First Indoor Grow

Knife party

I got the seeds from bag and it was nice stuff and unfortunately it's the only way to get seeds where I am.

Strain un-known.
Germination date :14 July
Tap root popped : 12 hrs after putting inc the water.
Light : 4000k 50 watt cob 85 cri
Soil : coca husk and potting mix
Ph 5.8
Temp 22 deg C or 72 F

The results 1.5 weeks in

20190723_230141.jpg

I have to apologize for my camera I will use a better one for more pics in the future.

I think there is two reasons they could be so stretched the first light I was using wasn't good enough or they are stretched because of the strain.

As the plants start to develop I'll put more lights in just didn't want to cook the seedlings.

The plan is to scrog them hight is not a problem as the cupboard is 9' to the roof and 5.5' square and I can do what I like to it to suit the plants.

I will be making a carbon filter exhaust fan to suit the room and rigging the lights over the weekend.

If anyone is happy to help out with advice as I journey through my first grow it would be much appreciated.

Tx Kp

Brilliant thanks for your input guys. I have dropped the lights and I'm about 6" of the plants now started about 3' off them.

Tx Kp
Yer light is 6" above the plants?????

Hope that's a typo

Update

They seemed to stall and look sad one had a nasty looking leaf curl the other went yellow after I lifted the light.
I found out my pH meter was shot I had actually had them around 7 or slightly higher I'll keep using the paper strips for now.

Current off run pH is 6.1 I'll keep trying to push that down
With the fan now running on them and not over watering them no more mould problems.

15644446623398607466226029262463.jpg
15644446901165046479359077618888.jpg
15644447255044880989960418900129.jpg
15644447454525271927337593832054.jpg

I'm happy with the two over the back they are starting to show the roots on the bottom of the pots and I'd say front left is not far behind.
It's the front right one that's bothering me do I try to make it grow or pop another seed it could be because it was the last to pop that it had the most problems with the high pH water any input is much appreciated.

TX Kp

Temp 71
pH 5.8-5.9
Lights 2*50 w cobs one more being hung today
First 2 plants in vege 3rd about a week behind 4 the finally first true leaf set

3 weeks above ground in 3 gal pots

First feed blood and bone 2 table spoons dry amendedand lightly watered in 3 days ago

First light liquid feed mixed nitrogen and molasses measured pH 5.8 + 50 ppm to be given in 2-3 days as the container takes on the grow rooms temp.

IMG_20190811_142229.jpg

Easily 4 x size in a little under a week 5 the node just starting to open up.

IMG_20190811_142236.jpg

This one seems to be bushing up nicely.

I'll let them go a little longer put some more mass on then top and bend them.

IMG_20190811_142239.jpg

I'm home today I'll see how that one goes with no support it's leaning towards the fan hopefully the air movement and shifting directly under the light straightens it up.

IMG_20190811_142354.jpg

IMG_20190811_142258.jpg

Transplant day, I let it lay over a few days ago and put some supports on it to see what happens I plan on training it around the pot to see if it's a good way to deal with the stretch as the stem didn't stiffen up like #1 & 2.

This last week I had and been pretty happy with progress im Keen to see what happens next week at this stage it seems like you can almost see them growing :)

Tx Kp

Heya buddy glad they're finally kickin in for ya :)
Wee question though as I've spotted a potential error.
Is your mix Coco with a little soil
Or soil with a little Coco?

If it's the first option your pH is correct and you want to be throwing as much liquid volume at them as you can .

If it's the second option your pH is way too low and they need a wet/ dry cycle.

2 completely different media so just wanna make sure I'm on the right page before commenting further.

It's predominantly soil (potting mix) with some coco mixed into it.

I am giving them a wet dry cycle at the moment. I was throwing water at them at the start at a higher ph but they really didn't do that well with that. I now water them leave them till the pots feel like there is no water in them them water again most of the time I water them once to twice a week.

Then when they need water daily up pot them the next weekend.

What ph range for my water / nute mix should I be aiming ?

Tx Kp

Ahh yeah there we go. The slow growth at the start was from the watering. You've sussed it now by the sound of it though. Your using Coco pH though.
Want to be going in higher than that mate.
6.3-6.5 would be better. Stop measuring the run off too. It's not a soil growers worry that one. Doesn't tell you anything usefull . Just go in at the right range and the soil will do the rest. :)

Hit the search bar for @ Emilya (no space) there's a thread in her signature that should cover everything you need to know about it :)

I have read some of @ Emilya 's posts which bought about the change in tactic with how I water, I'll go have a look for sure though.

The best guide id seen for dosing your plants with nutes was done in a coco medium so some of what I had been doing was because I've seen it done there.

So when it comes time to flushing in soil do you check the ppm in the run off or it's not applicable same as working out the soil ph ?

I'll stop adjusting the ph down so much my water source at the moment is ranging from 6.1-6.7 but can get over 7 at times.

Tx Kp

I have read some of @ Emilya 's posts which bought about the change in tactic with how I water, I'll go have a look for sure though.

The best guide id seen for dosing your plants with nutes was done in a coco medium so some of what I had been doing was because I've seen it done there.

So when it comes time to flushing in soil do you check the ppm in the run off or it's not applicable same as working out the soil ph ?

I'll stop adjusting the ph down so much my water source at the moment is ranging from 6.1-6.7 but can get over 7 at times.

Tx Kp
Yeah you dont want to be taking advice from coco or hydro growers mate. Literally everything we do is the opposite of what soil needs. Im unfortunately one of those guys so cant be much use to you im afraid. Hence why i pointed you to emilya lol.

Hi KP looks like you’re off to a great start.
(Bagseeds yaaaay :cheer:)
Some of the designer genetics this crew grow are incredible, but you and me know the importance of a seed.

Chuck a link to this journal in your signature so folk can find their way here when you’re cruising around asking questions and generally saying gidday.

Good to see you doing it!
:morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom