Grandpa Gets Oily! Everclear Extracts For Shatter Or Oil!

That's quick! Do you find you can vape the results in a cart without any liquidizers? That's the goal of a few of us here (like live resin), but it always seems that the waxes clog the cart just over halfway through it.
Yes, they vape just fine without any PEG/PG , vegetable oil‘s, Terps, etc. etc. added to it, using a 2mm 4 hole C Cell cart & I just use a cheap battery pen like the Vision spinner lll set at 3.8-4.0. Volts…(I will push the button down for 1 to 22 first to heat everything up before I actually take a draw)…!

Somebody just posted something about draining in the freezer yes, that’s correct if you’re using the freezer method but not the QWET method
(again you have already removed all the Undesirables now all you have to do is immediately drain the alcohol away from the marijuana as fast as possible like I mentioned)

Yes, they vape just fine without any PEG/PG , vegetable oil‘s, Terps, etc. etc. added to it, using a 2mm 4 hole C Cell cart & I just use a cheap battery pen like the Vision spinner lll set at 3.8-4.0. Volts…(I will push the button down for 1 to 22 first to heat everything up before I actually take a draw)…!

Somebody just posted something about draining in the freezer yes, that’s correct if you’re using the freezer method but not the QWET method
(again you have already removed all the Undesirables now all you have to do is immediately drain the alcohol away from the marijuana as fast as possible like I mentioned)
Appreciate the info! :thanks:

Hi folks, @Artrix has a giveaway right now. I see some very interesting things there especially for rosen smashers, but for oil users in general. Check them out!

Hi folks, @Artrix has a giveaway right now. I see some very interesting things there especially for rosen smashers, but for oil users in general. Check them out!
Let us know what you think after you get yours!

Good Day, I like this cold filter method, not requiring allot of specialized equipment with good results, I think it is aimed more to the people who want to make there own vape meds. Remove fat etc., For me personally, I would not do, I think that when I incorporate the rosin into my MCT oil a little fat will only help to keep the natural product (trichome) intact, I like decarbed kief and its effects, so would like to try to keep this the same. Its allot of work to get the trichomes of the plant matter thru screens, end result is very easy to pinch a little out for dosing into coffee, Homemade healthy shakes that take away that need to make breakfast, send you away fed, happy and with just the right amount of kick in the ass required. Having said all this, makes me think that doing the same with decarboxylated bud might be even better, i have read of the entourage affect. just not for coffee, shakes would be fine. All the best, love this thread. Cheers

I posted this in my Rosin thread, but I’ll put it here too.

As it would have it, today I made some very potent Full Extract Cannabis Oil (FECO), or close enough. A great deal of people are always asking me what I do with the leftover Rosin Pucks. Well, I freeze them and today I decided to make some FECO with one jar of pucks and about a 1/2 bag of some fresh frozen trim. Here’s what I do:

1. I used Everclear for this extraction. All I do is half the pucks into two jars and cover slightly with the alcohol. Then back in the freezer until I’m ready to filter. I normally shake this two or three times before it’s ready.

2. All I do is use a strainer and a coffee filter to get all the big contaminants out. I use an old Folgers Coffee can to filter it all:

3. Then, I use the same filtered alcohol/extract to get the goodness from the fresh frozen trim. I let it sit in the freezer for about 15 minutes; shaking the mixture two or three times. Same as with the pucks. I had two bags for fresh frozen trim, but I only used about 3/4 of one bag for this batch.

4. This is what it looks like after another filtering. All i do is place it in a Pyrex pan that is in another larger Pyrex pan that is 1/2 filled with water. The larger pan is sitting on a griddle. I keep the heat at a medium to medium low and let it evaporate. (Please remember that this stuff is volatile. Alcohol fumes can blow-up! As in BOOM! No open flames PERIOD! Let’s be safe out there kiddies!
:love:
) I am doing this in my garage, with the garage door 1/2 open, I also have a screen on my garage, so no bugs can get in, and I have a large fan oscillating the fumes out. Safety first!

4. It takes about 1.5 - 2 hours depending on how much you have naturally, to render down most of the alcohol. I use razor blades to scrape/collect the oil. It’s very sticky stuff so I always use gloves. The final product is some purple/black-tar-like substance. Vey potent!

That’s it! That’s what I do with my rosin pucks. A little bit goes a long way. I put a dab or two in my coffee. Or, I’ll make some gummy’s, or even cook with it.

Peace!
Thank you so much! I'm about to have lots of rosin pucks left over and needed a productive method to use them up.
Excellent tutorial. 💕

Back
Top Bottom