as keeping mold at low risk.

Keep up the good work!

I do have two 190 cfm extractor fans along with a monkey fan. post #25 3rd pic down shows it. It is an oscillating fan and draws 16 watts. The two extractor fans are tied or mounted together. Air flow is somewhat diminished as air flows out through the fan. Picture a 5 inch length of ducting between the two fans. That way I only needed to run one duct out of the tent. I will post a pic. I also have a washcloth to stop bugs from coming in the ducting and on the end outside I duct taped a 1 gallon fabric pot to the end to stop bugs from getting into the ducting. I have no carbon filter. I really don't need one as it is legal to grow in Canada.

I
I'm really enjoying this thread, so I'm taking a seat.

I would offer two pieces of advice I'm starting my third grow and it's still a bit tricky in places.

Might start with nutes around week four as you planned. But disregard the the label instructions in the beginning. The best advice I ever got was to mix up 5% solution for the first nute watering. It's easy to calculate 1000ml water 5ml nutes and add 2% every two weeks. As plants grow they need little at first and more as they get taller and wider.

The second advice was drilled into me by members quoting @Emilya watering techniques. Which is great for establishing root ball and intense growing rates. I highly recommend reading it.

With all that said I'm still very much a novice grower and need help myself from time to time. Your girls look great, your lights and irrigation seem to be top notch. All in all very very good. I didn't see anything about fans in your setup, maybe I missed it. It's worth mentioning moving the air enough to shake the leaves a little promotes strong stems and trunks as well as keeping mold at low risk.

Keep up the good work!
Thanks for the advice. Emilya gave a thumbs up so it must be reliable as she is highly regarded on this site. I am way under the 5 ml per 1000 ml. I was going 1 ml to 1.5 ml per 2000 ml's. As the plants are 16 days old now I assume we are in week one since that's about when I started getting the classic leaves. Would it be safe to assume Fridays are the start of a new week. These pics were taken at 1:30 today. I take pics at this time as I get home from work. I can then have a 24 hour time lapse pic for my future grows. lol.

Back
Top Bottom