GDB's Thanksgiving Harvest

Hello again grow gang!

I was anxious to smash some of the Pineapple Express while it's fresh so that's what I did!

It did not disappoint.

I smashed 5g at 190F using 120 micron bags and got this:
P Express 1st smash 5g.jpg

And an amber colored glop of rosin:
PE 1st smash rosin.JPG

I haven't had a chance to try any yet. I really need to get my @Mile HIGH Cleaner because my main dab device is filthy and my secondary devices are filthier than the primary. :straightface:

Trying some now would tell me nothing about this particular pull. I need clean gear. But I'll get to it as soon as I can!

-----------

Key word: "wait."

It's a rather long one but I knew that going in! :Rasta:

I've never paid attention to the possible difference Stone. I will keep that in mind with this bunch.

Thanks Stunger. They smashed nice! :Rasta:

-----------

I'm out!

PEACE.
I so want a press, OMG look at that rosin! 🤤

My next grow is with Herbies, and it's gonna be Purple Punch, Parent strain to Mimosa, and I guess upon further inspection Purple Tahoe and man, oh man, what showcase of what Purple Punches lineage is, and can become, just wow, GDP!

Best Regards,
Darade.

The green fern completely distracts from the lack of green on the PE, so excellent framing of that pic. Can't tell in the silhouette shot and then it's trimmed...boom, problem solved.

The buds look solid and sparkly and worth the 88 days of wonder, and wondering when Thanksgiving would finally arrive.

:welldone: GDB! Congrats on putting this grow to bed jars.
Thanks Shed! Thanksgiving is here!

Time to get the leftovers out of the freezer.

Well congratulations GDB you may have missed the projection but you ran all the way to the finish.
Done Deal:passitleft:
Thanks Nev!

Amazing grow and congratulations on the harvest!

What holiday are we aiming for with the next one? 😉 😂
LMAO Lootz!

No holiday target for the next grow, just a day that ends in "y". :)

nice, GDB, sparkly chunkies 🎉

Well it is Groundhog Day is it not? ❄️
Thanks Carmen.

Is it Groundhog Day, or was that yesterday...or tomorrow?

I thought that the grove bags meant this was not necessary. I've been attracted to them for that reason. I haven't tried them yet because the popular sizes sell out quickly.
That's what they say Carmen.

I can say the first ones I bought did not work as advertised. The RH would drop over time without a humidity pack enclosed. But I believe the first bags I bought were bogus, some sort of knock-off sold on the Spaceguy's site.

The one's I've bought since then I got directly from the manufacturer's site and they are of much higher quality (thicker plastic and much better zip seals). They may work as advertised but I'm stuck on using the humidity packs as a safety net.

Congratulations on the harvest and the squishing. Nothing like having rosin around so many uses .
Thanks Hippie! Rosin does open up a lot of possibilities!

I so want a press, OMG look at that rosin! 🤤

My next grow is with Herbies, and it's gonna be Purple Punch, Parent strain to Mimosa, and I guess upon further inspection Purple Tahoe and man, oh man, what showcase of what Purple Punches lineage is, and can become, just wow, GDP!

Best Regards,
Darade.
I'm sure you'll get one in due time Darade. Save up for at least a 6 ton. Don't settle on the 4 ton like I did! :)

Hello growers.

After 29 days in the fridge and 5 days in a burping bag I've at last got the Purple Dream down to 61% RH. I bagged her up today in a Grove bag.

In the end she weighs only 97 grams dried, but she's a nice 97! The sativa influence of the Blue Dream side shines through, leaving me wide-eyed and attentive but buzzing at the same time! The taste is not bad for un-cured buds, leading me to think that I'll really enjoy this one in about two months.

P Dream dried 2-19-23 RH61.jpg

------------

The Purple Tahoe was fridged 2 days after this one so she's not far behind.

Thanks for your time.

PEACE.

After 29 days in the fridge and 5 days in a burping bag I've at last got the Purple Dream down to 61% RH. I bagged her up today in a Grove bag.

In the end she weighs only 97 grams dried, but she's a nice 97! The sativa influence of the Blue Dream side shines through, leaving me wide-eyed and attentive but buzzing at the same time! The taste is not bad for un-cured buds, leading me to think that I'll really enjoy this one in about two months.
Great job GDB, looks and sounds delightful!

Another one in the bag!
The taste is not bad for un-cured buds, leading me to think that I'll really enjoy this one in about two months.
Fridge dried is the best! I did it once, then I donated my pot extra fridge to my son...but even slowing the initial dry time down from 6 to 12 days makes a big difference in the taste...

Legit question, GDB- Does that good taste stay with the rosin when you squish it, or is most of the taste from the vegetation in the bud, so the rosin is kind of "neutral" tasting?
(I've never tried rosin, so I don't know)

Back
Top Bottom