Horse's Coco Hempy 400w CMH Vertical Crawlspace Grow 2010

Howdy Horse - love the name and the link you posted explaining where it came from. You've got a great set-up going in the crawlspace. :welldone:

I had a plant that was doing the claw thing - one that I was experimenting with. Was late veg. and was going to just ditch it as it was never going to be grown out to begin with. For fun I stuck it in natural light and the claws went away almost immediately. Natural light seemed like it was the magic elixir. It was a bagseed plant i had next to plants that were thriving - but it just wanted to claw up. Not so once it had the natural light. Just thought I'd throw that out there - not sure if it applies...

Anway - hope you don't mind another tagger along! :popcorn:

Thanks xlr8r. The sun may be the ticket, but this is a stealth grow, and I'd never be able to hide Jack outside ;)

The CMH are supposed to be closer to sunlight than HPS, but I do think it's something with the light and the Jacks. I've got some flowering under T5s that haven't shown any claws... yet.

Pull up a chair, there's room under the chop saw :grinjoint:

:peace:

Love the pics there horse. Where did I miss what your doing with your T'5.s mind filling me in a little more on whats going on with those?

Thanks farnorth,

The crawl is just under 6' to the floor joists, and with all the duct work, wires and pipes, it's down to about 5'.

I've got 8 Jacks in a mother tent (2'x4'x4') with 3 4x2' T5 units with bloom tubes. I was thinking I could SOG them, but it's getting a pretty tangley, even with lollypopping and supercropping. They are budding.

I've got another bloom area set up, just waiting on a 330w CDM (should have been here yesterday :(). I think the Jacks could stretch to about 2' in there, which ought to be about perfect for that light.

But, I just saw a plant DocBud has under a T5, that is super frosty... oh, the decisions :tokin:

Clear as mud, huh?

Okay, it's not in the crawl, but the benefits go there.

DSC09012.jpg

It's raining tonight :cheer:

Moved Flo

DSC09029.jpg

and the Hawaiian into 12/12.

DSC09028.jpg

Jack and the White Russins

DSC09026.jpg

Jack the Gripper

DSC09035.jpg

DSC09036.jpg

DSC09034.jpg

The Russians

DSC09030.jpg

DSC09031.jpg

DSC09037.jpg

DSC09043.jpg

DSC09044.jpg

DSC09045.jpg

Hawaiian

DSC09046.jpg

The T5 Jacks Sogging

DSC09038.jpg

DSC09039.jpg

DSC09040.jpg

DSC09041.jpg

DSC09042.jpg

The CDM still hasn't shown up... arrrrgh.

On another note, anybody got a guess what this is?https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500

[img]https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/DSC09015.jpg

DSC09016.jpg

DSC09021.jpg

DSC09025.jpg

DSC09019.jpg

It first showed up on Flo, then some WR clones, then the Hawaiian. All in the same tent.

There's other Flo, HA, Jack and WR clones in there that aren't showing this.

I've tried Spray and Grow, which has iron and zinc, and also a cal/mag/kelp foliar. It started on lower fans and is moving upwards. New leaves don't exhibit any signs.

Thanks for any help :smokin:

Jack the Gripper lol!

Horse post those pics on Doc's thread, if anyone will know what to do he will.

How long have you been seeing it? Has it killed any leaves yet? When I had cal/mag problems the leaf would start looking bad and be dead within 3 days.

Good luck Bro. I'd love to be able to look at stuff like that and know what it was for sure.

Jack the Gripper lol!

Horse post those pics on Doc's thread, if anyone will know what to do he will.

How long have you been seeing it? Has it killed any leaves yet? When I had cal/mag problems the leaf would start looking bad and be dead within 3 days.

Good luck Bro. I'd love to be able to look at stuff like that and know what it was for sure.

It's not all that bad, yet. I've been seeing it for about a week, seems like right about when I started gnat annihilation in earnest. I'm going to hygrozyme them today.

Say you us pondzyme, right? I picked some up at Pet Smart, but I'm not sure how much to use. Does .5 ml/gal sound right?

Thanks.

Hi Horse. Is this close? If so it's lack of boron.
:)

I have some that need manganese :smokin::smokin:

Thanks OMM, that looks close, but so does about 5 other things :grinjoint: I'll check it out.

We have so much manganese in our well water, our clothes were turning brown in the wash. Had to add a softener.

Speaking of water, I had the rain barrel all ready to harvest last night's crop of precipitation. Got about 1/2" in the gauge, yay! Thing is, you've got to close the valve on the barrel to keep it in there, d'oh! :tokin:

It's not all that bad, yet. I've been seeing it for about a week, seems like right about when I started gnat annihilation in earnest. I'm going to hygrozyme them today.

Say you us pondzyme, right? I picked some up at Pet Smart, but I'm not sure how much to use. Does .5 ml/gal sound right?

Thanks.

Hay Horse I'll bet you're exited today!

That scoop is supposed to treat 100 gals so I just use a pinch per gallon, but I don't think using too much will hurt anything.

I had it in the tubs when I cloned, it kind of formed into clumps of scumminess, hard to describe. Like brown underwater mushed together spiderwebs, it was wispy but the clumps were pretty big, some the size of a bic. If you tried to pick it up it would just fall apart.

At least I think that's what was clumping, there was nothing else in there except what was coming off the submerged cuttings. Not at all what I was expecting to see, and I wonder if I hurt it by not letting the chlorine evaporate out before adding it?

There was a lot of open water under bright lights when I cloned. Maybe I didn't use enough and it got overwhelmed. I did notice some algae growth on the sides of the tubs, I could feel it.

I've stopped using it now, but I'll try it again with the next clones.

Hay Horse I'll bet you're exited today!

That scoop is supposed to treat 100 gals so I just use a pinch per gallon, but I don't think using too much will hurt anything.

I had it in the tubs when I cloned, it kind of formed into clumps of scumminess, hard to describe. Like brown underwater mushed together spiderwebs, it was wispy but the clumps were pretty big, some the size of a bic. If you tried to pick it up it would just fall apart.

At least I think that's what was clumping, there was nothing else in there except what was coming off the submerged cuttings. Not at all what I was expecting to see, and I wonder if I hurt it by not letting the chlorine evaporate out before adding it?

There was a lot of open water under bright lights when I cloned. Maybe I didn't use enough and it got overwhelmed. I did notice some algae growth on the sides of the tubs, I could feel it.

I've stopped using it now, but I'll try it again with the next clones.

Hay BD, I am excited, it's great to still have something to :cheer: for!

Thanks for the pondzyme info, I'm going to give it a shot... my hygrozme is about gone :grinjoint:

Hi Horse. Is this close? If so it's lack of boron.
:)

I have some that need manganese :smokin::smokin:

1134manganese-def1.jpg
Hay OMM, I think that pic is a manganese deficiency, but then, that's where your mind is :grinjoint:

It could be boron, though, none of my nutes have any. I've got some boric acid, so I'll give them a little shot.

Thanks man :thumb:

High BD, the stuff I have is liqud. 5-8ml/gal. $35/qt, ouch!

I think if you can resist overwatering you should avoid most root problems. I didn't use anything my last grow until the very end and the roots were amazingly happy.

I ordered the Hanna just now and 320ml bottles of the ph 4 & 7 calibration solutions, $14 each but I guess they need to get their money. They also sell single use packs for $1.70 each so I bought 3 ph 10's. The whole deal is going to run me about $105 including shipping.

Can you buy the replacement batteries anywhere?

Thanks again for the heads up on this, can't wait for the new toy to arrive! :slide:

I think if you can resist overwatering you should avoid most root problems. I didn't use anything my last grow until the very end and the roots were amazingly happy.

I ordered the Hanna just now and 320ml bottles of the ph 4 & 7 calibration solutions, $14 each but I guess they need to get their money. They also sell single use packs for $1.70 each so I bought 3 ph 10's. The whole deal is going to run me about $105 including shipping.

Can you buy the replacement batteries anywhere?

Thanks again for the heads up on this, can't wait for the new toy to arrive! :slide:

I know you know, but hempies are a pretty overwaterproof deal. The gnats may have been the problem. I haven't seen any for a few days. I'm just thinking I should clean stuff out with an enzyme.

I haven't had to change batteries, yet. I don't even know what kind it takes, but I'm sure you can get them anywhere.

Horse I wasn't trying to say you had overwatered sorry if it came across like that. You're doing exactly the right thing imo.

No worries, you got me thinking though :tokin:

The coco/dirt hempy may need different attention than I've been paying... especially pH wise. It may be more hydro than dirt... more research:hmmmm:

Thanks.

Thanks OMM, that looks close, but so does about 5 other things :grinjoint: I'll check it out.

We have so much manganese in our well water, our clothes were turning brown in the wash. Had to add a softener.

Speaking of water, I had the rain barrel all ready to harvest last night's crop of precipitation. Got about 1/2" in the gauge, yay! Thing is, you've got to close the valve on the barrel to keep it in there, d'oh! :tokin:

That would really help ! :yahoo::yahoo:
I believe that's called a senior moment! :rofl::rofl:

I meant to comment on your boneheaded move with the water catching earlier but I was stoned and forgot all about it within 10 seconds.... I'm sure you know how that goes :)

Sorry about you know what. I know the feeling all too well.

Go Butler!

Howdy Horse - I'm wondering if your leaf picture/description is really just older leaves that aren't getting enough light anymore and dying. I've had otherwise healthy plants throw leaves that looked like that - and I'm pretty sure it was just poor light/old growth. Just a thought...

Back
Top Bottom