Golfer420 - Crop King Seeds Jack Herer - Soil - LED/CFL - Grow 3

I had to shuffle my plans a bit today. Turns out someone is coming to the house tomorrow and I was told that the colas hanging in the closet had to go because they smelled up the house! When I first felt them I thought they had dried too much and was going to hang them in the garage. I didn't want to hang them under the lights with J2 so I trimmed all the buds, probably earlier than I should have.

Realizing they were still a bit damp, I figured I would experiment. Half the buds I pushed together to make them more compact. I put them in the jar and will open them as often as I can to breath. The others (including the nice buds) I put in a paper bag and put into the tent with J2.

Once I get home tomorrow, I will throw the ones in the tent back into the closet. Depending on how the humidity on the ones in the jars, I may take them out.

Here is a picture of them all trimmed. Total weight went from 190g to 41.1g. All said and done we'll be close to my 1z prediction. Not bad for a 30x18x30 space :high-five:

J2 is still looking good. Leaves definitely perked up and I am contemplating another watering. She will be a huge pile of popcorn bud compared to J1 but after smoking some tonight - I don't really care what it looks like :circle-of-love:

Thanks for the compliments and stopping by :Namaste:

IMG_43773.JPG

Hi Golfer,

That's a nice looking plate! I am growing the CKS auto fem mix, so I have no idea what I have in my tent. I have one that looks a lot like yours and it smells like Lemons. I am hoping it is a Jack. Did yours smell like Lemons?

I thought the surprise of not knowing what was in the autofem mix would be cool, but it is actually more annoying. I don't think I will even be able to tell when they are ready for harvest.

I had to shuffle my plans a bit today. Turns out someone is coming to the house tomorrow and I was told that the colas hanging in the closet had to go because they smelled up the house! When I first felt them I thought they had dried too much and was going to hang them in the garage. I didn't want to hang them under the lights with J2 so I trimmed all the buds, probably earlier than I should have.

Realizing they were still a bit damp, I figured I would experiment. Half the buds I pushed together to make them more compact. I put them in the jar and will open them as often as I can to breath. The others (including the nice buds) I put in a paper bag and put into the tent with J2.

Once I get home tomorrow, I will throw the ones in the tent back into the closet. Depending on how the humidity on the ones in the jars, I may take them out.

Here is a picture of them all trimmed. Total weight went from 190g to 41.1g. All said and done we'll be close to my 1z prediction. Not bad for a 30x18x30 space :high-five:

J2 is still looking good. Leaves definitely perked up and I am contemplating another watering. She will be a huge pile of popcorn bud compared to J1 but after smoking some tonight - I don't really care what it looks like :circle-of-love:

Thanks for the compliments and stopping by :Namaste:

IMG_43773.JPG

Wow, golfer! That is an impressive plate o' bud! Great job :bravo:

You gotta give us a smoke report on the JH as soon as you can! And I'm looking forward to your eventual hash-making adventures when you get your bubble bags!

Been so busy again and wish I could spend more time here. Hope everyone is well.:passitleft:

J1 was put into jars yesterday. Slightly concerned because they haven't gone over 50% now so I'm thinking I may have over-dried. I'm in no rush, plenty of weed to smoke :lot-o-toke:

I harvested J2 today. She's definitely long and lanky with much smaller and separated buds as opposed to J1 that had some nicely formed side colas. However, J2 had 6 solid long colas thanks to her being topped and lst'd.

I actually forgot to water and 2 days ago she looked horrible. I grabbed 3 of those liter water bottles and just poured them in. She looked much better today so I harvested. See the pics below. I have some good close up of the trichomes and you can see they're about 50-75% amber. Maybe slightly more than I was shooting for but it will be interesting to compare her smoke to J1's.

The smell is a little overwhelming again but thankfully no visitors. Saved all the trim for that bubble bags. I have them hanging in the closet for a few days then trim the buds to a paper towel for a day or two then the jars. My shipment of Boveda's came today so I put a pack in my best buds from the NL's.

I forgot to weigh her after the trimming so I'll do it when I go to put into the jars.

I'm not really good in describing the smell, but my wife says it smells like woods. Definitely a woodsy lemon/citrus type smell. High is definitely a more 'buzzy' high. Went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned tonight after smoking and my mind was racing in the chair. Especially the way that light shines on your closed eyes like you're lying in the desert....anyway....lest I digress..:tokin:

Looks kinda sad in the tent with the lights out :( I may start another grow and participate in the solo cup contest. Haven't decided yet. Check it out :nomo:

Solo Cup Comp - Bring It!

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the pics :thanks:

Final_shot1.JPG

before_trim3.JPG

J2_after_trim.JPG

Main_Cola_before1.JPG

IMG_446410.JPG

closeup62.JPG

J2_Closeup.JPG

Bubble bags came yesterday and I put them into action tonight.:smokin:

It was a bit more of a task than I anticipated. I used a drill with a mixer piece attached. I'm not sure if I mixed too much. The final resin is very green. There was an issue with the 73 micron resin with finding hair/lint or something in there so I had to throw that out.

Might have been better if I had more leaf. I'll have to give it another shot:thumb:

Smells just like I hash I used to smoke years ago:volcano-smiley:

Here are some photo's of the fun. Enjoy ;)

IMG_448611.JPG

IMG_448810.JPG

IMG_449010.JPG

IMG_44945.JPG

IMG_44986.JPG

Here is a pic with a golf ball to show scale. Pretty small. Weighed this morning at .3g I cut it to pieces and put it in the boiler room between a napkin to dry it out. This picture is after I mushed it back together.

I have to read up a bit more on drying and storage. With all the weed I have now (probably more than I ever had at one time in my life) from the past 2 grows - I may be holding on to this hash for a bit.

I got the bags on the big online retailer and it cost about $30. Bags were very sturdy and would do great with more volume. These may last me a lifetime.

I wonder if using the drill and the beater at high speed if that broke down chlorophyll from the leaves and that is why it is greener.

I clipped the rest of J2 today after having hung in the closet for 2 days. Final weight of the popcorn buds after trimming was 28g. I will be putting her in a jar later today. Overall I'm happy with J2. Some decent little buds and I'm sure she's going to taste good like J1.

J1 went into jars at 41.5g and J2 is going in at 28g. :Namaste:

IMG_45008.JPG

When I help people with problem 7 of ten times they are running fox farms soil..... and using nutrients...
Fox farm works if your water is alkaline. My tap is 7.7 to 7.8, using BB, TB, GB, in feeding schedule strength brings my PH to 5.6. Therefore, if your tap is 7 or lower, FF will be to low. I've had great success using the liquid trio with the 3 salts beastly bloom, open sesame and cha-ching. But PH'ing is required and letting your PH settle to ensure its stable is recommend.

Cheers

Great yield, golfer, and thanks so much for the pictorial about making bubble hash.

I had to giggle when you mentioned having so much bud from your last 2 grows that you barely know what to do with it :) I'm in precisely the same boat -- I look at my jars of weed and the plants ripening in my tent and remember all the dry times in the past and just can't believe that I have more cannabis than I know what to do with!

Also I love the golf ball next to your hash nug :) Great image and so appropriate!

Curiously enough, I spent most of last evening researching making hash, partly because I have so much freaking cannabis. I was crumbling a little old-school Moroccan hash into a joint and I thought, "I may never have to buy bud again, but I still buy a bit of hash. How about making some of that bud into my own hash", which led me on a google quest :)

Anyway, I'm babbling. Great updates, and congrats on your adventures in hash making! Very inspirational ...

I had some issues at first. I worked them out and think I have it down. I am running FFOF again on my next run. This time I will be adding some amendments to deal with issues I think I had the first time around. Also I will be going with Advanced Nutrients Ph Perfect instead of the FF trio. I spend way too much time buffering. I know alot of people object to FFOF but, So far, I kind of like not having to add nutes for the first 4 weeks.

Fox farm works if your water is alkaline. My tap is 7.7 to 7.8, using BB, TB, GB, in feeding schedule strength brings my PH to 5.6. Therefore, if your tap is 7 or lower, FF will be to low. I've had great success using the liquid trio with the 3 salts beastly bloom, open sesame and cha-ching. But PH'ing is required and letting your PH settle to ensure its stable is recommend.

Cheers

I didn't have issues with FF trio - they did great. My problem (for me - not everyone) was the Happy Frog soil I used. It already has nutes and while I didn't feed for the first 18 days or so, I think with the feeding and this soil that the salts built up by day 33-38 that I had to flush.

My next grow is with something very similar to ProMix. Sunshine #4 or something - I have to check the bag again but it has no nutes and is ph balanced.

I still plan on using the FF trio I've got.:Namaste:

True, I'm using FFOF, not happy frog, I was warned off at the grow store. I'm looking at using lucky dog when I use up my last 2 cu ft of FFOF.

Hi Glimmer,

I feel the same way. Was just telling my wife last night that I can't wait until we don't have to count hits anymore. Sometimes it sucks having to stop when we get to 3 :)

Amen, brother, amen. It's an extraordinary feeling, much like the first time you make enough money to support yourself. You think, I can now take care of myself and my family. It's very liberating.

Also there's something about the abundance of having jars of something that you once had so little of, or was hard to get. My husband grew up in Europe after WW II and remembers rationing vividly -- never having enough food or the food you like. Even today he can't help almost stockpiling meat, chocolate and other food because he remembers having had to go without.

Here's to a great harvest!

Took a picture of the best of my last two grows. Jack on the left, NL on the right.

When I first opened the NL jar and took out the best buds, I thought someone had tapped into my stuff. Turns out I sent some to friends around Christmas and wanted to show off some of the better buds. This is what remains of the NL big cola buds.

The J1 buds are on the left. I don't have any huge buds from J2. There is still some curing left, they've only been in the jars a little over a week.

Enjoy :welcome:

Jack_NL_Compare-1.JPG

Back
Top Bottom