Fudo's Spring Organic Sativa Grow

Really sweet looking buds! Healthy flowers despite the aggravating little buggers. My 1st full sativa (Thai x Jamaican) has started flowering out in the greenhouse. Yay!
Stay stoneder!

Hi Fudo, next grow try watering all your soil with bt water before using the soil. For some reason if I get a few gnats I start with it early. After the original surge of them dies off they don't stay but for a few and that seems to be fine. Good luck!
Will do Otter! How’s it go, an ounce of prevention…

Really sweet looking buds! Healthy flowers despite the aggravating little buggers. My 1st full sativa (Thai x Jamaican) has started flowering out in the greenhouse. Yay!
Stay stoneder!
Thanks Fred, they’re hanging in there. I’ll be sure to watch your grow. I intend on doing this again asap (gotta get it right).

Day 108, day 44 of flower

I think pure water was the right move and doubling the strength of the bits wasn’t a bad idea either. I also backed the lights off yesterday enough to bring the hottest part of the room down to 83F when it’s warm outside.

They all seem slightly happier and are swelling and growing pistils. All but the right side MP, I can’t tell what’s up with her. If she’s growing at all it’s very slow.

924AB800-F8E6-45F2-B762-A5F4F7DB5277.jpeg
AFCE6DBE-BB26-483A-8926-F4E5CA42AD17.jpeg
AC3ED2A3-19F1-4FEF-AB52-4AEE52E5452B.jpeg
82BAEED4-DE7A-4FD6-97D5-3462A824A56C.jpeg
A88A2FA8-A4B4-476A-9EBE-E785BAAD99A9.jpeg

It’s a lot greener underneath, fn bugs.
1E69C3E2-C536-4DF1-AFA5-5FBB913BF58C.jpeg

Day 109, day 45 of flower

The two Malawi/Panama are still drinking plenty of water but I’ll be surprised if they make it. The rate of yellowing hasn’t really slowed down and they have a long way to go.

On the bright side, the B2 only has a week or so left so she should make it. The Hulkberry buds look great, it’ll be a shame if they don’t make it. I’m still kicking myself for complacency.

Inspector almost bit me when she saw it.

B2

A60BAB90-C005-4D2C-9765-8957EB4F3C8C.jpeg
17E73F0D-39B4-4D08-8A12-F9ABE00129A6.jpeg
1C40ADFD-AE8B-4874-92B1-F6E584B62938.jpeg

Hulkberry
5A3D38E0-878C-421E-9D57-3E93BC07F229.jpeg
E4BFD2D7-8291-4413-90EB-73418A24BB0F.jpeg
1A864AA1-E311-4124-B552-58B4BA6908EF.jpeg

Malawi/Panama
A57CC946-19E3-4C13-9D19-CC0A7711EC24.jpeg
3D641909-8024-4A5B-8B87-6E81A681CC85.jpeg
C295DC43-99C0-4BE9-8C56-230A34AE0EF5.jpeg
C69E786A-88A0-4402-86B5-821DCA809A2A.jpeg

Buds look good Fudo you got some buds look solid, try to hold brother you're almost there. Have you put some thought to what could have started the the yellowing?
Thanks danish, I’m holding on for dear life! Lol.

So yeah I have. The center of the room got infested in veg before I noticed (complacency). The larvae reeked havoc on the roots before I got control of it, if I ever did. This led to root problems and lockout which led to all kinds a shxt. At least that’s the theory I’m going on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks danish, I’m holding on for dear life! Lol.

So yeah I have. The center of the room got infested in veg before I noticed (complacency). The larvae reeked havoc on the roots before I got control of it, if I ever did. This led to root problems and lockout which led to all kinds a shxt. At least that’s the theory I’m going on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I don’t have much expertise when it comes to recovering root damage, I’ve had root damage before but never knew how to make it better.

Would you consider rooting hormone and water?

I don’t have much expertise when it comes to recovering root damage, I’ve had root damage before but never knew how to make it better.

Would you consider rooting hormone and water?
I’ll consider anything at this point lol.

I’ll consider anything at this point lol.

So I'm thinking, If some of the roots are compromised... If you put the rooting hormone to kinda spark the birth of new roots? assuming that what ever has eaten the roots creating the damage/lockout is dead or undercontrol, otherwise it could just create new roots to be eaten again?

Thats what I would try to do If i had this situation. I have never tried this, but certanly would if ever comes the time. Rooting hormone shouldnt do any harm.

Looking at the plants, like Shed said there is still green in there, so the plant is still doing photosynthesis and should be fine.

So I'm thinking, If some of the roots are compromised... If you put the rooting hormone to kinda spark the birth of new roots? assuming that what ever has eaten the roots creating the damage/lockout is dead or undercontrol, otherwise it could just create new roots to be eaten again?

Thats what I would try to do If i had this situation. I have never tried this, but certanly would if ever comes the time. Rooting hormone shouldnt do any harm.

Looking at the plants, like Shed said there is still green in there, so the plant is still doing photosynthesis and should be fine.
Makes sense to me. I’ll ponder it, but like you said, I could just be growing larvae food lol.

Interesting! Though I've only found info on root stimulators rather than hormones:

"It's important to note that root stimulants are not exactly the same thing as rooting hormones. Rooting hormones are designed for growing new plants from cuttings (plant propagation). Many kinds of plants can be created in this fashion by taking a piece of a healthy one, applying rooting hormone and planting the cutting in prepared soil. Root stimulators are made to be applied to existing roots, but many gardeners do use root stimulants for cuttings. Be sure you've purchased the right one before you get started.

Before using the stimulator for the first time, be sure to read the label for instructions. As a guideline, you should apply root stimulator soon after planting or transplanting; add 1 pint of the product for every gallon of water. For established plants, mix in 3 1/2 tablespoons per gallon. For smaller plants up to 1 foot tall, use only 1 pint of mixed solutions; larger plants up to 4 feet can take about 3 pints, and use 1 gallon for taller ones. Then, all you have to do is slowly pour the mixture around the plant’s root zone.

Stimulator for Potted Plants and Trees

Potted plants can also reap the benefits of root stimulators depending on the type of plant in question. Determine how much soil is in the container and pour in 1/2 cup of mixed solution for every quart. As an example, a 5-gallon planter holds 14 quarts of soil, so you would need 7 cups of root stimulator solution."

I'm going with yes. See if you can get a pic from the same angle at the same time every day for three of four days and see if it's still spreading as quickly.
I’ve been kinda doing that but I’ll pay closer attention.

Back
Top Bottom