600 Watt Tent Setup Using SSAM #4

Whats up guys?
So I had started a journal somewhere else and there was problems with the site! I like 420M so I decided to popst up here for the remainder of my grow!

My setup is as follows:
GrowLab GL80L 2'7" width 4'11" length x 6'7" height
quantum 600 watt digi ballast with a super sun2 air cooled hood 6"
digilux MH bulb for veg and the eye for flowering
6" gro1 inline fan all insulated ducting 6"carbon filter
4" computer fan for fresh air intake
3 gallon smartpots might do 5's though
SSAM#4 (sunshine advanced mix#4) with a little extra perlite
all drip fed drain to waste!
exhale c02 cultivator

strains:
2 master kush bagseed @34 days
2 agent orange REG @14 days
2 kings kush FEM @14 days
1 dinafem critical+ auto FEM @ 14 days

I am just getting back into this hobby. But I never really understood what I was doing before! I figure with the help of everyone here I could better my chances at achieving a better than average pull! I am going in to this grow with no expectations but would love to have a successful harvest!

I will post some pics of the setup tonight!

Re: 600 watt tent setup using SSAM#4

These are the two Master kush bagseed @ day 31
12-16-2011_31_days_from_seed_005.JPG

Since I found these seeds in a bud from a dispensery will these seeds tend to hermie?

12-16-2011_31_days_from_seed_006.JPG

12-16-2011_31_days_from_seed_007.JPG

I will have the pics of the others when the light comes on but they are not much to look at yet!

Dude I'm digging on the aeration pots, I'm rocking some on a current grow and the girls are just shooting up... I'm stoked to see the root mass at harvest. Looking good so far!

Dude I'm digging on the aeration pots, I'm rocking some on a current grow and the girls are just shooting up... I'm stoked to see the root mass at harvest. Looking good so far!

yeah I really like the smartpots! what kind are you using same ones?

I looked at the plants last night and inspected closely for sex. found a male and a female!
so no hermis...
took the male out and killed it! I wish I had the room so I could have kept it!

But I will have a full update with pics of all the plants tonight!

cheers

Well you got one master kush at least so one will do. If you rub your fingers on the stem of your plant does it make your finger tips smell? When mine were that stage my master kush already had a small skunky smell to it. Man im excited to see another mk on here its nice to be able to compare. your girls are bushy as hell mine was a twig and like 8 leafs when i got my clone. Youll have a nice harvest i bet

Alright quick update! everything has been moved into the tent now.

heres a group shot
dec20_update_003.JPG

the two agent orange
dec20_update_004.JPG

the two kings kush
dec20_update_005.JPG

the critical+ auto
dec20_update_006.JPG

the tops of the master kush
dec20_update_007.JPG

I will try and get an update up every couple of days!

thanks for looking guys.
happy holidays

Yea man your plants are looking great..and you have a way bigger and bushier mk than i started with. Your plants is going to grow into a nice yielding, sticky, stinky, danky plant. Congrats on the great veg stage.sit back and relax bud, your going to be smoking tough in a couple months ;)

I have seen this set up and like it, they have one at my local hydro store and it is about 1200.....where did you get yours, online?? I currently grow in a shed in my back yard but I know my neighbors wonder what the lights are, look forward to following you r progress, I am starting a new crop with Grape Ape and some Purple Kush....Happy Holidays and may they be GREEN...:peace::goodluck:

Yea man your plants are looking great..and you have a way bigger and bushier mk than i started with. Your plants is going to grow into a nice yielding, sticky, stinky, danky plant. Congrats on the great veg stage.sit back and relax bud, your going to be smoking tough in a couple months ;)

Thanks 253chief. yeah man these are bushy as hell I kept the light as close as possible to the t5's after they sprouted 2 inches or so. I topped the master after the 4th node. The setup is super simple and I like it! I did hugo blocks and coco mats before and I like this setup better right now. we will see how they do when I flip to twelve.

I have seen this set up and like it, they have one at my local hydro store and it is about 1200.....where did you get yours, online?? I currently grow in a shed in my back yard but I know my neighbors wonder what the lights are, look forward to following you r progress, I am starting a new crop with Grape Ape and some Purple Kush....Happy Holidays and may they be GREEN...:peace::goodluck:

ebay my friend, ebay!!! i just got myself a 2X4X7 grow tent for 100 bucks =)
then i bought my light hood hangers and bulb from greeners.com for a decent price, it was a package deal 600watt, dimmable hps/mh. then all i needed was a 6" inline fan, some 6" flex ducting, clamps, thermometer and timmers. oh then of course seeds, medium, buckets or pots or netpots, whatever you need for your desired method of growing.

all in all i think i spent 1k on grow tent, then extra on my desired method of growing ;)

good luck! and it sounds like you need to light proof that shed, otherwise you in some trouble!!

:Namaste:

Thanks farmboy! I actually bought everything separate not a package deal so I am not sure! TBH I dont even want to know what I spent right now! My wife was kind of trippin but I didnt want to cut corners and got quality stuff. It was kind of pricey, but well worth it in the end in my eyes. thanks for checkin out the journal.

Nice selection with the grape ape and the purple kush. Love the purples.:Namaste:

Day 35 from seed LST treatment to keep the canopy even with the other plants. I should have never started the seeds at different times but they were just bagseed and wanted to test out the setup for a couple weeks before I burned my $$$ on beans.
before
dec20_update_007.JPG

after
dec21_1st_LST_MASTER_001.JPG

closer look
dec21_1st_LST_MASTER_002.JPG

I am gong to check out the tent...I have light proofed since my first crop and quite frankly the sheriff dept said as long as you have 6 or less they don;t give a crap.......but you are correct I don;t need the hassle, I have put milar and sealed up the cracks. I have about 50K lumens when I go 12...with my light set up...I think the main thing I need now is better venting to cut down on any possibility of mold or mild dew..I am going to do a journal this time...thanks for the info ..Have a green one..:peace::goodluck:

right on man! getting the ventilation and lighting just right is really important I think. Im no pro. but when the space is well ventilated and the light is not burning the plants your good to go. The air inside is moving constantly and I almost want to jump in there it feels soo good. lol

peace man

Yea, i have been working on this for 1 yr and grow outside in the summer but I am close to having it down good, some of my patient friends think I have been to the dispensary, with some of my indoor stuff. I really like the pruning you have done and just got a book called Secrets of the West Coast Masters, and it uses the same method...yours look really good compared to others I have seen...I am really looking forward to learning more about this. I have been growing for years off the grid but now i can and have been really working on coming up with something better than you can buy...I us to have a farm in Virginia...now live in CA ... Have a green one...:peace::high-five:

Back
Top Bottom