Grow Journal - 1st Grow Indoors

Don't trim off damaged leaves. When the plant is done re-consuming the nutrients back out of them they will turn yellow or brown and come off easily by hand. Before that all you are doing is adding stress and not helping at all as the plant CAN reuse the nutes it stored up in there if left alone. You may tuck them.

There is conflicting advice on 18/6 vs 24. But the oldest most trusted horticulturalist published a book in the 80's I think it was after he had done extensive research and he claims in the end that plants will finish sooner at 24 hours. Cannabis is very robust and can handle lots of stress but not having a night cycle is no big dealio. there are real cool things that happen at night but they are not necessary.

I use it to regulate temps. If I can get away with 24 hours on I will do it but in summer I use the 60 hours off during the hot part of the day to my advantage.

But that doesn't mean I am right or know what I am doing.

Sometimes even when I don't need to I run 18/6 to save some energy...but you have to run longer so does it save energy? I don't know.

I do know it is a waste of time arguing about it.

Unless you run autos...then don't listen to me at all!!!!

Lol i don't think I'm ganna be doing autos any time soon I think it is a good idea to go back to 24 so I think I'm ganna do that I gatta go get distilled water tomorrow so I have it on hand my tap water is full of sulfer.when should i do a flush or how will I know when?

Also have a question about going in to flower I was reading about useing my t5s as well as the hps and alternaing them to conserve energy does this work?
I would pick one lamp and keep the environment consistent during flower. Change your light schedule to save some coin.

That's my .02

Looking good over here Css1982
/Obi

Well i just went up to check temps right at 78 had to tuck some big fan leaves back and tie a few together as gently as I could changed over to 24 light cycle hoping to see some improvement tomorrow ganna go check temps in about 4 hours make sure it stays consistent all night with my new DIY cooling and heating system seeing as the desert of nm likes to get really warm during the day and freezing cold at night trying to keep a constant temp is kind of tricky
d8c7bbc7a59e6991ea2b2b2ecdb239c2.jpg
99c018d614961ad9db01d5b3b770108c.jpg
3b876145abf0e9bd7dc1564e1c2296f9.jpg

healthy ladies nice job. i think you should keep the t5's until flower plants tend to stretch with the hps and i don't think you want that having said that an 400watt MH would be perfect for growing i have seen much better groowth with the mh than t5s al in all i think you gonna be drown in leaf and bud by these bushy plants :) try to not make to much training it tends to slow growth a litle spacing of the branches is all you need to do imo so you get light all over them. nice plants.

Well i took off all of my fan leaf tie downs and his ganna let them go pots still feel a bit heavy but dryer then last night temps at 75

AH nice... My first 3 home DIY small cabinets were all done by computer fans, both inlets and outlets. In a small enclosed space it really helps the load on the fan to equalize it so they are not really working that hard. It helps in big spaces too but they tend to also have big leaks.

Yea I didn't want it to be a work horse just something to circulate the air around the plants just got a new motor for my real exhaust fan that is a 1000 cfm 3/4 hp it will work better to pull air from the cool garage and heat out from the grow space epically when the hps goes up still waiting on my hood to get here from Denver

I use a 400 CFM but I have a 750 I will probably add when summer comes around and I need to move air. I will probably run the 400 on the inlet and the 750 on the outlet leaving me about where I am today on total air flow from the normal vents.

That 750 can really move some air. I bet your 1000 is a beast.

Well i think 3 out of the 8 clones I took are ganna survive not sure about the 2 that r together still on the fence but the one by its self looks good even new growth at the bottom
39ceacd0c529f43a1c3847f474b10c15.jpg
cd7d88227e41b334bf85c7d92371d10d.jpg

Just gatta finsh sealing the room and will be all good don't want to pull heat or air from any where else but this room

a07d7ef9ca1391879abb845fe00729b2.jpg
well no real change outher then they r drying out nicely and seem a bit less stressed today some minor growth but nothing to brag about still feel good about them tho.

Yea it is luckily I have been thru a lot of patience building in the past few years.I'm just anxious to get my set up right and get the right environment so they will do good.I grew exiotic orchids for a while and that was a mission to get right

I hate the desert!!hot as hell during the day and freezing at night getting this temp range right sucks gatta use a space heater at night so I dont drop below 60 and all kinds of fans to regulate heat during the day hopefully I got it set now ganna be up 1 more night to check it every 2-3 hours fun times being a cultivator

Back
Top Bottom