Heavyherbs First Grow

Hey got a question for all of you reading this...Is it ok to trim off some of the larger leaves so that more light can get to the new buds that are forming? jus wondering thanks

i was always told not too.lol..i think i just had this discussion with someone here on 420. But i say not to, but ther are others who say's it fine. Someone chime in if they have a good reason to chop em, or if they have some info on the pro's/cons.

thanks for the reply butcher....i guess no one else has an opinion on this hehehe

thanks for the reply butcher....i guess no one else has an opinion on this hehehe

I have one friend:grinjoint:
I am of the don't do it club. Those leaves are taking in energy and makes your plants healthier in many ways. The they provide the buds what they need also.:ganjamon:

thank you very much Oldmedman I really appreciate the advice from everyone :ganjamon:

Day 17 of 12/12 cycle, thought I would post a few pics of the newly formed buds for your pleasure, and I wanted to ask If anyone knows why the stems are so purple?
DSC06250.JPG

DSC06251.JPG

DSC06252.JPG

DSC06253.JPG

DSC06254.JPG

DSC06257.JPG

DSC06261.JPG

DSC06263.JPG

DSC06264.JPG

ok hope you like these...there are a few more that you can see in my gallery...

Hey heavy
Have you grown this strain before? I wouldn't be alarmed yet if at all.
some strains just grow purple stems. Imho.
Your plants look great.:peace:

Thanks Oldmedman, and no I never have grown this strain before ( for that matter ive never grown any strain before LOL this is my first)....I just bought these clones from a friend of a friend type of thing, and I really dont know what kind of strain these are, I was told they were sour diesel but I dont know, maybe they are a diesel cross with something else. They do look pretty good, and real bushy and the buds are every where...Ill post more pics in a few days. As far as the purple stems go they have been that way from the start, so maybe its just normal for these plants. :ganjamon:

ok I have a opinion on the mattre of cutting big leaves .I do not see why i would not.It would be benifical if it is covering such an area (budding sites etc.) or to much area to decrease its growth rate i cut the really big ones about 2-4 weeks they will start having prob usually around weeks 4-8 anyways there fore i would think that the nute taken up by them would over compensate the growth there taking when blocking light. hope that makes sense. i will also turn twist bend back manipulate the other leaves that i do not want to chop so light can Penitrate where nessisary. I suck at spelling anyways just wanted to add my thoughts to the debate

Thanks Guys, I think I will cut them off only when they turn real yellow...as long as they look healthy ill leave the leaves alone (hehe no pun intended)
:cool: BTW the buds are swelling every day they look bigger. Im only on day 19 of flower cycle, ill post some more bud pic in a few days.

I
leave mine on til they crinkle. My reasoning for this is that if the plant needs to take from itself it will first fo to those leafs prior to going to any other part. If you watch the plant fallowing cutting them off, then you'll notice it will start to take from the others. I think of at a sacrifice. Just an thought. Fo instance my rule of thumgb on my outdoor grows it to let them natrually fall off. This is unless i have access to them on a regular basis, and can baby them if they show any signs of deficiency.

cool Butcher , thats what im gonna do, wait till they die and start to dry up then ill snip them off. thanks for the input :cool:

Hey everyone sorry for no updates or new pics,but my computer has been broken for over a week now. My Son is trying to fix it. Hopefully i will post new pics soon. plants are looking good new buds everywhere and the leaves are starting to get frosty looking. Later, Heavyherb

Back
Top Bottom