Harvest a pound every three weeks! The Stinkbud way

Hey simon is your stink bud system setup to do a pound every week?

No not yet Sky. I have my cloner and 2 veg units going strong. However I only have 2 flowering units right now. 1 is under a 600hps and the other is under an 8 bulb t5 unit. I'm hoping to get another 600 watter in a few weeks for my 3rd system. My goal is to get 4 flowering unit going , each under a 600 watt hps

5" are better than 4" for sure.

I agree. 4 inch will work fine. But that extra inch will come in handy.( "that's what she said"). You can even run another length of PVC down the post if your using 5" if you wanna add a few extra sprayers for good measure?

Thanx guys. I just did not want to spend the xtra $ or waste the space. I really appreciate the help I'm just starting aero but have been in the dirt $ yrs.

You may see your nutrient temps rise a bit with those black pipes. Home D sells an insulation that looks like a roll of silver bubble wrap - works well for wrapping pipes to keep light and heat out.

Havent had any temp issues (yet). The canopy of the plants (after a couple of weeks in flowering) pretty much doesnt allow much light to even touch the black pvc fence posts.:peace::thanks:

No not yet Sky. I have my cloner and 2 veg units going strong. However I only have 2 flowering units right now. 1 is under a 600hps and the other is under an 8 bulb t5 unit. I'm hoping to get another 600 watter in a few weeks for my 3rd system. My goal is to get 4 flowering unit going , each under a 600 watt hps

Nice. Wich Stinkbud system are you using, Sr, jr or the original? I'm going to start mine soon with the SB Sr. Are you following SB's nute schedule?

Nice. Wich Stinkbud system are you using, Sr, jr or the original? I'm going to start mine soon with the SB Sr. Are you following SB's nute schedule?
I'm using Stinks nute program word for word as far as the nute mix goes. However I'm not running my ppms as high as he reccomends (yet). I've got 3 strains going in one system and it was a big mistake. I have a G-13 Labs Skunk#1xNorthern Lights cross in the system and it just can't handle the nutes like my other strains. I also decided to try to keep using the veg nutes during the first 2 weeks of flowering because my plants almost died when I accidentally unplugged my pumps to my Flowering unit. I figured the nutes in the Veg nutes would be more beneficial trying to get the plants healthy again. It seemed to work? As for my system, Well it's kind of a Stinkbud Sr. Hybrid. I don't know if youre familliar with the original Stinkbud threads on RIU? Anyways there was a dude on that thread who went by the name SOG. This dude made the ultimate growroom using his version of the Stinkbud system. I decided to use a setup like his. It uses a Toughbox instead of a roughneck for the reservoir. You can actually insert the fence post right into the reservoir preventing light getting to roots and I also think the system is lower to the ground and everything is enclosed. I tend to utilize the reservoir lids as tables to keep stuff on. The reservoir also holds more water than the 18 gallon Rubbermade Roughneck. I'm using 7ft. ceilings so every inch I can get I'll take. I think you saw the picts of my system but here they are if you didnt. I don't know if you have a clonner yet? I built stinks cloner and have had 100% success with it 3 times now.
system3.jpg

system_21.jpg

system1.jpg
:peace:

Thanks for the pics simon. The first pic, that plant is thick at the base. I'm familiar with SB's system. Actually I'm buying everying here and there so I can eventually get ready for my perpetual grow. I'm only going to grow one strain but If I decide to have 6 nft systems (4-1000watts) then I'll grow two strains. My other problem is wich strain to grow first. I already have in my possesion is: Barney's Vanilla kush and ll$$d, Dna's Kushberry, chocolope, la confidential, Green house bubba kush, kings kush, slh, cheese and white widow and Serious seeds ak47. I know I bought a lot of seeds. In your opinion wich one do you think I should grow first? Also I peeped out your black pvc piping. Did you buy it like that or did you paint it?

Thanks for the pics simon. The first pic, that plant is thick at the base. I'm familiar with SB's system. Actually I'm buying everying here and there so I can eventually get ready for my perpetual grow. I'm only going to grow one strain but If I decide to have 6 nft systems (4-1000watts) then I'll grow two strains. My other problem is wich strain to grow first. I already have in my possesion is: Barney's Vanilla kush and ll$$d, Dna's Kushberry, chocolope, la confidential, Green house bubba kush, kings kush, slh, cheese and white widow and Serious seeds ak47. I know I bought a lot of seeds. In your opinion wich one do you think I should grow first? Also I peeped out your black pvc piping. Did you buy it like that or did you paint it?

Cool man. I wasnt sure how much you knew about the stink bud system. That would be a sweet set up with 6 flowering units and 4 1000 watters! I've got low ceilings (7' 3") and I think even with vented hoods I would have a hard time using 1000 watters. Like I said earlier, I'm gonna shoot for 5 flowering systems each under a vented 600 watt fixture. So I'll have 3000 watts total in the flowering room. I've got one of those High Output 8 light T-5 units. I'm gonna switch the bulbs out to 3500k and try to Flower one unit under it and see what happens just for the hell of it.:peace:

Oh, by the way thats a nice selection of seeds you have there. I'm a new indoor grower and only have experience with the 3 strains I'm growing. G-13 LAbs Skunk#1xNorthern Light, DNA Sharksbreath and Dinafem Blue Hash. I've heard that the AK47 from Serious is bpretty awesome. I know AK has a rep for being pretty easy to grow and a good producer. Plus I know Stink grew it himself and posted allot of info on the strenghts of nutes he udes while growing the AK-47.

Re: Harvest a pound every three weeks!!!! The Stinkbud way

I know you guys still have a lot of questions. What timer do I have it set on? What about nutrients?
hold on im getting to that.

The timer is a bit expensive, I use a Recycling CAP-DNe timer. 1 minute on and 5 minutes off. This is the best way to get the roots plenty of oxygen and keeping them wet when they pop.

The clones also stay in the Cloning unit for 3 weeks, then they move to the veg unit.

The veg unit is made from 2 of the 18 gal roughnecks stacked on top of each other. The reason for this is to prevent the roots from dipping down and clogging your pump.
and ALLL of the systems are set to 1 minute on and 5 minutes off, same timer for every pump.

I've got 2 veg units and 1 cloner currently running. As of late the tops have started to leak. I've heard that some people put a trash bag inside the rubbermade reservoir not only for easy cleaning but to give a decent seal. I really don't like that solution though. I change/flush my reservoirs everyweek or 2. Anyone got a solution that theve used personally?:peace:

Re: Harvest a pound every three weeks!!!! The Stinkbud way

I've got 2 veg units and 1 cloner currently running. As of late the tops have started to leak. I've heard that some people put a trash bag inside the rubbermade reservoir not only for easy cleaning but to give a decent seal. I really don't like that solution though. I change/flush my reservoirs everyweek or 2. Anyone got a solution that theve used personally?:peace:

I had some leakage on my stink cloner and tried weatherstripping first, which did not work. So I tried the trash bag method, by taking a bag and cutting a six inch tall strip(basically cutting the top off the bag). I then used waterproof ducttape I had and taped it all the way around the lid(inside the lip). This method has worked really well, no leaks! It is like a curtain and does not interfear with the cloners functionality at all.

I have got a cloner load, ready to go into my veg unit as we speak!! Fifteen Power Kush clones!
Bubble2_157.jpg

I use the 1/2 inch foam weather striping with great results not one leak but I use the home depot tuff box totes though. good luck

system_21.jpg

wow, how easy is this system.
Sump, pump, plumb back & your feed lines. Pump it up your NFT channels & let the fall do the rest.

I'd personally take it one step further & drill the sump side with 2 elbows and a clear pipe strip thats painted. This would enable you to view the water level at a glance while still minimising light exposure if thats a concern.

Good going guys

Back
Top Bottom