Ground Zero Newbie Grower

Re: Ground zero newbie grower.

Just finished chopping and trimming the two Bubblicious. That strain must be a twin to Bubble Gum. Once again light and airy buds and a royal pain in the arse to trim. I sure hope the smoke is good otherwise I will have a huge ball of hash. I will do some pics tomorrow. Tomorrow I will be chopping the second Strawberry Haze and possibly the PPX. It's a challenge keeping the strains separated in the drying tent.

Keeping busy I see, If I could make a suggestion of keeping the strains separate. You could use a few different boxes in the tent and cut the front out and holes for ventilation.

Example.
papaya_bud_3002.jpg

Anyway not a bad problem to have. Great job...

If the smoke is good I would be happy to fill your mail box with a care package. This grow has gone so far beyond my expectations. We are inching a little closer to becoming full time Island residents. You may have a new neighbor in the near future.

I hope you can make it, as you know its a different kinda of life. Seems like once you've been here you always want to come back. I kept visiting and finally my youngest son and I spent a month here and I told him next time I come back its to live here. Took longer than I thought it would.
:surf::surf::surf::surf: But here I am.:surf:

Just finished trimming about 2/3's of the second Strawberry Haze plant. She is a beauty. So much easier to trim nice tight and dense buds. I am guessing 3-4 oz's off of her. Her is some of the carnage and a peek into my drying tent. Up to 7 turkey pans of trim drying for hash. Going to order Bubble Bags on Monday. Try my hand at hash making. Smoked some scissor hash Friday night and I was as blazed as I have ever been. Wow, what a very enjoyable ride. Have another nice chunk for tonight. On to the good stuff.

IMG_11755.JPG

IMG_11774.JPG

IMG_11765.JPG

IMG_11794.JPG

IMG_11783.JPG

IMG_11845.JPG

Sisco,
Three of the remaining plants should be bigger than the foot long. I am still in disbelief. Excited beyond my wildest 420 dreams.

Gunja,
Everything is labeled and will be kept separate. Even the trim tubs are labeled. lol. Freaking OCD. Lmao.

Bolivar,
The shelf came from Costco. Something we had laying around unused so I put it to work. I think it will work well for drying as air can circulate through the wire racks. I think they are called baker's racks. I can lay the buds on the wire shelves and also hang buds under each shelf. My guess is right now there is somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-16oz's (dry) currently either hanging or on the shelves.

we used a big ups box from the pkg. store, bought screens at the home depot, and my other half put stickers on the side with screws for shelf holders and so i have a cardboard box full of screens that are dark and have ventilation, and i throw a paper tag on each screen with the name on it....when i transfer to a bag, the tag goes also...for the big ones, which ours are fairly small, 3 or 4 inches...but the big ones are hung on the clothes line in the room with clothes pins and where a new one starts is a little piece of paper....but do keep track of them....lavendar

we used a big ups box from the pkg. store, bought screens at the home depot, and my other half put stickers on the side with screws for shelf holders and so i have a cardboard box full of screens that are dark and have ventilation, and i throw a paper tag on each screen with the name on it....when i transfer to a bag, the tag goes also...for the big ones, which ours are fairly small, 3 or 4 inches...but the big ones are hung on the clothes line in the room with clothes pins and where a new one starts is a little piece of paper....but do keep track of them....lavendar

Thanks You very much lavendar That solves a problem for me.
Gonna do the same thing. :ganjamon:

I got way too busy this weekend and Haven't checked on the remaining plants since late Friday. Tonight I will finish chopping and trimming what's left of the S/H plant. Need to water the remaining plants and do a tric check. I am hoping I can go a few more days before chopping another plant. Like to get the stuff currently in the drying tent to a point where I can jar it and make room for a new batch. Who would of thought that growing would be such a juggling act with schedules. All the more reason to limit the number of strains you grow at one time.

Well major blunder on my part. I hadn't checked anything since Friday. Well my drying tent over heated and everything in it is now very crispy. Way over dry. I jarred everything up and put a large chunck of main stem in each jar hoping to rehydrate. All my beautiful buds may end up in the hash bin. DAMN! No one to blame but myself. Got side tracked on another project when I should have been tending the garden. Three more plants will be coming down tomorrow. Rest assured those will be watched carefully.

Also had a some what freak find. One bud on the Bubble Gum plant produced about 30 seeds. 20 of them look very viable. No idea which male nailed her though. Oh well I will sprout some as part of round 2.

Alaskan Ice = 4.1 oz's of crispy buds

StrawBerry Haze plant #2 = 3.7 oz of crispy bud

Bubblicious (2 plants) = 2.6 oz of crispy bud

Bubble Gum = 1.2 oz of cris[y bud.

11.6 oz of bud that properly dried would likely be 14-16oz's.

I also have 4ea 1-gallon zip lock bags packed with trim and popcorn that totals right at 9oz's. Should make a decent ball of hash.

Back
Top Bottom