First Grow In Over 20 Years! Northern Lights Under 600W LED

I did and I overwaited. The THC degraded more than I would have liked and wasn't as potent as I expected it to be.
The biggest plant gave me just over 8 ounces dried so I was happy with the return.

Hmmm…that has me wondering if I am over waiting. That is truly amazing you got over 8 ounces from one plant. I am only in competition with myself so I am happy to know there is that much potential for me to improve. Very inspiring, way to go!!

Just going to throw this out there, in lieu of the trichs how does the bud (big picture) look?

Well to me they look like buds that are ready in the big pics but judge for yourself.

!cid_3a90ca60-7aed-4144-b0b2-5f9f5d4d826f@namprd19_prod_outlook.jpg

!cid_9c618baa-a462-4952-b32a-b7d465a83110@namprd19_prod_outlook.jpg

!cid_9455ae8e-820f-4582-a5b6-bf760068143a@namprd19_prod_outlook.jpg

They look done to me too but I still have quite a few clear trich's so it is hard to say. Also, I am past 12 weeks of budding and the breeder says 8-10 weeks so who knows. I have a pretty busy week this week so I think I will harvest on the weekend. Besides Sauga kept waiting and he figures he went too long with his Pineapple Express.

I don't see any harm in waiting to see if it ever clouds up. It's not like the trichomes are rotting on the vine!

I see your point but then again Sauga feels he missed the boat and went too long and lost potency
from waiting too long and they never went cloudy. I will wait till the weekend and post more trich pics and go from there. It is 14 weeks and one day of budding today.

You can't go by someone else's experience with a completely different strain though. For everyone who thought they cut too late you will find someone who thinks they cut too early.

@MrSauga did you end up with too much amber or what?

I think he ended up with no cloudy only clear no matter how long he waited.

I see your point but then again Sauga feels he missed the boat and went too long and lost potency
from waiting too long and they never went cloudy. I will wait till the weekend and post more trich pics and go from there. It is 14 weeks and one day of budding today.
Correct. I'll finish my answer below
You can't go by someone else's experience with a completely different strain though. For everyone who thought they cut too late you will find someone who thinks they cut too early.

@MrSauga did you end up with too much amber or what?
That is correct Shed. I even had nobodyshere recommend another loupe. The WW I grew out I could clearly see the ambers. On the PE the trichs were tiny and hard to see, but I never saw any ambers...mostly cloudy and a good mix of clear.
I never could see amber. Kept waiting. Got over 90 days and said screw it. The plant slowed down it's drinking 2 weeks prior(at least) to that and kept pumping out white pistils. The mature pistils didn't really curl back into the bud either. The smoke is very couchlock, doesn't last very long, and not all that intense.

I agree with Shed Homer, regarding different strains etc. MrKrip said if you never grew the plant before the only way to tell is through samples, and I know that doesn't help you. :(

Correct. I'll finish my answer below

That is correct Shed. I even had nobodyshere recommend another loupe. The WW I grew out I could clearly see the ambers. On the PE the trichs were tiny and hard to see, but I never saw any ambers...mostly cloudy and a good mix of clear.
I never could see amber. Kept waiting. Got over 90 days and said screw it. The plant slowed down it's drinking 2 weeks prior(at least) to that and kept pumping out white pistils. The mature pistils didn't really curl back into the bud either. The smoke is very couchlock, doesn't last very long, and not all that intense.

I agree with Shed Homer, regarding different strains etc. MrKrip said if you never grew the plant before the only way to tell is through samples, and I know that doesn't help you. :(

All good info Sauga thanks but I still not sure what to do, lol. I have a busy week so on Sat I will post more trich pics and take it from there. I am at day 86 so I am getting close to your 90-day screw it.

If this is a CBD dominant strain I'm not sure how much you would learn from smoking a tester anyway, unless you're used to the effects of smoking CBD strains.

Maybe you could email the breeder to see if you get a response on the no-cloudy issue?

Yes, it is a CBD dominant strain and I don't smoke it so sampling is kind of moot. I actually did fire off an email to the breeder late last week with a pic of their bud I am growing to try and entice them and a trich pic but so far no response.

I appreciate the help and input guys.

Oh I thought you meant because he doesn't smoke. Sorry!
He doesn't smoke? :) I remember he tried a blunt a while back and got ripped. My mem's bad lately, maybe it wasn't Homer.
All good info Sauga thanks but I still not sure what to do, lol. I have a busy week so on Sat I will post more trich pics and take it from there. I am at day 86 so I am getting close to your 90-day screw it.
Actually Homer my info I thought was useless. I was just letting you know that I never did see ambers. I have no idea when to pick a CBD dominant strain.

He doesn't smoke? :) I remember he tried a blunt a while back and got ripped. My mem's bad lately, maybe it wasn't Homer.

Yes, I did Sauga and yes I was totally Medicated, lol. I think I may do that on special occasions in the future some time. :party:

Actually Homer my info I thought was useless. I was just letting you know that I never did see ambers. I have no idea when to pick a CBD dominant strain.

I refuse to say it was useless and appreciate the input as always. :thumb:

Do the dancing clowns makes anyone else's brain but mine start humming the circus melody??
New Trich pics soon to follow....

From today looking more cloudy and ambery. I don't think they have ripened that much in the few days since I checked but they must vary a lot over the plant. But from this I am thinking tomorrow is chop day.
!cid_04b7549d-90d0-4275-9e3e-397798e5d630@namprd19_prod_outlook.jpg

!cid_4da7de98-5ec0-4a0a-9707-8488f03ac960@namprd19_prod_outlook.jpg

!cid_19c11e42-55e2-4ee3-a58c-c6f5e75362d1@namprd19_prod_outlook.jpg

!cid_7694d030-27aa-4759-953f-157099d58a72@namprd19_prod_outlook.jpg

!cid_37597cad-5aba-4d98-85b4-580b81aa2760@namprd19_prod_outlook.jpg

!cid_a560ff07-6194-48cd-8dba-e048e91b3fe2@namprd19_prod_outlook.jpg

Back
Top Bottom