600 Watt Tent Setup Using SSAM #4

I use the Hanna combo Hi98130, love it. Please feel free to ask me anything, and i shall try to answer it.

Thanks for the help mark!

It seems to be working fine but I was having problems for a a minute there!
I have the hanna HI 98129 I think the little handheld combo meter.
What conversion do you use? I guess it really isnt that important it just helps me know what I am feeding the plants.
:Namaste:

first off happy new year. I am actually born in new york, upstate in saratoga springs, but living in santa cruz for 10yrs i developed a loving bond with ppl in general and i address all my bredren as mate or brother instinctually. When watering plants in soil it is always iffy. my moms are in soil and seem to always be dealing with some kind of unhappiness. my hydro ALWAYS happy. If ur grow room is around 80 degrees i find it to be best, it is warm enough to keep the soil slightly warm and the plants really use the water and nutes up. u can feed more, while if ur room is colder they store way more water and if u feed too much they get overwatered and start to turn yellow. i found myself liking the grodan cubes alot more cause they auto drain and it is alot harder to over water. try poking some holes in the sides of the bags to promote air to the root zone. all in all they look healthy to me, it is always a bit slower when starting from seeds. i always prefer clones over seeds unless i am trying to establish a new mom and then i will start like 10 seeds and see the best one to keep for mom.

first off happy new year. I am actually born in new york, upstate in saratoga springs, but living in santa cruz for 10yrs i developed a loving bond with ppl in general and i address all my bredren as mate or brother instinctually. When watering plants in soil it is always iffy. my moms are in soil and seem to always be dealing with some kind of unhappiness. my hydro ALWAYS happy. If ur grow room is around 80 degrees i find it to be best, it is warm enough to keep the soil slightly warm and the plants really use the water and nutes up. u can feed more, while if ur room is colder they store way more water and if u feed too much they get overwatered and start to turn yellow. i found myself liking the grodan cubes alot more cause they auto drain and it is alot harder to over water. try poking some holes in the sides of the bags to promote air to the root zone. all in all they look healthy to me, it is always a bit slower when starting from seeds. i always prefer clones over seeds unless i am trying to establish a new mom and then i will start like 10 seeds and see the best one to keep for mom.

Thanks for the advice and a happy new year to you as well. Yeah my environment in there is pretty much right on target. And I think when I measured the runoff one time the ph was super low and the EC was off the charts. I think I flushed too fast and the salt buildup lowered my ph and when I checked it it was in the 4's. so I over reacted and flushed with ro phd to 6.5 and both the kings kush didnt like that very much. I dont know though I still consider myself a noob even though I have pulled a couple decent harvests in the past. I have been into gardening since I was younger so I know what the plants need but with this precious herb I over react and treat it so delicately.

thanks for the advice though bruddah:thanks:
I like your setup man it is so cool to look at from the top
everything is soo uniform in your garden! :bravo:
Oh and +rep

hey man, thanks alot and keep up the good work. i learned a while ago that growing in soil is always questionable? really slow in the beginning but once those roots start going ur good to go. I really like hydro and as long as u are on top of the watering u are good to go. my plants have grown 20 inches in 3 weeks in bloom and are soo huge now. i thought i would get around 3lbs but now i am thinking around 4lbs. ur plants look real good. I would presonally top them soon and start the bottoms growing up faster. Once the bottoms grow to the top u will have more tops. Hence seeing my garden, they are all topped and the lower branches grew up to match the tops. I am expecting around 100 tops at a quarter each or more. it will be great and i cant wait to top some charts with the final weigh in. keep it up brother, i love to see to see the seed grows. i just dont have the patience for them myself.
happy new years..,....

hey man, thanks alot and keep up the good work. i learned a while ago that growing in soil is always questionable? really slow in the beginning but once those roots start going ur good to go. I really like hydro and as long as u are on top of the watering u are good to go. my plants have grown 20 inches in 3 weeks in bloom and are soo huge now. i thought i would get around 3lbs but now i am thinking around 4lbs. ur plants look real good. I would presonally top them soon and start the bottoms growing up faster. Once the bottoms grow to the top u will have more tops. Hence seeing my garden, they are all topped and the lower branches grew up to match the tops. I am expecting around 100 tops at a quarter each or more. it will be great and i cant wait to top some charts with the final weigh in. keep it up brother, i love to see to see the seed grows. i just dont have the patience for them myself.
happy new years..,....

I cant wait to see the final results on your grow. how many plants and how many lights do you run?

All plants are topped but they are still pretty young. my one big bush is at 47 days from seed and all the others are at 28 days from seed! once the younger ones are at day 35 I am going to start flowerin. so this week they will get a light veg/bloom transition mix and then next week they will start the bloom program.

Yeah I plan on taking the agent orange and keeping a mother from the clones I take off her if its a her.lol

I will be moving into a house in june and that is when I will begin my closed grow w/c02. I will also be doing the the hugo blocks on top of coco mat w/drip feed irrigation . I might even do slabs. do you just use the 6" blocks? do you prefer drip over ebb and flow? My friends table he uses both drip and ebb on top of the coco mat and he has excellent results.

How do I get people to follow this? I was hoping to get a little more help!
Am I doing this wrong?

Well I am subbed.. Looks to be a good grow to watch and learn from.

This is kind of like moving into a new neighborhood. Ya gotta hang out and make yourself accessable..... Come over to my place and few others in the neighborhood check out my digs and comment on my grow. The more grows you visit and participate in, the more people will come to your grow.

I am following about 12 grows start to finish and comment in each of them. THose same people come to my grow to check things out.

Just like the 'hood brother.

Great job by the way! THe plants look great! I've been thinking about buying some smart pots liket those you have.

Well I am subbed.. Looks to be a good grow to watch and learn from.

This is kind of like moving into a new neighborhood. Ya gotta hang out and make yourself accessable..... Come over to my place and few others in the neighborhood check out my digs and comment on my grow. The more grows you visit and participate in, the more people will come to your grow.

I am following about 12 grows start to finish and comment in each of them. THose same people come to my grow to check things out.

Just like the 'hood brother.

Great job by the way! THe plants look great! I've been thinking about buying some smart pots liket those you have.

Thanks for the kind words 1970'sG!

I just get impatient sometimes, and want to make sure I am doing things right. I have a couple issues, and I am trying to refrain from overreacting and doing the wrong thing. lol.

I will definitely get involved more in the forum I like it here.
Its just finding the time. I work too much, and when I dont work Im surfing.

The smart pots are the shit. I really like the drainage they provide and the porosity for the oxygen so those roots can breathe!!!

happy new year may it be fruitful and frosty

Whats up Shottafire!! excellent journal so far, great details and your plants and setup look really good.... your actually running the same size tent as I am...love my 2x4 tent.... I'm only on my 2nd grow, but well read so I will try to help out with what I can...

I see that your looking for some more growing techniques...look into Scrog... perfect for the 2x4 tent...I did one and pulled over 1lb my first grow with 6 plants...

The ph meter..do you have calibration solution for it? I find that my Hanna slides off about every 3-4 weeks and needs to be re calibrated...

I read thru your journal quickly but got the overall of what you are doing and seem to be on track and well read!! awesome job!! That Master Kush is bushy as F$$K!!! great job with the LST!!

@Icemud Thank you for the kind words. I am stoked to have you aboard! Thats a nice pull for your first harvest man. I would love to hit half that. I think I can. Yeah I like the idea of scrog and will look into it. The real fun will begin when I move into flowering this weekend on the 7th. +rep for helping a brother out

@Mark Green Yeah I calibrate once a week and use the sorage solution too. It has been working perfectly ever since my mishaps with it!

1-2-2012 update.

Today is exactly week 7 or day 49 from seed for my master.
And all the others are at week 4 day 29 from seed.

Here is a group shot of the tent filling in nicely except for these damn kings kush.
Agent Orange on the left kings kush middle and master kush front right critical + auto back right.
update_1-2-2012_003.JPG

The top and front of the master
update_1-2-2012_007.JPG

update_1-2-2012_014.JPG

Agent orange is my favorite in the tent so far. I have one confirmed female and the other looks to be female too but not totallty sure yet.
update_1-2-2012_012.JPG

Kings kush not my favorite right now. It is just dragging along but I have no choice but to start flowering soon. Is this normal to have such pale leaves. I will check the runoff tomorrow when they are being watered. something isnt right.
update_1-2-2012_013.JPG

The auto I am not even going to update anymore Im considering tossing this thing to give me some more room in there for these girls to bush out some more.

Thanks all for lookng. things should be getting interesting real soon.:Namaste::roorrip:

I had similar bleaching/limeyness on new growth when I moved from veg to flower. If you have been veg'ing a long time this can happen too.

It could be sulpher deficient but doubtful.

Those are the two items that I know of to cause the symptoms. I tend to think its just at the age where its looking for shorter days.

Lookin good man, ive had a slight yellowing problem while switching to flower before also, but check the p.h. of your media...
:thanks: JDUB
I will check the runoff next feed. but I have gradually upped the ph in my nutes over the last week and they seem to be doing better every day! leaves are reaching for the light so that is a good sign!
thanks again for chiming in! it is always appreciated.

I had similar bleaching/limeyness on new growth when I moved from veg to flower. If you have been veg'ing a long time this can happen too.

It could be sulpher deficient but doubtful.

Those are the two items that I know of to cause the symptoms. I tend to think its just at the age where its looking for shorter days.
They are doing better everyday! Thanks for the help 70's grower!
since they go into flower on saturday how do i change to the bloom nutes all at once or should I gradually increase bloom nutes and decrease grow nutes?

The ladies are looking great Shotafire!! but I would recommend letting them go 1 more week in veg before flowering...that extra week will really make a difference now that they are well rooted and growing fast.... A larger base to bud on gives bigger buds...plain and simple...

The ladies are looking great Shotafire!! but I would recommend letting them go 1 more week in veg before flowering...that extra week will really make a difference now that they are well rooted and growing fast.... A larger base to bud on gives bigger buds...plain and simple...

@Icemud

yeah I would like to let them veg a little longer now since I took the auto over to my friends grow. Now I have the room but there is one problem. I am leaving to maui on the 21 of this month so I wanted to be there for the first two weeks of flowering so I can control my canopy as best as I can to maintain an even light spread. do you think I could get away with letting them veg until the beginning of feb! That would put my large plant at almost three months veg in a 5 gallon. would that be enough? my others are in threes right now and they will be around 9 weeks veg in the beginning of february.

I would like your input on what you think I should do. and what size smartpots should I finish them in or is the three gallon sufficient for a 9 week veg? should I move the older one from a 5 to a 7 gallon smartpot?

It really sucks but my wife is learning from what I teach her and she will be taking care of the babies while I am in maui surfing!

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I will have an update tonight with pics it looks nice and green in there!
:420:

Usually there is a feeding schedule for "transition" from veg to flower. If not most would just use the bloom schedule. Bloom schedules are usually just less N. If you start seeing yellow on the bottom and middle of plant then N is needed.

Your plants will tell you what they want.

Have fun in Maui

Usually there is a feeding schedule for "transition" from veg to flower. If not most would just use the bloom schedule. Bloom schedules are usually just less N. If you start seeing yellow on the bottom and middle of plant then N is needed.

Your plants will tell you what they want.

Have fun in Maui

Thanks 1970's G!!!

I am planning on letting them go another couple of days! one low strength nutrient flush and start the transition feed schedule at half strength! I always wait to see what they want! I listen to them and try not to give them excess food! I want them to work for those nutes!

Back
Top Bottom