Horse's Coco Hempy 400w CMH Vertical Crawlspace Grow 2010

Hay Horse thanks for answering me twice cause I missed the first one :cheer:

I guess my stash is curing, it's sitting in jars in the dark about 63-68 degrees and slowly losing moisture. I'm down to about 60 rh in the jars which should be close to perfect but they're still quite green. The scent is dropping a bit over time. They've been in jars from 3-4 weeks now.

What's the longest you've ever kept any in jars? I'm going to set some aside for a long cure.

If I put a plant like that outside right now we'd be talking serious damage right now lol. It would be dead in days.

Take care my friend and good luck to your team. I see we have a possible match-up looming the weekend after next.

High BD, I've got some that have been jarred for 2 months, but I don't see why it wouldn't last indefinitely if it's kept in a cool, dark place.

The Jamaican is hanging in there. I just want seeds, so keep your fingers crossed for me ;)

My boys blew it pretty badly. Hope they haven't peaked. 2 weekends of tournament ball is lot to make it thru, but I hope we see you there!

:peace:

Hey Horse. Love the mini tutorial of your cloning method. I have yet to use any suprthrive. Do you use it for anything else besides with clones? Or for seedlings too? What are your thoughts on the product?
Awesome looking buds too. the color of those hairs is mouthwatering! Good work.
Do you have a weight yet?
+reps on the harvest!!

High farnorth,

I use ST everywhere, transplant, clone, veg, and bloom. I haven't done any seeds with it. I have no idea if it works, but it doesn't seem to hurt :cheesygrinsmiley:

That Jack is still curing, but it was around 3zs.

Thanks for stooping in, and for the reps :Rasta:

Bi-weekly update! The gnats have been frickin' killing me. I was in denial, slacked off. Those little forkers don't just go away. Azamax drench, No Pest Strips, and now Mosquito Dunk shakes.

DSC08978.jpg

I'm not seeing many flying, but I'm going to keep dousing them with all the artillery.

In the main ring, after 20 days of 12/12 is Jack Herer,

DSC08949.jpg

DSC08950.jpg

She seems a lot slower than her mother and aunt. Sparser on the bud formation, too. The clawing seems to be a part of this Jack pheno. It has happened, to some extent, on all of them.

Next up are the White Russians. 24 days 12/12

DSC08951.jpg

DSC08952.jpg

DSC08953.jpg

DSC08954.jpg

They seem to be liking everything. Their fan leaf stems were purple, with thrichs to the main stalk. I figured I oughta redirect that energy to the parts I want to smoke?

Both the JH and WR are on Maxi Bloom dry, Sucanat, and kelp.

Bloom Tent II has 8 JHs in a sorta SOG. 24 days 12/12

DSC08970.jpg

DSC08972.jpg

DSC08971.jpg

Not a lot of head room in these mother tents.

DSC08976.jpg

DSC08974.jpg

They came off the bigger blooming JH, and are exhibiting the same spare characteristics. I'm thinking that a JH SOG was pretty stupid idea, so I've got a CMH ordered for the new/old tent.

DSC08955.jpg

DSC08957.jpg

Got to rig up a collar on the mogul so when I wrap it w/ tin foil, I don't burn it up again!

The veg tent harem.

DSC08958.jpg

Flo on the left.

DSC08959.jpg

Hawaiian (?) right

DSC08960.jpg

White Russian clones almost 9 weeks. Time to up can!

DSC08961.jpg

Flo, Hawaiian, JH clones 16 days old

DSC08962.jpg

Flo is having some issues.

DSC08964.jpg

DSC08965.jpg

DSC08967.jpg

DSC08966.jpg

Looks like the combo pack economy special of all deficiencies :morenutes:

The Hawaiian couldn't seem happier, for now :thumb:

DSC08968.jpg

DSC08969.jpg

The crawl after the re-rigging.

DSC08977.jpg

The alchemy station has shrunk. Gotta be more careful slopping stuff, dang.

DSC08979.jpg

DSC08980.jpg

Our providing clone angel may be down in a couple of weeks... there's a rumor of AK 48 in the air ;)

Thanks for lookin'

Looking real good in the Crawl Horse. Doesn't look like ther is much room left in there for you!:surf:

Got some gnats trying to make a go of it in my space. They don't stand a chance.

Looking real good in the Crawl Horse. Doesn't look like ther is much room left in there for you!:surf:

Got some gnats trying to make a go of it in my space. They don't stand a chance.

Hay TT, I'm knocking stuff over just turning around :Rasta: I'm real interested to see how this new CDM light works compared to the Retro.

I've got so many plants in the crawl, and the house is filled with all kinds of flora, I'm not sure how this gnat battle is going. We're thinking they came in with an orchid that Mrs Horse was given. Always look in the mouth of any gifts given to a Horse!

I saw Mosquito dunks at Lowe's for 10 bucks, I paid 12 at the hydro store ;)

Hay Horse! I love those White Russians wow are they beautiful. Sure is a lot of greenery happening in the crawl.

Maybe you have a new strain, Jack Claw haha. Next you need to breed your own super strain and call it Trojan Horse :thumb:

Good luck killing those little bastards... no mercy!

WoW! Horse ! :thumb:

Thanks for the pictures of your place. I never realized you had so much going on at one time. How could I have missed all that? Your plants, all of them look great! The old grower has awakened! You
don't have a crawl space you have a farm. Good on ya Buddy! :thumb:

Good luck with the bugs.

Hay Horse! I love those White Russians wow are they beautiful. Sure is a lot of greenery happening in the crawl.

Maybe you have a new strain, Jack Claw haha. Next you need to breed your own super strain and call it Trojan Horse :thumb:

Good luck killing those little bastards... no mercy!

From twisted beginnings, ha! The White Russians are seeming to be the perfect plant for the vertical CMH :thumb: The one I've got curing is our best smoke so far... really lays me back. Smells like a delicious fruity kind of gum with a punch.

The gnats are still kicking my butt. I can't find the yellow sticky traps everybody uses, might have to smear vaseline on yellow card stock?

Thanks for the support!

WoW! Horse ! :thumb:

Thanks for the pictures of your place. I never realized you had so much going on at one time. How could I have missed all that? Your plants, all of them look great! The old grower has awakened! You
don't have a crawl space you have a farm. Good on ya Buddy! :thumb:

Good luck with the bugs.

Thanks OMM, the crawl is literally hoppin'! I still don't have a quarter of the strains going that you do, though :goodjob:

I've still got Mr/Ms Jamaica outside for you.

DSC08982.jpg

DSC08983.jpg

DSC08984.jpg

DSC08985.jpg

DSC08986.jpg

DSC08988.jpg

Hoping there's some fat seeds in those bulbous calyxes :yummy:

Ahhh, the Islands!

PS Do you know anything about that Hawaiian? If it's an Hawaiian Sativa, it's an 84 day strain, yikes! It sure has no resemblance to any sativa I've seen, though.

PS Do you know anything about that Hawaiian? If it's an Hawaiian Sativa, it's an 84 day strain, yikes! It sure has no resemblance to any sativa I've seen, though.

Horse, it grows very few limbs and can look really strange, so I do believe that's what you have! :surf:

Hi Horse - thanks for posting the info on the CDM bulb! Sorry if I missed it in a post, but have you got the bulb and turned it on at all? I am curious if it will be as bright, or perhaps brighter then the HPS conversion despite using less watts. I better go and read up a little better.

Have a good one.

Hay Supergravy, The new cage is waiting for the CDM to get here. From my understanding, it's pretty much an all position CMH, so I'm hoping it's brighter than an HPS. It draws 330w, I think, less is better for me in a summer grow.

The 400w Retro CMH is way brighter than an 6500k HPS.

Thanks for stooping in.

Okay, so for latest issue...

I've been using dry GH maxi gro and bloom. I've been adding it to either rain and/or city water. The rain pH is 7, city water is 8-9. I bubble the city water for at least 24 hrs in an open bucket.

Medium is 2 parts coco/ 1 part Fafard container soil. I added a couple cups of Happy Frog Jump Start with mychorrizae to get some good action going in the hempy bucket.

Either maxi lowers the pH to around 4.2. I had been using a pH upper from the hydro store, but I figure that might kill the good bacteria, so I've been using an organic baking soda.

1/2 teaspoon of the baking soda will raise the pH to 6.2, but it takes around 2 more teaspoons to raise it to 6.5, if it raises it anymore at all.

Is there some saturation point for baking soda? Is there something better I could be using? Is it the way I'm mixing? Water/nutes/mix/soda?

I've left the mix (w/o baking soda) in a bucket all night with an airstone, and it doesn't change the pH at all.

The plants all seem to be fine, but I'd like to be able to get the pH to 6.8 occasionally. Should I even worry about the pH with the maxi stuff?

Thanks for any help turning the dial!

Okay, so for latest issue...

I've been using dry GH maxi gro and bloom. I've been adding it to either rain and/or city water. The rain pH is 7, city water is 8-9. I bubble the city water for at least 24 hrs in an open bucket.

Medium is 2 parts coco/ 1 part Fafard container soil. I added a couple cups of Happy Frog Jump Start with mychorrizae to get some good action going in the hempy bucket.

Either maxi lowers the pH to around 4.2. I had been using a pH upper from the hydro store, but I figure that might kill the good bacteria, so I've been using an organic baking soda.

1/2 teaspoon of the baking soda will raise the pH to 6.2, but it takes around 2 more teaspoons to raise it to 6.5, if it raises it anymore at all.

Is there some saturation point for baking soda? Is there something better I could be using? Is it the way I'm mixing? Water/nutes/mix/soda?

I've left the mix (w/o baking soda) in a bucket all night with an airstone, and it doesn't change the pH at all.

The plants all seem to be fine, but I'd like to be able to get the pH to 6.8 occasionally. Should I even worry about the pH with the maxi stuff?

Thanks for any help turning the dial!

I mix the Maxi at the 2 teaspoon per gallon level with my tap water at 7.9 ph. This generally brings the tap water down to about 6.5+. I then mix the tap water with rain water to what ever ratio of nutes I want. The heaviest I go is 50/50 which is 1tsp/gallon but then i am using some other nutes too.

The soil and coco will buffer a certain amount of ph. So far the plants are not showing any ph problems.

You might try a PM to Setting Sun, he has some experience with using the Maxi product.

I mix the Maxi at the 2 teaspoon per gallon level with my tap water at 7.9 ph. This generally brings the tap water down to about 6.5+. I then mix the tap water with rain water to what ever ratio of nutes I want. The heaviest I go is 50/50 which is 1tsp/gallon but then i am using some other nutes too.

The soil and coco will buffer a certain amount of ph. So far the plants are not showing any ph problems.

You might try a PM to Setting Sun, he has some experience with using the Maxi product.

Hay TT, are you using the dry maxi? Sounds like we do the same thing, but I'm getting different results.

I had hoped the soil/coco would do some buffering, and it seems to take care of all the girls but one. I've got a Flo that's starting to show a little cal/mag deficiency. I don't like mixing special feedings, but.

I'll bug SS if I see him around here. He's probably on hiatus for a reason, and I'd hate to reel him back in before he's rested ;)

Hay TT, are you using the dry maxi? Sounds like we do the same thing, but I'm getting different results.

I had hoped the soil/coco would do some buffering, and it seems to take care of all the girls but one. I've got a Flo that's starting to show a little cal/mag deficiency. I don't like mixing special feedings, but.

I'll bug SS if I see him around here. He's probably on hiatus for a reason, and I'd hate to reel him back in before he's rested ;)

Yep, I'm using the dry. My urban water has pretty high ppm and an allowable amount of rocket fuel in it. :Rasta:

Surprised that a plant needs more cal/mag than the maxi has in it. Maybe just put some cal/mag+ (etc) in a cup of water and spread it around on surface before watering it with the standard mix.

I think SS has plenty of good herb to be rested.:slide:

Cool, It has a really nice, hashy smell so far. I'm hoping it'll be perfect in the hanging room. Do you know how it smokes?

Thanks buddy,

Sorry Horse Have never had the chance to smoke any yet.:smokin:

Yesterday, on TT's recommendation, I picked up a bottle of EcoSmart pest wacker. Took a whole bottle, but on this morning's gnat patrol, I only noticed one flier :thumb: Thanks TT!

Lights out photo update.

Bloom tent. Jack on the left, White Russians on the right. They are all right around 36".

DSC08989.jpg

Jack has started filling in nicely. She always looks extra clawy during lights out. I'm so confused, but I think the Jack is 45 days into 12/12.

DSC08990.jpg

DSC08991.jpg

DSC08992.jpg

DSC08993.jpg

The WRs just keep on chooglin'. These are 28 days on 12/12.

DSC08994.jpg

DSC08995.jpg

DSC08996.jpg

DSC08997.jpg

DSC08998.jpg

DSC08999.jpg

DSC09002.jpg

DSC09001.jpg

Waiting for the CDM.

DSC09003.jpg

Took Flo out to the bar yesterday. Trimmed off most of her effected leaves, peeled back the hydroton and worked in some Mosquito Dunk crumbs, and flushed her with 2 gals of Clearexed rain water. I've had to lst her to keep her out of the lights. I'll let her recoup, then it's into the 12/12 box.

Flo left, Hawaiian right.

DSC09006.jpg

The WR clones need to be upcanned, but there is no room at the inn.

The t5 bloom tent is blooming, but I want them surrounding that CDM. Advanced is pretty slack on the shipping end, bulb may be here Friday.

DSC09008.jpg

DSC09009.jpg

DSC09010.jpg

But, the best news is the gnats seem to be on the run :cheer:

All's well on the eastern front :grinjoint:

Horse I gotta say that Jack Claw looks like hell but who cares what the leaves look like... hopefully she'll still deliver the goods. Now that WR is another story... I'm in love!

Back
Top Bottom