First Time 600 Watt Setup

jay low

hello everyone, this is my first thread i'm stoked to try this out, this is a great site everyone seems really helpful, so this is sort of a odd way to start so any advise is welcome. ok to start out with i just got a 60"x60"x78" dr150 tent, i must say i like the tents set up, its got round 4", 6" and rectangle vents ports, it was easy to set up,a second person is helpful towards the end though, for light a 600 watt digital hps/mh, i've got 3 2 bulb 4' t8 that i will put on the edges if need be, so there could be up to 792 watts of light, i probably should have just bucked up and got a 1000 but was worried about spikeing the powerbill, i just put 2 6'' inline fans in the intake is on the bottm the out take is on the ceiling, have a little fan on the light and a 12" fan to move around
now for the fun a friend gave me a rather tall plant that was to big for his area it was 2 weeks into flower so i didin't have spot set up yet and just put it under flo's for a week 24 hours on trying to get it back to veg, its a setiva "love potion" and takes 11 weeks or more to bud, i was thinking of trying to scrog it, i will be getting some rooted hash plant clones from a buddy in a week, i want to bud other plants while i work with the potion so i thought a scrog i could make a 2'x3.5' screen and have the same room for other plants any other ideas?

Re: first time 600 watt set up

Hi jay low - from what I have heard / read up to 2000 watts is usually not a noticeable spike. Sounds like a decent setup. Post some pics to get more responses, we love pics.

Also try splitting your post up into paragraphs next time, makes it much easier to read that one massive blob of text :)

Welcome to 420mag :bong: :peace:

DSCF2078.JPG

DSCF2071.JPG

DSCF2068.JPG

DSCF2076.JPG

DSCF2074.JPG

DSCF2075.JPG

hello, well built a scrog 2'x3.5' 3/4" pvc and some 2" square plastic fenceing, were on 12 12, using botonicare bloom and yeild maximizer, and superthrive, the soil is fox farm, when i get some more starts to put in i was gonna try coco fiber, when the botonicare runs out i might try advanced nutes ant suggestions would be sweet

DSCF2079.JPG

DSCF2070.JPG

DSCF2072.JPG

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, powder mildew, whats the best fix, 1 to 4 skim milk to water, or the crap at lowes (dr shultz)for veggies, i need to hose my air intake from a warmer room, or get a air cleaner, purifier type thing? all research some and toss out some ideas any suggestions are gladley taken, have a happy turkey day to all!:blunt:

used 4 to 1 skim milk water on the powdery mildew, seemed to help, i plan on rigging a air purifer to the intake, hers some pics 2
DSCF21091.JPG
DSCF21061.JPG
DSCF2105.JPG
DSCF2104.JPG
plus weeks into bloom

Nice looking plant bro. I got a question for ya. Is there a reason why you have your screen hung from the tent? I figure that would defeat the purpose of the screen because the plant can just push it up as it grows.

Just want to get an idea of what you are going for. Maybe you are onto something because everything looks to be working out!

:peace:

hi smokey, thats a good question, i hoped the weight of the screen would be enough, so far it seems to but i may have to rig some weights on the corners, i'm excited i should be getting some clones this week and will fabricate a veg tent this week, i'm gonna make it out of pvc pipe and i'm thinking white plastic, we'll see how it goes

Looks really good so far, too bad about the PM. That screen will look real nice full of nugs, hope you can get that issue resolved.

Im jealous of your plant heh looks very promising for a single grow with just a little patience. Good luck with your grow dude, hope it all works out well!

How long was that girl around to get so thick and aged looking. (aged not a bad thing for the plants heh)

the tree is 6 months old, a friend had to many big ones, i got my card and he let my try something interesting, tried to turn it back to veg for two weeks and changed my mind, probably a screw up but i had to get the tent on 12 12, just cut clones from a friend and getting my veg spot set, more pics on the way
DSCF21212.JPG
DSCF21112.JPG
DSCF2110.JPG

She's coming along nicely.

hi all, hope all is well, love this site, love the response, it makes it all the more fun, got somes clones, stoked they are purple, kona, grapefruit, the purple not to sound dumb is purple, make a quick veg clone thing, pvc, white garbage bags and 2 4' 32 watt t8 phillips sunshine bulbs. white shiney plastic is on the way

hello, got some indica clones, a purple, grapefruit, and maui something, i'll try to get the names correct,
i built a veg/clone tent, the plastic bags are only temp, i have some of the thick white shiney plastic coming this week, the damn cat snuck into the tent and already chewed on a few, needless to say the door is shut until i make it more secure
the scog is going ok, i've been trimming the growth underneath the scrog, should i trim some of the buds that are popping up, the growth seems almost to dense,
DSCF2140.JPG
DSCF2144.JPG
DSCF2143.JPG
DSCF21451.JPG
DSCF21471.JPG
DSCF21491.JPG
DSCF21521.JPG
DSCF2153.JPG

Do yourself the favor and wrap that thing in Panda Plastic instead of trashbags lol. The plastic will be way more durable and will contain the light better thent he bags. I like the space though.

Back
Top Bottom