Golfer420 - Crop King Seeds Jack Herer - Soil - LED/CFL - Grow 3

Time, time, time, is on our side,,, yes it is,,,,,:theband:

The cure for everything,, maybe except death,,, time was good to you pal, and yer plants,, well done,, it was you that gave them the time they needed,,

cheers,,,:Namaste:

Day 55/53 and we're looking good ::thumb:

I watered/fed last night. Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom, Rhino Skin, calmag, and molasses. A gallon each pot. They were pretty dry and after watering I was concerned with how the leaves looked. However, when I woke up this morning, they both looked pretty good.

Tonight I was thrilled and took a few more pics. J1 is flowering nicely and getting some thickness. Still not as thick and fat as the buds I got on the NL's but I'm hoping the buzz is different. My understanding is the sativa buds are sometimes less dense.

J2 definitely had a growth spurt and I'm starting to see the flowering process begin. More pistils. She looks to be at least 2 weeks behind J1. I'm hoping I can make up for the stunting that occurred at the end of this grow. I'm hoping the flowering goes longer too. You can see in the pictures the 3 biggest cola's growing. 2 are from the topping and the third is one of the side shoots. Overall, J2 is much more squat and flat while J1 is more the Christmas tree.

Buds on J1 are looking good. Love the tri's. Enjoy :Namaste:

JHA_day_55_Pair.JPG

J1

JHA_day_55_J1.JPG

JHA_day_55_J1_cola.JPG

JHA_day_55_J1_bud.JPG

J2

JHA_day_53_J2.JPG

JHA_day_53_J2_bud_site.JPG

Two days ago I did some defoiling. Cleaned things up on J1 pretty good, now that she's well into flowering. Much more open space in that little Christmas tree:clap:

J2 was trimmed as well, but not as much. She's starting to noticeably flower now and I noticed that she stressed out a bit after I was done trimming. They both seem to have adjusted to the trimming well. J2 has definitely grown upwards a bit and now almost as tall as J1. J2 has much more of a canopy with 3, maybe 4 solid colas at the same height.

I did some backbuilding on a couple of buds on J1. I took a picture of it. I also took the trim from those buds and dried it for a day and smoke it tonight. Really nice buzz. I don't know if it's because I expect/hope the sativa to be a bit more buzzy or it really was. Definitely felt a bit different than the NL.

Here are a few pics of the ladies. Thanks for stopping by :thanks:

J2 on left J1 on right

JHA_day_57_pair_a.JPG

JHA_day_57_pair_b.JPG

J1

JHA_day_57_J1.JPG

JHA_day_57_J1_stem.JPG

backbuilding
JHA_day_57_J1_backbuild.JPG

J2

JHA_day_55_J2.JPG

JHA_day_55_J2_stem.JPG

JHA_day_55_J2a.JPG

Looking nice indeed,, love conquers all, great job with em,, :goodjob:

Look very sativaish,, how long you thinking for flowering overall?

Keep it up,, at home and away,, cheers golfy,, keep it in the fairway pal,,

I'm estimating J1 is about 4 weeks into flowering. I'm estimating she may be ready around week 9 of flowering (13 weeks overall 90+ days). This puts harvest tentatively at around the 21st of Jan.

J2 looks to only be 2 weeks into flowering and she will likely go longer - I'm thinking she may be ready by the beginning of Feb.

They both look to be done growing upwards so the focus should be on bud development.:smokin:

Took another couple tiny buds off of J1 and letting them dry:slide:

Hey golfer
Sorry man, I'm getting to your journal late but I'm glad I found it. Quick question, the day the girls bounced back from being droopy and sad, was that right after the flush or was that after they were drying out after the flush?

Thanks for coming by, Jay.

I had to think about your question myself and went back and reviewed the last few weeks. To answer your question - the big bounce back came after they dried out from the flushing, after I water/fed - 2 days later.

Thur 11/26 - water/fed - looked bad so flushed them both

Wed 12/2 - flushed again (about 2:1 - 6 gal per pot)

Fri 12/2 - plants looked very droopy. looked like overwatering, which was probably true to a degree

Fri 12/9 - Let them dry out completely for a week. Water/Fed. The pictures I took on that day look the worst. All the leaves curled tight and droopy. I thought we might be done.

12/11 was the big day when leaves were almost back to normal and sticking out horizontally.

Since then they have been doing better. A little droopy today but I think they need water. Both pots are light but I feel a slight dampness on the bottom. I may water later today or wait till tomorrow. I'm still putting my ph on the higher side - closer to 7. Some of my run off last time still tested slightly low (under 6 I'm estimating).

Hope that helps :thumb:

Thanks for coming by, Jay.

I had to think about your question myself and went back and reviewed the last few weeks. To answer your question - the big bounce back came after they dried out from the flushing, after I water/fed - 2 days later.

Thur 11/26 - water/fed - looked bad so flushed them both

Wed 12/2 - flushed again (about 2:1 - 6 gal per pot)

Fri 12/2 - plants looked very droopy. looked like overwatering, which was probably true to a degree

Fri 12/9 - Let them dry out completely for a week. Water/Fed. The pictures I took on that day look the worst. All the leaves curled tight and droopy. I thought we might be done.

12/11 was the big day when leaves were almost back to normal and sticking out horizontally.

Since then they have been doing better. A little droopy today but I think they need water. Both pots are light but I feel a slight dampness on the bottom. I may water later today or wait till tomorrow. I'm still putting my ph on the higher side - closer to 7. Some of my run off last time still tested slightly low (under 6 I'm estimating).

Hope that helps :thumb:

Thanks golfer, that makes sense and kinda what I was thinking.

BTW, your girls look great, nice work!

Sweet... I remembered you wanted to try these but havent been up on new threads lately...

Good to see you've gotten them back to health. They are surprisingly resilient eventhough they are fussy. The final product is nice, I smoked it pretty quick lol

I'm a happy golfer tonight :thumb: We are day 60!

I watered/fed yesterday afternoon as planned. A gallon of water, 1tbs molasses, 3tsp Big Bloom, 2 of Grow Big, 2 Tiger Bloom, 3ml calmag, 3 ml rhino skin. Both were a bit droopy from being dry so I took some pictures right before watering. When I checked this morning they had perked up a bit, but after work I got home and they really picked up:slide:

I have a yesterday pic and a today pic to compare the difference. J2 is as high, or higher, than J1 now. I took a second picture after I tied the two colas from the topping to the side so they're not so close to the LED. She's still stretching a bit but the flowering is taking off too. She shows her stress more with the droopy leaves but give her some time to soak up the water, she looks perky again.:high-five:

Buds and trichomes on J1 are really looking sweet. Hard to believe this plant was such a runt I wasn't sure I was going to keep her. Then the transplant. She's a trooper :love:

Feeling very lucky. This is the second feeding since the dual flush and they both seem to have been responding consistently. Hopefully I can keep this up the next 40 - 50 days.:Namaste:

BEFORE WATERING YESTERDAY
JHA_Day_59_Pair.JPG

AFTER WATERING TODAY (reversed)
JHA_Day_60_-_Pair_after_watering.JPG

After tying down the topped colas from J2
JHA_Day_60_-_Pair_after_watering_tied_down.JPG

J1
JHA_Day_60_-_J1_cola.JPG

JHA_Day_60_-_J1_buds.JPG

J2

JHA_Day_60_-_J2_.JPG

JHA_Day_60_-_J2_bud.JPG

JHA_Day_60_-_J2_buda.JPG

Golfer,
It's amazing what a difference a week makes? :goodjob:
I respect the way you hung in there when all looked bleak.
Remember that when you smoking a fat one as you review your journal after harvest.:passitleft:

Merry Christmas Everyone:xmas: Hope everyone and their plants are happy and healthy :Namaste:

The weather is nuts in the northeast US. It was about 70f today! Hard to keep the temps in acceptable range with this heat. With guests coming by I can't just have the tent open so I've had to turn the CFL's in there off to help.
Watered and fed today. Both seem to be doing well. I'm digging the buds on J1 and the veg growth on J2. I'm just not as optimistic on J2's buds. They seem smaller and I'm not sure how they will end up. J1's buds are nice and thick. J2 stretched a bit and was stunted for a solid two weeks. Hoping she catches up.

Here are a couple of pics at day 63 to show how we're doing. J2 is almost as tall (maybe taller) than J1. She's got at least 4 main colas thanks to the topping and LST.

Best wishes everyone. Thanks for stopping by! I hope 2016 allows me to spend some more time on here helping others :thanks:

J1 and J2
JHA_Day_63_Pair_a.JPG

JHA_Day_63_Pair.JPG

J1 Top
JHA_Day_63_J1_top.JPG

J2 Top
JHA_Day_63_J2_top.JPG

Back
Top Bottom