Golfer420 - Crop King Seeds Jack Herer - Soil - LED/CFL - Grow 3

Hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday. :Namaste:

Here are some pics of the girls today at day 65. They're doing very well, just a bit cramped. J1 is getting closer to finishing. J2 seems to be flowering nicely, but I'm not sure she's going to get buds the size of J1.

I've taken a few buds here and there of J1 and I'm really digging the buzz. Not as heavy as the NL.

J2 has many bud sites and is actually taller than J1 now. You can see from the pics how close to the light she is (about 2") even though I try to LST her to the side.

Once I harvest J1 I will use all of tent for J2.

The trichomes are areally showing on J1 and beginning to be more prominent on J2.

I also threw some close up shots in there too:thumb:

Thanks for stopping by :thanks:

J1 and J2
JHA_Day_65_paira.JPG

J1 and J2
JHA_Day_65_Pair.JPG

J1 cola
JHA_Day_65_J1_cola.JPG

J1 cola
JHA_Day_65_J1a.JPG

J2
[img]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/JHA_Day_65_J2a.JPG

J2
JHA_Day_65_J2_growth.JPG

J2
JHA_Day_65_J2.JPG

A definate birdie possibility pal,,:cheer:

:Namaste:

Welcome, Schtiggy.:welcome:

I think we're in the final stretch. J1 is a couple weeks and I'm thinking J2 is about 4 weeks. J2 is the one that got LST'd, topped, and suffered the most from the ph being way too low. Still not sure her buds will recover to look as well formed as J1's.

Hang around - I'm anxious to see how it turns out too:thumb:

Hope everyone had a great night on NYE:high-five:

I'm looking forward to a great year. Once I finish these two Jack Herer's I'm going to take a break from growing until March (should only be a month or so break). Next will be a Crop King Seeds White Widow fem photo. Only one. Not doing two in this tiny tent again.

Here are the ladies at day 71.

J1 is about 2 weeks away I'm guessing. Pistils are turning brown and not much new growth starting. Leaves are getting frosty. I've been taking smaller branches off and drying. I'm enjoying the smoke even though it's not fully cured. The buds dry much smaller and wispy than the Northern Lights. Brighter green with the orange pistils. Looks and smells great too - definitely different than the big meaty indica buds. I took a picture of a smaller bud before and after.

J2 is now about an inch from the LED. I have used LST to pull those colas to the side as much as possible. There are a huge number of bud sites below the 6 taller cola's (she was topped). White pistils are coming out nicely but I don't think she's going to thicken up as much as J1 has on her cola. I could be wrong (and hope I am) but the colas on J2 seem too stretched out to get filled with buds. It will be interesting to see which plant yields more bud. J1's buds look great. J2 are ok, just not big and fat, but likely more numerous.

Trichomes look good. I tried to get in tight with the macro lens.

I am going to submit J1 for POTM as I think she looks better overall. I am, however, a bit intimidated by the competition. Amazing plants this month :goodjob:

Thanks for stopping by:Namaste:

J2 on Left - J1 on Right
JHA_Day_71_in_tent.JPG

J1
JHA_Day_71_J1.JPG

J1 cola
JHA_Day_71_J1_cola.JPG

J2
JHA_Day_71_J2_.JPG

J2 from above
JHA_Day_71_J2_top.JPG

J2 bud
JHA_Day_71_J2_bud.JPG

J2 bud
JHA_Day_71_J2_buda.JPG

J1 bud freshly cut
JHA_Day_71_J1_fresh_bud.JPG

J1 - same bud dried
JHA_Day_71_J1_dried_bud.JPG

Just now ;) I've also taken a few over the past couple weeks.

It works! I'm not really good at describing the smells or the taste. Seems lighter than the NL, maybe a little smoother. Smells different but I can't even say how, maybe sweeter than the NL.

The buzz feels a bit different than the NL. Seems to be more buzzy head high than a body high. I'm not as sleepy.

It will be interesting to see which I smoke more of and when - once I have the Jack cured.

The buds are definitely different. They will not be as big and thick as the NL buds.

:thanks:

Back to the usual grind at work. To relax, I spent most of tonight buzzing through my subscriptions to get all caught up. After reading someone posting about pictures with their iPhone, I realized I had one of those macro lens attachments. Took some close ups of the trichomes and I think we're getting close. I just might harvest J1 this weekend. I see fewer white pistils coming out and most of them are turning orange/brown. Also, the main cola leaves are turning a yellowish green and are brittle.

J2 has more to go as her pistils are still going strong on many of the buds. While I knew this was the case, the reality of the stunting was much more damaging to J2. Topped and LST's, she was doing will till the ph issue doesn't look like she could rebound like J1. Buds will definitely be smaller and not as tightly packed. Oddly enough the trichomes on J2 in these pictures look more amber than J1.

Thanks for stopping by :thanks:

J1

JHA_J1_Day_71.JPG

J2
JHA_J2_Day_71.JPG

That is a debate that still rages on today. My personal opinion, both grow good plants. It's next to impossible for a small grower to see the difference. I don't think the yields would vary that much. I tend to think that HPS and MH have a slight edge over LED but they run much hotter.

I was concerned that a cheap LED might not create nice buds and I was very happy with the last plant I grew.

Hope that helps :Namaste:

Day 76 Update. Turns out it's so much easier to take pictures with my iphone than it is to yank out the 70D and macro lens:thedoubletake:

J1 is fine. My plan is to harvest her on Sunday. No more watering either. She was last watered Sunday with some molasses. I've already smoke a couple buds off her already so I'm happy with where she's at with the trichomes.

J2 is ok but looking droopy again. Looked that way since the watering Sunday with some molasses. Thought she would have been better since I didn't feed, only watered. Been droopy all this week. My plan is to water/feed Friday. That will likely be the last watering and I will harvest her next weekend.

I tossed in a photo of a leaf from J2. I'm not concerned as I'm so close to harvest but it is typical of getting near the end. Leaves beginning to yellow a bit.

If all the colas I had going on J2 looked like J1 - I'd be looking at a much better yield. The topping definitely helped get those additional colas, unfortunately I think the stunting really impacted the bud development on J2.

Here are some photos and some close ups of the tri's. I'm seeing amber on both. Not a lot, but I'm guessing by the time J1 goes this weekend it will be mostly cloudy with a few amber. J2 will probably be more amber since she's got noticeable amber now and she has 10 days left.

Thanks for stopping by:Namaste:

JHA_Day_76.JPG

JHA_Day_75_J2.JPG

JHA_Day_76_J2a.JPG

J1 close up
JHA_Day_76_J1.JPG

J2 close up
JHA_Day_76_a.JPG

Back
Top Bottom