Golfer420 - Crop King Seeds Jack Herer - Soil - LED/CFL - Grow 3

keep this in the back of your mind. When using CO2 the plant prefers to take in and use the co2 rather then the nitrogen nitrates in the nutes, but it will still uptake and process all the nitrates you give it and it will store them rather then creating sugars for bud processing and could have an effect on flavor and quality. Mind you this is at 1000ppm or greater. the resolution is to cut down on the nitrogen in your nutes but im not sure you need to worry unless you stack another bag

I dont know man i see a ph issue here and the plant looks odd, or misshapen. what is the ph you are using. in soild you want to stay around 6-7 with the runoff

ph should be ok. it was about 6.5 when I fed yesterday. Didn't get enough run off to test. Bottom of the pot was damp. J1 is still recovering from the transplant and has a bit of curling in the leaves. J2 is doing well, just have her tied down tight so it looks all bunched up.

jack,,,:Namaste:

mejack,,,

P1160298.JPG

say hijack,,:ciao:

to youjack,,

jack

Hey Jack :ciao:

The two Jackie's are doing great over here. Both are growing well. I've been reading Atrain's auto thread and tried the fox tail on J1(day24). She's pretty much back to herself and I took a photo of her getting some light to the growth under the top.

J2 is doing well also. I feel like I may have her pinned down too tight. I'm thinking tomorrow I might remove the ties that bind.

CORRECTION to ^

Had to run to the store and checked the plants after I had taken these pictures. Noticed that I clipped off the entire top of J2!!!!! UGH! Must have pushed too hard to keep her down and pinched the top off. I removed everything now, hoping she can recover from this. It's not even where I would have topped her.

I circled where it was clipped off in the pics below. I was being too aggressive :trance:

J1
Grow_3_JHA_J1_day_24.JPG

J2

Grow_3_JHA_J2_day_22.JPG

J2 with where she was mistakenly topped

Grow_3_JHA_J2_day_22a1.JPG

Hey hey hey, those plants are looking great now compared to just last week... nice job on the recovery... a thing to do when training is let them train themselves... by this I mean place a strap on the node you want to bend over place where there is no slack in it and you plant begins to bend over but just slightly... then let her grow... if you get too aggressive..... well you see what happens lol... don't worry it has happened to me too ... oooops

It's amazing how resilient these plants are.:thumb:

Here they are today. J1 is pretty much fully recovered from the transplant and starting to feel different than the NL - a bit more lanky and bigger fan leaves. At day 25, I'm expecting sex to show any day.

J2 looks to only have been slowed slightly by the untimely topping. I feel much better than I did last night after realizing I took off the entire top. I took some pictures and you can see the two new tops.

I still feel like the growth of these two JH sativa's is far behind in days compared to the NL. Looking at pictures, the NL was almost a bush at 25 days. It's definitely going to be a bit longer in terms of the overall grow time. My goals is to get 2 zips each. The NL got 2.5.

I've got the lights set for 20/4 and I haven't added the CFL's full time yet. Once they start flowering I'll throw the CFL's in. The weather has been decent so temps haven't been an issue. Hopefully it's a mild winter up until mid-January:Namaste:

Grow_3_JHA_Pair_day_25.JPG

Grow_3_JHA_J2_day_23.JPG

They both look good tonight. I fed them both. I haven't been watering in between, going with a feeding each time. I believe I read that on Atrain's auto journal. A little more than a 1/2 gallon each and both had wet bottoms when finished. I switched them around in side the tent.

J2 is really starting to fill out. The area I chopped off/topped is recovering well. I've also eliminated any LST. Tried to tuck some of the really large fan leaves underneath. I've read differing opinions on trimming fan leaves but most lean towards not doing so I haven't trimmed anything that wasn't yellowing. Some of those big fans look to be covering potential bud sites though. Very tempting....

Nodes seem to be more spaced than they were with the NL's, especially J1. I may do some LST when the cola's start forming on J1 to keep her spread out.

The smell just keeps getting better. They've got a stronger smell than the NL's ever did. I feel like I smell it in the car when I pull in the garage :yahoo:

Heya,, here's hoping for warm weather your way,, my opinion on defoliating,, is,, I am big on it, I do a lotto defol,, from younguns too, right into harvest time,, Mr know nothing talking of course,,,for various reasons as well,, air circulation, light penetration, I use leaves in my daily smoothie, easier to do pest patrol, and just plain aesthetics, oh, and for compactness too. My reasons,, cheers golfy

Heya,, here's hoping for warm weather your way,, my opinion on defoliating,, is,, I am big on it, I do a lotto defol,, from younguns too, right into harvest time,, Mr know nothing talking of course,,,for various reasons as well,, air circulation, light penetration, I use leaves in my daily smoothie, easier to do pest patrol, and just plain aesthetics, oh, and for compactness too. My reasons,, cheers golfy

You defoliate autos at a young age?

Lol I would never think less of anyone for anything buddy lol....I just don't defol until flowering begins. I try to leave every leaf I can on autos during veg. The leaf is where all of the photosynthesis takes place (as ypu already know) and with auto's while in Veg I want as many leaves sucking in the light and burning the nutes as possible to get the plant larger faster (key with autos) it's like a drag race from day 10 til death... once flowering begins I trim a little at a time then to open up for flowering sites as you stated light penetration... but to each there own.. and if I put them in my daily shakes... I would probably trim more earlier lol....

Well, actually, I have only recently grown any ottos at all,, i do have one, a jack herer youngun, too young for any defol,, yet,,,

Most, nearly all my plants are regs, non autos,, and my biggest reason for defol is,,, space,, i love space,, planets and stuff, oh, no,,hang on, dif topic,, i lack space,, my veg room is tiny, my plants are tiny, my brain is tin,,oh geez,, i remove the largest leaves from my young plants when they get in the way, plain and simple,, i really don't know if I am doing major diservice to the plants or not,, i know this,, they just grow more,, and more, and more

I have barely a year at all this growin stuff and seriously,, i know nothing,, nothing.

I do know I am finding my buds to be too small for my liking and am currently rethinking every one of my techniques to see where I might improve,, and that includes my defol regiment,, recent reading has me rethinking that issue a bit.

But, I think I need to upgrade my fertilizing routine and fertilizers. Right now miracle grow for all

Thanks for your concern pal,, but i must run and do some more defoling,, cheers:Namaste:

Thanks for stopping by Cranky :welcome:

I did much more trimming of leaves on my first two grows but barely any on this one. I'm following Atrain's process on these two Jackies and waiting until flowering starts. As you'll see in my next post with photos - they both have fairly large fan leaves. I might want to give those bud sites underneath more light. I've been doing a great deal of tucking on J2 who was lst'd for a while. J1 is too lanky for tucking

J1 is a she:thanks: I enjoy getting that first photo of the pistil ;) She is 28 days old today. 4 weeks on the button to show a pistil. I don't know when officially veg is over and flowering begins but we're close. At some point I will tie some of those future cola sites to the side of the pot to enjoy more light. It's amazing how she recovered from the transplant :tommy:

J2 hasn't officially shown sex yet at 26 days but looks good to be female. The spot where I mistakenly topped (hatchet job) has grown back well. She looks much flatter and spread out than J1. Much denser too. It's going to be interesting to see how these two turn out.:reading420magazine:

Atrain - you feed every time you water? Do you skip a feeding and go water only at all during the grow?

Thanks for stopping by :thanks:

It's a girl :cheer:
Grow_3_JHA_J1_day_28_pistil.JPG

J2 / J1
Grow_3_JHA_pair_day_28a.JPG

Grow_3_JHA_pair_day_28.JPG

J1
Grow_3_JHA_J1_day_28.JPG

J2
Grow_3_JHA_J2_26_days.JPG

Back
Top Bottom