Horse's Coco Hempy 400w CMH Vertical Crawlspace Grow 2010

A heads up for all you CMH hangers: I talked with Advanced Technology, and they have bulb that works off of a MH ballast (don't ask why I was interested in that, ha): CDM330/U/O/4K EA Allstart

advancedtechlighting.com

Works in any orientation, draws less power than the 400w CMH (something like 330w), and has more red in the spectrum.

Hangin' in there!

:peace:

High All,

Man, stuff keeps getting in the way of journaling, but I'm going to try a little catch up.

This was the stickiest Jack yet, and the last of the OC+ girls. The temps were pretty cool, so it seemed the OC wasn't doing much. I feed with GH Maxibloom, and KoolBloom dry nutes, and sucanat for the last month. I think she liked it.

DSC08828.jpg

DSC08831.jpg

DSC08840.jpg

24 hrs in the dark, and after a week she looked like this:

DSC08849.jpg

DSC08850.jpg

DSC08853.jpg

DSC08852.jpg

DSC08854.jpg

Never did see any hopper evidence. The liquidy drool just seemed to be a sugary exfarction, sure was sticky.

She's sitting in jars, getting sweeter every day. I like the Jacks :tokin:

The past weekend was cloning time. Flo, an Hawaiian, and some more Jack Herer.

I've had really good luck rooting in to go cup mini hempys, so I thought I'd post some of the process for other cheapskates :)

I had to trim the bottoms of the girls anyway, so I kept the strongest looking branches. I had pre-drilled a bunch of cups about an 1 1/2" from the bottom with a 7/16" hole. I found that a brad point bit, run in reverse, makes a nice clean hole in the flimsy cups. I've got chunky perlite, so that went in the bottom to just above the hole, then I filled the rest with Fafard container soil.

DSC08879.jpg

I take a sharpie, and punch a hole in the soil down to the perlite. I leave the soil dry cause it's way less messy, for me anyway.

DSC08881.jpg

DSC08882.jpg

I try to leave at least 2 leaf nodes to bury, but it depends on the cutting. Scrape the stem and nodes with an exacto knife, then split the very bottom of the stem.

DSC08885.jpg

DSC08889.jpg

Dip the stem in Olivia's Cloning Gel,

DSC08890.jpg

and stick her in the hole. I like to pack the dirt around the stem ( advice from Ruth Stout, the mother of organic gardening), then top off the cup with more dirt.

It's messy in the sunroom! I have to work fast while Mrs Horse is out ;)

DSC08873.jpg

DSC08874.jpg

DSC08877.jpg

DSC08876.jpg

DSC08880.jpg

DSC08891.jpg

In the end, I've got a pot o' pot :)

DSC08892.jpg

After they're hauled back to the crawl, I keep a finger over the hole, and fill each cup with rain water and SuperThrive.

DSC08893.jpg

DSC08894.jpg

DSC08895.jpg

In about 3 weeks, they'll look like this, I hope :grinjoint:

DSC08821.jpg

Hay Horse, Your Jack looks real nice.:cheer::)
Nice frosty buds, looking very tasty with all that sugar.:cheer:

Looks like a great spot to do your cloning, just don't let Mrs Horse find any perlite on her sunroom floor.

Tried to rep you but my rep button is stuck.

Whoa Horse!:) Nice looking haul off the trippy Jack. Hope it smokes as good as it looks.:tokin:

Great step by step on using the mini-hempies for clones. I have been using them for seeds but coco plugs for clones. Since I have plenty of time to clone and veg, it would be nice to have a well established root system to transplant. Good job!:high-five:

:tokin:

Hay Horse, Your Jack looks real nice.:cheer::)
Nice frosty buds, looking very tasty with all that sugar.:cheer:

Looks like a great spot to do your cloning, just don't let Mrs Horse find any perlite on her sunroom floor.

Tried to rep you but my rep button is stuck.

Thanks Mick, this Jack is much frostier and smoother smoking than the last. I've got a coco/dirt sOG going that I'm hoping will be even sweeter :grinjoint:

The perlite is a dead give away! I told Mrs Horse it's new organic burglar alarm that just crunches... she's not buying it :)

Thanks for the almost reps :smokin:

Whoa Horse!:) Nice looking haul off the trippy Jack. Hope it smokes as good as it looks.:tokin:

Great step by step on using the mini-hempies for clones. I have been using them for seeds but coco plugs for clones. Since I have plenty of time to clone and veg, it would be nice to have a well established root system to transplant. Good job!:high-five:

:tokin:

Thanks for stoopin' brotherman. Jack is an impressively smooth operator :tokin:

I've also been running the lights 16/8. It's supposed to help make more, and stronger root structure, seems like it's working.

She yielded almost 3 zs of buds... I'm happy :smokin:

Well, that does it. You can teach an old Horse new tricks! Then he teaches us! :Namaste:

What a great step by step tutorial. Those are some beauties you have started.
Sooooo green and healthy. Jack H. forever! :)

I think I would crack a window in the sun room, so you can hear Mrs Horse coming.
:grinjoint:

Well alrighty then... first the last update was etherized, now it's back, but today's posts have vanished. Never a dull moment :tokin:

Great Harvest Horse! I love the orange.

When you cure do the buds turn a darker color? Mine are all still green even after a few weeks in the jars.

Anybody else losing posts? Or just having them come and go?

BD, I know I answered you yesterday :hmmmm: Thanks, again, for the kind words. I am anxiously awaiting this Jack to cure... three more weeks?

And, yeah, the cure does seem to turn the buds darker. Partly, I think, cause of the loss of chlorophyll. I have dried pot that wasn't cured, and it stays much greener.

I read on the Mandela Seed site, their preferred cure started in something semi-permeable, like a baggie or cheap food storage container, then move to glass jars. I tried that on this last Jack, so we'll see :cheer:

Seems like 6 weeks curing makes for a pretty smooth smoke :grinjoint:

Patience, buddy :smokin:

Glad you're feeling better :thumb:

Man Horse those buds look sweet and juicy. I cant wait to watch the next crop bloom.

Thanks Anonymous, I'm waiting with ya :tokin:

The White Russians are stacking, the new Jack is hanging back, and the Jack SOG is recouping from the scissors. Everybody gets a shot of Happy Frog tea tonight :grinjoint:

Well, that does it. You can teach an old Horse new tricks! Then he teaches us! :Namaste:

What a great step by step tutorial. Those are some beauties you have started.
Sooooo green and healthy. Jack H. forever! :)

I think I would crack a window in the sun room, so you can hear Mrs Horse coming.
:grinjoint:

Hay OMM, somehow I missed this? Thanks for the kind words, bud.

The perlite on the floor is a great early warning system :grinjoint:

Hope you're on the mountain!

High tech rain gathering system:

DSC08896.jpg

Dollar store collander w/ paper towel filter, cheap and effective :grinjoint:

DSC08897.jpg

DSC08898.jpg

The Jamaican that only got partially Reversed has been banished to the great outdoors.

DSC08899.jpg

I used Dr. Bronner's Hemp/Peppermint for the surfactant, so I'm not sure if the DM Penetrator would have completely eliminated the bananas. Her mom was loaded, and I've only seen enough on this one to get worried...

We've had a bunch of cold nights since she was deported. The cold has seemingly been painting purple magic.

DSC08900.jpg

DSC08901.jpg

DSC08903.jpg

DSC08902.jpg

DSC08900.jpg

I'm hoping for some pure Jamaican seeds... think she"s stressed enough to put out feminized nuts?

Anybody else losing posts? Or just having them come and go?

BD, I know I answered you yesterday :hmmmm: Thanks, again, for the kind words. I am anxiously awaiting this Jack to cure... three more weeks?

And, yeah, the cure does seem to turn the buds darker. Partly, I think, cause of the loss of chlorophyll. I have dried pot that wasn't cured, and it stays much greener.

I read on the Mandela Seed site, their preferred cure started in something semi-permeable, like a baggie or cheap food storage container, then move to glass jars. I tried that on this last Jack, so we'll see :cheer:

Seems like 6 weeks curing makes for a pretty smooth smoke :grinjoint:

Patience, buddy :smokin:

Glad you're feeling better :thumb:

Hay Horse thanks for answering me twice cause I missed the first one :cheer:

I guess my stash is curing, it's sitting in jars in the dark about 63-68 degrees and slowly losing moisture. I'm down to about 60 rh in the jars which should be close to perfect but they're still quite green. The scent is dropping a bit over time. They've been in jars from 3-4 weeks now.

What's the longest you've ever kept any in jars? I'm going to set some aside for a long cure.

If I put a plant like that outside right now we'd be talking serious damage right now lol. It would be dead in days.

Take care my friend and good luck to your team. I see we have a possible match-up looming the weekend after next.

Back
Top Bottom