GDB's Thanksgiving Harvest

So my last "Thanksgiving Harvest" plant is down...a mere 69 days after Thanksgiving!
Missed it by that much... 🤏

Congrats, GDB! -there'a a lot of weed on that little lady!

Hello growers.

At last I can report on the chop of the Pineapple Express on her Flip + 88!

First let me say that during the few years that I've been growing I've learned to kinda' ignore the condition of the fan leaves near the end of my grows. I did this out of necessity because most of my plants have looked like crap (leaf-wise) by the end.

The PE fits right into that pattern. She went from what I thought was a fairly pretty plant about 3 weeks ago to a butt-ugly plant now. Most of her fans are either gone or dried up/done.

But my focus was on the buds! 👀

So without regrets:

Pineapple Express OBIT pic:
PE END 2-1-23 F88.jpg

Silhouette Pic:
PE END silhoulette 2-1-23 F88.jpg

And after a trim:
PE END trimmed 2-1-23 F88.jpg

Her buds are heavy, hard and sticky (512g wet for a fairly small plant):
PE END bud 2-1-23 F88.JPG

And frosty:
PE END close-up 2-1-23 F88.JPG

And finally, a few trich pics on her last day:
PE trich 2-1-23 F88.jpg

PE trich1 2-1-23 F88.jpg

PE trich2 2-1-23 F88.jpg

I usually like to wait for a little more amber, but there didn't seem to be an upside to letting this plant go for any longer.

I think I may have fried her leaves with the Roots Organics Bloom Booster by either using too much (doubtful) or starting them to soon (more likely). It was my first time using it so I'm not sure.

But hey, I'm living and learning here.

So my last "Thanksgiving Harvest" plant is down...a mere 69 days after Thanksgiving! :)

I sincerely thank those of you who had the patience to follow along!

PEACE

Hello growers.

At last I can report on the chop of the Pineapple Express on her Flip + 88!

First let me say that during the few years that I've been growing I've learned to kinda' ignore the condition of the fan leaves near the end of my grows. I did this out of necessity because most of my plants have looked like crap (leaf-wise) by the end.

The PE fits right into that pattern. She went from what I thought was a fairly pretty plant about 3 weeks ago to a butt-ugly plant now. Most of her fans are either gone or dried up/done.

But my focus was on the buds! 👀

So without regrets:

Pineapple Express OBIT pic:
PE END 2-1-23 F88.jpg

Silhouette Pic:
PE END silhoulette 2-1-23 F88.jpg

And after a trim:
PE END trimmed 2-1-23 F88.jpg

Her buds are heavy, hard and sticky (512g wet for a fairly small plant):
PE END bud 2-1-23 F88.JPG

And frosty:
PE END close-up 2-1-23 F88.JPG

And finally, a few trich pics on her last day:
PE trich 2-1-23 F88.jpg

PE trich1 2-1-23 F88.jpg

PE trich2 2-1-23 F88.jpg

I usually like to wait for a little more amber, but there didn't seem to be an upside to letting this plant go for any longer.

I think I may have fried her leaves with the Roots Organics Bloom Booster by either using too much (doubtful) or starting them to soon (more likely). It was my first time using it so I'm not sure.

But hey, I'm living and learning here.

So my last "Thanksgiving Harvest" plant is down...a mere 69 days after Thanksgiving! :)

I sincerely thank those of you who had the patience to follow along!

PEACE.
some nice chuncky bud you got there looks good

Hello all.

I want to let everyone know about the status of the harvests.

The Purple Dream was put into the fridge in (cheesecloth topped) jars on Jan 16th. The Purple Tahoe got the same treatment on the 18th.

Neither is near ready but they are making progress towards their "slow" dry. All of the jars look like they're only half as full as they were when they first went in the fridge.

The Pineapple Express that I took down 3 days ago is still in the fridge in one big paper bag. I've been taking the branches out daily (after sunset) and putting them on the back porch table under a ceiling fan. It's a PITA, but the air in my house is dry this time of year so I'm trying to dry them "slow and not so slow."

About what comes next. I hope I'm posting the info. below with reasonably reliable hygrometer readings.

The droughted Grandaddy Blacks have been bagged in Grove bags. The top buds (the big'uns), which seemed quite dry at takedown, were bagged on Jan. 26th. It's in a 2oz. bag.

It shot back up to 70% RH after being bagged. I had put a humidity pack in there but quickly took it out. Over the last few days she's been coming down steadily with daily (sometimes twice) burps. She not sits at 65%.

The mid-range buds went into a 4oz. bag on the 28th. They've been sitting at 62% for four days now with two humidity packs in the bag. I like!

The low growing smaller buds went into a 2oz. bag, also on the 28th. They've been holding at 59% for about 4 days with one humidity pack in the bag.

At some point I'm gonna' have to buy a big humidifier for winter drying in this house. Or maybe another fridge! :)

Thanks for your time.

PEACE.

(sometimes twice) burps. She not sits at 65%.
I thought that the grove bags meant this was not necessary. I've been attracted to them for that reason. I haven't tried them yet because the popular sizes sell out quickly.

I thought that the grove bags meant this was not necessary. I've been attracted to them for that reason. I haven't tried them yet because the popular sizes sell out quickly.
Once the bud is dried the Grove bags will keep them in the 58-62% range, no need for burping. You still need to get them dried first, though.

Hello all.

Here's a quick update on the status of my harvested plants.

The Pineapple Express that I took down 3 days ago is still in the fridge in one big paper bag. I've been taking the branches out daily (after sunset) and putting them on the back porch table under a ceiling fan. It's a PITA, but the air in my house is dry this time of year so I'm trying to dry them "slow and not so slow."
The PE has been sitting in Grove bags for a few days now holding steady at 59% RH. My little "slow and not so slow" experimental drying method worked out. I may have taken them a bit too far, but it worked out!

I ended up with 153 grams of dried buds.
PE dried 2-9-23.jpg

The Purple Dream and Purple Tahoe are still jarred and drying in the fridge (since Jan. 16 & 18, respectively -- ho hum). I last checked them a few days ago and both are sitting around 70% RH. They'll be done within a week or so.

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.

Hello again grow gang!

I was anxious to smash some of the Pineapple Express while it's fresh so that's what I did!

It did not disappoint.

I smashed 5g at 190F using 120 micron bags and got this:
P Express 1st smash 5g.jpg

And an amber colored glop of rosin:
PE 1st smash rosin.JPG

I haven't had a chance to try any yet. I really need to get my @Mile HIGH Cleaner because my main dab device is filthy and my secondary devices are filthier than the primary. :straightface:

Trying some now would tell me nothing about this particular pull. I need clean gear. But I'll get to it as soon as I can!

-----------

Doing nicely so far, and I can't wait to see how the low and slohum buds come in!
Key word: "wait."

It's a rather long one but I knew that going in! :Rasta:
I want to try fridge drying one day. Sounds tasty!
Harvest is beautiful!
I've never paid attention to the possible difference Stone. I will keep that in mind with this bunch.
Pineapple Express sounds good, I hope they smoke great too.
Thanks Stunger. They smashed nice! :Rasta:

-----------

I'm out!

PEACE.

Hello all.

Here's a quick update on the status of my harvested plants.

The PE has been sitting in Grove bags for a few days now holding steady at 59% RH. My little "slow and not so slow" experimental drying method worked out. I may have taken them a bit too far, but it worked out!

I ended up with 153 grams of dried buds.
PE dried 2-9-23.jpg

The Purple Dream and Purple Tahoe are still jarred and drying in the fridge (since Jan. 16 & 18, respectively -- ho hum). I last checked them a few days ago and both are sitting around 70% RH. They'll be done within a week or so.

Thanks for looking in.

PEACE.
Amazing results man excellent work

Back
Top Bottom