Golfer420 - Crop King Seeds Jack Herer - Soil - LED/CFL - Grow 3

Girls rock,, All of em, less is definately more with fert,,, over fert is worse than no ferts at all,, or,,, no ferts at all is better than over fert,, all that for me,, i am an overferter,, boo me

Common interests,, me like,, my first otto was a northern lights,, this past summer, outside, it was and still is the best plant I have grown before,, in or out

Think I have a pic,, hang on, I will look, be right back,,,

P1160204.JPG

There we go, I think thats er

P1160207.JPG

I have a jack youngun as well,, and hear notin but good about it,, cheers

Nice looking auto NL, Nivek:goodjob:

I took the girls out of the tent today and did some close inspection. Tucked leaves here and then, spun them around, took a few pictures. J1 is 30 days old, J2 is 28

After tending a bit, the fan leaves on J1 just seemed so big and blocking many future bud sites. I trimmed 5 of the big fans at the top blocking the most light. J1 is going to be more Christmas tree-like than J2.

You can see from the last photo of J1 the difference after my trimming.

Those claw leaves were underneath the fan leaves. I didn't notice them until I peeked around under the big leaves.

I am using some more wires to hold down some of the outer branches of J2. Trying to keep her spread low. I also added some CFL's. May add a couple more. I have to devise some kind of hanging CFL light.

Thanks for stopping by :Namaste:

Here is a picture of them both before the trimming
Grow_3_JHA_pair_prior_30_days.JPG

Here is J2
Grow_3_JHA_J2_28_days.JPG

Here is J1 before the trimming of some fan leaves
Grow_3_JHA_J1_prior_30_days.JPG

Here is J1 after
Grow_3_JHA_J1_after_30_days.JPG

Very nice indeed,, absolutely love the compactness, great job:cheer:

Great colour too,, cheers

Day 31/29. Gave them both a feeding. Went out and got some small light stands for my CFL's. Using a little LST with coat hanger wire holding some branches down to give bud sites more light on both J1 and J2.

Took a bunch of pictures today. Overall they're both looking good. Shuffling things around the tent and preparing for possible friends and family stopping over. It's going to get tight in this tent with everything I've got going on but hopefully I get some good quality smoke. More about the quality than the quantity.

Thanks for stopping by:Namaste:

view inside the tent
Grow_3_JHA_pair_day_31a.JPG

view from the garage
Grow_3_JHA_pair_day_31.JPG

After watering J2 / J1
Grow_3_JHA_J1-j2_31_daysa.JPG

From above - J2 / J1
Grow_3_JHA_J1-j2_31_days.JPG

J1
Grow_3_JHA_J1_31_daysa.JPG

J1
Grow_3_JHA_J1_31_days.JPG

J1 Top
Grow_3_JHA_J1_31_days_top.JPG

J2
Grow_3_JHA_J2_29_daysa.JPG

J2
Grow_3_JHA_J2_29_days.JPG

J2 close up of stems
Grow_3_JHA_J2_29_daysb.JPG

Finally taking a few days off for Thanksgiving.:slide:

I've been reading through the threads today and went out and spent some time on the garden. Took a bunch of pictures.

J1 is doing well, getting taller. I've used some string and wire to hold some of the outer branches down to promote wider growth. Still has a single main cola that is a couple inches higher than everything else. For a transplant that happened only a couple weeks ago, she's doing great. Still a bit more lanky and spaced out than J2.

J2 is short and bushy thanks to the lst. Much tighter canopy. I took some photos of the branches that have been held down. Very solid looking. I also got some close ups of where she was topped, only about 10 days ago. She's fully recovered as you can see in the pictures. You can also see where I clipped some fan leaves too.

So far I've fed 4 times in a row without water only in between. I'm going to continue until I see some yellowing tips. I'm continually moving leaves around to ensure the bud sites get good light from the LED and CFL's.

Thanks for stopping by and looking at all these pictures :allgood:

J2 on left J1 on right
JHA_J1_Day_33b_lsta_more_lst-2.JPG

J1
JHA_J1_Day_33b_lsta_more_lst-4.JPG

J1
JHA_J1_Day_33b_lst.JPG

J1
JHA_J1_Day_33b_lsta_more_lst-6.JPG

J1 top
JHA_J1_Day_33b_lsta_more_lst-9.JPG

J2
JHA_J1_Day_33b_lsta_more_lst-5.JPG

J2
JHA_J2_day_31_lst.JPG

J2
JHA_J2_day_31_lsta.JPG

J2- this is where I mistakenly topped her. also notice the fan leaf was clipped here as well
JHA_J2_day_31_topping.JPG

All looking very nice indeed,, not yer first barbie for sure,,,:thumb:

I did not understand your comment on your feeding routine,, however,, i have a comment anyways about it,,, personally, just me maybe,, but i would never feed till I see brown tips and then cut back,, that is a recipe for disaster, guaranteed, least for me,,, over ferting a plant, especially on purpose, is not good,, the plant can take up to ten days to show any affect from the fert.

That ten days is six or seven percent of the whole life of that plant,, it never recovers fully from overferting, never,, damage is permanent,,, aargh

Cheers:Namaste:

Cool, I am going through nute issues myself,, i am notorious, round my labooratoory, for overnuting,, why are my buds not bigger??? I Know!!!!! They need more nutrients,,, that's the ticky,,,,,:goof::theband:

Cept,,wrong answer. I know there is no stone with a nuting recipe on it,, some feed every watering,, i was,, till recently,, i am now back to plain water inbetween,,, my buds dont get bigger,, my plants suffer,, silly me,, cheers:Namaste:

:helpsmilie:

I'm thinking the PH is too low. Just fed and watered them today with about 3/4 of a gallon each. They even look a little worse than they did 1.5 hours ago when I took these photos. PH was just about 6 going in. I was slightly concerned it was too low.

Any other suggestions? I was going to run 2 gallons of water through each to flush.

Thanks all

JHA_Day_36_pair1.JPG

JHA_Day_36_J11.JPG

JHA_Day_34_j2a1.JPG

JHA_Day_34_j21.JPG

I believe the PH is the issue. I flushed J2 with about 6 gallons of water (3gal pot) that was around 6.8-7. Run off was testing red, than orange, then yellow. I ran 3 gal of water through J1. Let them run off a bit and now they're back in. Right now they look worse than they do above.

The last time I watered/fed before today was 5 days ago on 11/22. Both plants were very light today when I took them out to water the first time.

I think my problem is this is fox farm happy frog soil. With continued feedings I was probably lowering the PH every time. I don't think the soil releases the salts as well as other mediums and I ran into the build up.

It's frustrating because J1 is flowering but she's been thrown for another loop. J2 really looks messed up. When I was feeding and taking photos above I noticed that while she's only 2 days behind J1, I haven't seen many pistils growing.

Hopefully the flush worked.:scratchinghead:

Thanks, Atrain. I don't know how I missed your question but glad I answered most of it anyway.

The tent temp has been varying pretty widely. 70's - 90's. It was warm the past two days (60's) so I'm trying to leave the tent open so it avg's around 80.

So did I answer my own question and was flushing the right thing to do?

Back
Top Bottom